Charlie and The Chocolate Factory-Teaser

Laice07

Teaser at Yahoo! Movies

So what do you think?

IMO, I think it has a shot at being a good movie, looks stylish and wacky....but that song just doesn't seem to fit. As for Depp(who looks freakishly like Micheal Jackson), I'll have to see more.

-Star Wars Episode III:Revenge of The Sith: May 19th 2005 :D

well, after watching that teaster, I still can't judge the movie without not being able to see it, and I'm sure I could be wrong, but I just don't think this is Johnny Depp's role. He was good in Pirates of the Caribbean, but I just don't think this role works for him.

The trailer is supposed to come off as creepy and weird.

Tim Burton is making a darker movie. And looking at the trailer I think he nailed it PERFECTLY. The music fits EXACTLY. The whole feel comes across really well in the trailer.

I don't see it... they had retarded childish bits in there, like near the very end. I didn't see anything really "dark" in there.

You guys are already judging it based on the teaser trailer...seriously it seems the EWB has it in for this movie. It looks exactly how it is all described in the book and Depp looks like he's acting Wonka out as it was written in the book. Wilder is the movie version of Wonka, this is an adaption based on the book, not a remake of the movie. Don't know why people can't grasp that concept.

That being said, I think it looks great based on that. The song is weird but I'm sure it's a temp track since Danny Elfman is doing the music and probably hasn't written the score yet.

Why can't the old movies just be left alone instead of being dragged back to life. I wonder what Roald Dahl would've thought about this new one, considering he was supposed to have hated the original movie. Oh and Depp looks like a woman.

Pepsi, sounds like you're judging it so far also based on the trailer. Which is fine, as that's part of what a trailer is supposed to do: Show you a glimpse of the movie and make you want to see more. Wheras, now that I've viewed the trailer, I want to see the movie LESS than I did before.

And I'm well aware that it's based on the book and not on the movie. I was actually looking forward to it just to see the differences in interpretation. But now I'm less inclined to do so.

In my opinion, this trailer did the OPPOSITE of it's job. It made me not want to see the movie as much. Regardless of the quality of the full movie, I'm less likely to watch it in the first place now, based on what they chose to show.

I'm not judging the movie based on it's trailer, i'm judging it based on what I know about it. I knew I wanted to see it from the first time I heard about them making a direct adaption from the book not a remake of the movie. I'm defending it saying you guys are judging it and Johnny Depp based a a 45 second teaser which probably was put together at the last moment.

But that's my point: If it WAS put together at the last moment or not, then it's STILL not good. I'm not saying the movie itself is bad, or will be bad, or will be anything. I'm just saying that based on that trailer, which the makers of the movie chose to put out, that my interest (and evidently others as well) for this movie has decreased.

Going by what I have read about the movie, I was interested in it. But seeing what they chose to put out there for viewing, less so.

I'm not judging the movie based on it's trailer, i'm judging it based on what I know about it.  I knew I wanted to see it from the first time I heard about them making a direct adaption from the book not a remake of the movie.  I'm defending it saying you guys are judging it and Johnny Depp based a a 45 second teaser which probably was put together at the last moment.

I'm not judging the movie based on it's trailer, i'm judging it based on what I know about it.  I knew I wanted to see it from the first time I heard about them making a direct adaption from the book not a remake of the movie.  I'm defending it saying you guys are judging it and Johnny Depp based a a 45 second teaser which probably was put together at the last moment.

Actually, with the exception of one or maybe two people everyone specifically mentioned "the trailer". We're saying that the teaser sucks. If the final product is good, then it's good, but it doesn't change the fact that the teaser is garbage.

Teaser at Yahoo! Movies

So what do you think?

IMO, I think it has a shot at being a good movie, looks stylish and wacky....but that song just doesn't seem to fit.  As for Depp(who looks freakishly like Micheal Jackson), I'll have to see more.

Ugh, yes I disagree because I said you guys are either judging the movie or Johnny Depp's performance based on the teaser but I'm so sick of debating on this board. :angry:

EDIT: Just a funny thing..I like how you add the positive reviews in with a response from bigsheep when I was argueing in there to make it 7-2. Very nice. :rolleyes:

Edited by Pepsi