Name Some Standup Comedians

apsham

As a few have mentioned before, definately check out Dane Cook. That man is the funniest comedian I've seen, definately my favorite.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words about a Dane Cook show "the pickles...." He's done it on every Comedy Central thing I've seen and my body saw him in Connecticut once and he did that bit. It's about people that talk either too loud or too soft into the speaker in fast food drive-thrus and is a funny bit but Bob Saget was just at my school doing a show and people said he killed.

ROSS NOBLE. The funniest man alive (Well he is until someone else can prove otherwise). There's also the likes of Al Murray (But his humour wouldn't stretch out to America, it's just a British thing, that's what his moddled character is), Jimmy Carr, DAVE GORMAN, Dave Spikey and of course Peter Kay. They're the guys i'm loving at the minute. Also i'm looking for stuff by Sean ???, I don't know his second name. He was on Have I got news for you 2/3 weeks ago and is sometimes on QI, he's really funny and want to find some stand up of him if possible, but his name slips my mind making it impossible (Any help on the name front will be greatly appreciated). Bill Bailey is a legend, i'm not too high on Lenny Henry and Lee Evans. Lee Evans is funny, but only in small doses, Lenny Henry on the otherhand has went completely off the ball and is no longer funny at all.

I forgot, Johnny Vegas an absolute legend. Am I the only on who wishes their were Paul Merton stand up shows available, I know he used to do stand up, he's just so funny.

Edited by YI

As EWFan suggested, check out some Richard Pryor stuff too. His "Richard Pryor: Live In Concert" show (from 1979) is pretty damn good.

ROSS NOBLE. The funniest man alive (Well he is until someone else can prove otherwise). There's also the likes of Al Murray (But his humour wouldn't stretch out to America, it's just a British thing, that's what his moddled character is), Jimmy Carr, DAVE GORMAN, Dave Spikey and of course Peter Kay. They're the guys i'm loving at the minute. Also i'm looking for stuff by Sean ???, I don't know his second name. He was on Have I got news for you 2/3 weeks ago and is sometimes on QI, he's really funny and want to find some stand up of him if possible, but his name slips my mind making it impossible (Any help on the name front will be greatly appreciated). Bill Bailey is a legend, i'm not too high on Lenny Henry and Lee Evans. Lee Evans is funny, but only in small doses, Lenny Henry on the otherhand has went completely off the ball and is no longer funny at all.

I forgot, Johnny Vegas an absolute legend. Am I the only on who wishes their were Paul Merton stand up shows available, I know he used to do stand up, he's just so funny.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Am I the only person here that has never found a woman comedian funny? I really can't stand them, much like women-target sitcoms, theres jokes for men and jokes for women.

Thats not to say that a woman in general has never made me laugh, but when they're trying to be funny it doesn't work.

Much like Harry Hill, the complete useless unfunny canned-laughter mother fucking slut bitch whore.

Am I the only person here that has never found a woman comedian funny? I really can't stand them, much like women-target sitcoms, theres jokes for men and jokes for women.

Thats not to say that a woman in general has never made me laugh, but when they're trying to be funny it doesn't work.

Much like Harry Hill, the complete useless unfunny canned-laughter mother fucking slut bitch whore.

I've noticed that a majority of female standups repeat themselves. Far too many times, women like Wanda Sykes or Laura Kightlinger (both of whom lead a trend of women who mainly rely on sexual/"dirty" humor). That being said, I'm an EXTREMELY picky person when it comes to stand-up comedy. There has to be something new throw into the mix for me to become interested (Black's political ranting, Hicks' philosophy, Kinison's rage, Pryor's honesty, etc.)

I've noticed that a majority of female standups repeat themselves. Far too many times, women like Wanda Sykes or Laura Kightlinger (both of whom lead a trend of women who mainly rely on sexual/"dirty" humor). That being said, I'm an EXTREMELY picky person when it comes to stand-up comedy. There has to be something new throw into the mix for me to become interested (Black's political ranting, Hicks' philosophy, Kinison's rage, Pryor's honesty, etc.)

I agree with the both of you, I never watched the second season of a certain show thanks to Tammy Pescatelli, two comedy stereotypes in one package.

The only comedians I really like are Dane Cook, Lewis Black and Eddie Izzard. Chapelle would be in there too maybe, if he did more standup.