RIP Reggie White

Mick

Former NFL star Reggie White has died after suffering a massive heart attack Sunday morning at his home near Huntersville, N.C., ESPN's Chris Mortensen has learned.

The former Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles star turned 43 on Dec. 19.

"Today our beloved husband, father and friend passed away," White's wife, Sara, said through a family pastor. "His family appreciates your thoughts and prayers as we mourn the loss of Reggie White. We want to thank you in advance for honoring our privacy."

What a bad way to start the day. Even though he became famous playing for the team I despise the most (Eagles), he was always one of my favorite defensive players to watch. I know this probably doesn't help much, but at least he was able to spend one last Christmas with his family before passing on. RIP Reggie.

Guest JoeyMadDogg

If I have ever seen him play, I don't remember it. Just know through my dad that he was one of the greatest defensive linemen to ever grace the field. Today is a sad day in the world sports. I send my wishes to his family.

R.I.P.

I don't really know what to say, I've always hated the Packers and the Eagles, but Reggie White and Bret Farve are two of my favorite players of all-time. It's truely a sad day for football fans world wide.

I agree that he needs his place in Canton this year, but even if they don't his spot has been on reserve for years.

What a sucky year it has been for deaths. Considering the fact that White was easily one of the best defensive ends of all time, this is a sad day for the NFL. White was not only great, but showed class in spreading his beliefs and not being an egomaniac as players are today. He was a great talent and seemed to be a great guy in general.

R.I.P.