Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooooo ... off to Cardiff for another shiny cup.

That's just not gonna happen. Well, the first part is but unless a miracle happens, Liverpool will lose.

Remember when we beat Arsenal a couple of years back? We needed a miracle then as well.

When did that happen? I don't remember Liverpool EVER beating Arsenal... <_<

Wooooo ... off to Cardiff for another shiny cup.

That's just not gonna happen. Well, the first part is but unless a miracle happens, Liverpool will lose.

Remember when we beat Arsenal a couple of years back? We needed a miracle then as well.

When did that happen? I don't remember Liverpool EVER beating Arsenal... <_<

i believe that was somewhere between 77 and 83 :shifty:

:P

It's a LIE!!! A LIE!!! We're unbeatable...except when we lose...but even then Liverpool never beat us...:shifty:

owen-medbikar2.jpg

Who lost that day? :thumbsup:

i'm gonna go with a wild guess and say Oldham..? :shifty:

:P

No no, that was the evil mirror universe Arsenal. After we went 1-0, a terrible thing happened and our team was switched with the Arsenal squad from the mirror universe.

Liverpool have confirmed striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle will be out of action for a "lengthy period" because of a knee injury.

Pongolle, 20, tore his anterior cruciate ligaments in the Carling Cup victory over Watford.

He will visit a surgeon on Thursday to ascertain the length of his wait on the Anfield sidelines.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is already without the services of Djibril Cisse, Harry Kewell and Xabi Alonso.

Benitez said: "We have not had the best of luck with injuries of late and this is another blow."

Alonso 'to miss season'

Cisse is out for the season with a broken leg, while Alonso looks likely to miss the remainder of their campaign after suffering a broken ankle.

Kewell, meanwhile, is edging nearer to a return from a groin injury.

The latest Sinama-Pongolle setback leaves Benitez with just two recognised front-line strikers - Fernando Morientes and Milan Baros - with relative novice Neil Mellor as the sole back-up.

Newcastle awaiting Bellamy offers

The club's Spanish manager looks likely to be forced into the transfer market as a result.

The Anfield club have already been linked with a move for Newcastle striker Craig Bellamy but the club have denied any such move.

• 4 weeks later...

Should be a tough game today.

I know Liverpool can win but that is if they're playing on very good form, which they sometimes don't do. If they play how they did in the CL then they can win today, let's hope so too.

I'm actually going to go with 2-1 to Liverpool, but we'll see.