WWE Day of Reckoning Official Topic

Media 2.0

Hopefully they fix the tables mechanics.

The way it is in every other game, you have to be ON the table to put someone through it (or jumping off something onto them). WHY WOULD YOU PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THE TABLE ASWELL?!

In HCTP you can put someone through a table by standing next to it. Looks great with a Last Ride...

Especially with Kane, it looks like they'll be using the same graphics for the faces as they did in Max Payne, superimposing the faces onto the models.

Yes, in fact if I understand correctly that's the only way you can go through season. In a rags to riches mode...so no going through Season as Chris Benoit or anything. It's a downside, but it may be cool.

From that magazine that was linked to, I got that the Story mode is similar to HCTP, in that you take a wrestler, and fight your way to WrestleMania. I seriously doubt they would have a create-a-wrestler-only story mode.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about the gold one, I didn't realise it wasn't actually a shadow of the one in the O (looking at it again, it's obviously not).

The one in the O is BLATANTLY Jericho. Well, a silhouette thereof.

Ummm..no, it's Triple H, and he's doing his little turnbuckle pose, that thing.

In fact...I even believe it could be the same pic that Maxvoltage used in his EWR graphics because they're highly similar.

It does actually look like Jericho posing like he does in his entrance.

If it was Triple H, you'd see his hair. How often does Triple H wear it in a pony tail? Whereas Jericho does a lot.

I might get this. But why does it have such a shitty name? PS2 gets SmackDown vs RAW and X-Box now has WrestleMania. And they just make stuff up for the GC. Poor.

And I'll be looking forward to the first WrestleMania game for the X-Box, it'll be the newest game that plays like No Mercy did for the N64, which is the best wrestling game ever in my mind. As long as they keep the ability to modify ring attire like they included in the RAW games for the X-Box. RAW2 is currently my favourite wrestling game.

Edited by The Kraig

I thought they added the Styles Clash to all of their games when Crash Holly used it? :\

I remember it was in No Mercy. Anyway, it should be in it surely. I just hope that it plays well, because I really dont care about the graphics as long as it is playable. And that the CAW is decent.

New Day of Reckoning videos...and most look fairly bad ass graphic wise.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/665/665526/vids_1.html

Just to let you know, they don't have Taker's entrance music and vid in yet, but the entrance itself is ace. And there may even be buried alive in the game, because watching the Rock/Rey video at Survivor Series, you can clearly see the bulldozer as well as the dirt pile just like the real one. Don't know if that's just part of the set or in the game or not yet though.

IMO the graphics this year look awesome...but the gameplay, while the moves look great, I hate the way teh like random punches and grapples that miss and stuff look. It doesn't look 'crisp' I guess. And the effect on the finishers annoy me, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that the graphics on this game look great.

The graphics are pretty damn good but it seems more like a fighting game rather than a wrestling game. The god damn referee count is awful, its like some voice out of street fighter or something. On one of the videos Benoit hits the referee with a chair and it just completed smashes the chair :ohwell:

It actually looks good and tempts me to buy a gamecube just for this game, but then it has the downside of looking way too fast for a wrestling game in a bad way and the fact that its like mortal combat or god damn street fighter. If there is a buried alive match then that would be great for sure.

Also not just this game, but all wrestling games need to be more realstic. I hate seeing people getting tombstoned like three times and then wiggling around on the floor or getting up, because in real life just one tombstone simply puts you away.

Also not just this game, but all wrestling games need to be more realstic. I hate seeing people getting tombstoned like three times and then wiggling around on the floor or getting up, because in real life just one tombstone simply puts you away.

Heh..I'm always the one to go against this arguement...my question is what would be the fun in that? :huh: I mean seriously..the point of the game kind of, is supposed to be nonstop action. If finishers in the game took your character out for ten minutes...well that would really put a damper on the game. Even if it is more realistic, I really don't wanna be out 10 minutes, even 2-3 minutes if I get hit with a finisher or fall off the cell. There would just be no fun in that...

And it's funny because sometimes I see people complaining about the fact that one finisher from their computer opponent takes them out...when that's the same thing they somewhat complain about there not being.

When will they have solid ropes!?  The Kane face texture is nice, but when will the ropes be solid?

Well...ropes in real life aren't solid. They look like that. Although sometimes they appear to be.

I think Agony might have meant that in this game you can clip right through the ropes. It's been a problem with pretty much every wrestling game I've played, and it's always taken away from the realism for me too. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to see a game to find a way to fix this problem.

I think Agony might have meant that in this game you can clip right through the ropes.  It's been a problem with pretty much every wrestling game I've played, and it's always taken away from the realism for me too.  Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to see a game to find a way to fix this problem.

Well thx for replying to my response from May 12. :P

But really, if that's what he meant then my mistake. But it's not that big of a problem I don't think...I think it would probaly be even more annoying with the ropes in the way. *Tries to think back to no Mercy*....well at least with the angle that they use on HCTP that's probaly better.

The game looks really good, but it better have a lot of match types.

You honestly think that? :huh: Here's the three Wrestler's of the Day so far.

Undertaker (June 21st)

http://cube.ign.com/articles/525/525171p1.html

Kurt Angle(June 22nd)

http://cube.ign.com/articles/525/525525p1.html

Rey Mysterio(June 23rd) *NEW*

http://cube.ign.com/articles/525/525756p1.html

Taker looks fucking ace. It's the other two that look freaky...IMO Taker looks basically perfect.