*Spoilers* 24 Season Finale Thoughts *Spoilers*

Fitzy

I was wondering what your thoughts on this finale was? I thought it was alright. Nothing special. It wasn't this blow away show that I was hoping for, but it was still a good one.

President Palmer stepping down was expected.

I don't like that Tony won't be back next season. I liked his character. Michelle, according to recent reports, might not be back either, which isn't major, but I liked her character. Only sensible female on the show.

Not a whole lot of pain was shown by Chase when he got his arm chopped off. Don't you think by getting your arm chopped off that you should be in tramendous pain? ANd also, from the time they made that cut and then moments later they were right in a hospital, under surgery already. Seemed way too fast.

But I liked the show.

Thoughts?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

Before I post my opinion, let me just say that Chase instantly passed out as the ax hit him and thats why he wasn't screaming.

Personnaly, I like the finale, it was a nice wrap-up to the season and it leaves everything open for a whole new story arc to begin. I have to say though, I'll miss Tony and Michelle. I was really expecting them to run away together. Finally, I enjoyed the ending, with Jack crying. It showed that through all his superhuman efforts, he is human after all.

Before I post my opinion, let me just say that Chase instantly passed out as the ax hit him and thats why he wasn't screaming.

He screamed, but it wasn't a whole lot. But I don't recall seeing him pass out. Maybe I just missed it. But I guess if that did happen, that would explain why he didn't show a whole lot of pain and scream a lot.

Guest Ringmaster

He screamed, but it wasn't a whole lot. But I don't recall seeing him pass out. Maybe I just missed it. But I guess if that did happen, that would explain why he didn't show a whole lot of pain and scream a lot.

Well, he let out a little scream and then his head hit the desk and you could see Jack wrap his hand really fast and Chase kinda slidding to the floor, so I'm assuming he passed out.

of cause he passed out, you clearly could see that :/

i liked the final, nice to see sutherland acting great in the last minutes, i needed that as an excuse for having to see Elisha tring to act (is that bitch ever horrible with everything elth than wearing bikinis)

i was shure that they bring palmer down for quiet a while, dident expect it to end it this silent (ann´s ex hustband was totaly forgoton)

They better bring ramon back, i am willing to hear anny silly excuse, we need Ramon Salazar~! back.

I can´t imagin Michell being of the show, she started dating Keifer Sutherland in the real world latly, i could imagin that that was more of a reason for tonie to go and i think now she will be on this show as long as they are together.

Chase still lives :angry: i hope he and Kim are of the show for the majorety of the next season, i just hate kim sinc the second half of season one and chase just was borin the hell out of me sinc he first apeared.

i still would have liked to have some more reasons from saunders, he was to much of the sterotype "i hate america" drok :(

Overall a good season even if they sadly started out quite chaotic (but sinc that half had Ramon i am tring to ignore the trillion fake viruses :D)

I thought it was the best one yet. Definately the most emotional and intense with Chase's arm being cut off and with Jack breaking down at the end of the show. I thought it was the best finale yet and I can't wait until January for Season 4.

The show was running along slowly until the second half, which absolutely rocked. Jack crying gives them so many different ways to go about next season, including Jack's growing apathy towards the CTU. Hopefully Tony leaving the show will put Jack back where he should be, head of CTU.

Not really. I only remember Mason, Jack, and Tony. And Mason's the only one that's dead.

I'm surprised that there was no thriller ending like the past couple seasons. I was waiting for Palmer to get sniped in the motorcade, or a car bomb in Jack's SUV. Something for the WTF at the end.

This is the best season yet, and the second half was better.

Not really.  I only remember Mason, Jack, and Tony.  And Mason's the only one that's dead.

The head of CTU in the first season died some episodes in, Mason started out as head of CTU in Season 2, DEAD, Shappel was head of CTU at the beginning of this season. Everyone that was head of CTU in the beginning of a season died in it.

Also Kim´s boyfrinds tend to loose bodyparts

66210_1_7a.jpg

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest Angry Baboon

Okay, I'm *obtaining* the episode now.

But curiosity has got the better of me.

Would anyone care to explain why the frigg Jack is hacking an axe into Chase's arm.

Guest raze0811

Okay, I'm *obtaining* the episode now.

But curiosity has got the better of me.

Would anyone care to explain why the frigg Jack is hacking an axe into Chase's arm.

Because Chase wisely decided that locking the bomb to his own wrist was a GOOD idea. Actually, I completely understand why he did it. You just have to see it.

And to address the general question, I thought it was a good finale. I think it lacked the OMG!!WTF!!!! that the seasons 1 and 2 finales had, but still a great episode. I too was expecting a car bomb in Jack's SUV. Don't know how they would have explained that in season 4 if Jack was back, but I really expected it.

The only thing that gets to me about 24 right now, is that the ORIGNAL bad guys, the ones from season 1 who originally hatched the plan to kill Palmer and tried again at the end of season 2, still have not been exposed. I really wish CTU would get to the bottom of THAT mystery.

And I also agree that I wish we could have gotten a little bit more of a look into Saunder's head about what exactly happened to turn him against America. The little bit of an explanation we were given seemed kinda weak.

The head of CTU in the first season died some episodes in, Mason started out as head of CTU in Season 2, DEAD, Shappel was head of CTU at the beginning of this season. Everyone that was head of CTU in the beginning of a season died in it.

Also Kim´s boyfrinds tend to loose bodyparts

66210_1_7a.jpg

Jack was the original head of CTU. He lost the position when they thought he was trying to assassinate Palmer or something. Mason took over from him, who promptly died halfway through season 2. Tony took over for Mason, but Michelle took over for Tony when he got shot. She realised that she'd rather be at Tony's side than run CTU and Chappelle took over. After Chappelle was killed, Tony took over again. When Tony committed treason, Jack took over. Technically, Jack is back where he should be. It'll be interesting to see what happens next season, considering Jack was technically under investigation for heroin use.

Jack was the original head of CTU. He lost the position when they thought he was trying to assassinate Palmer or something.

Thats wrong, season one started of with someone elth as head of CTU (Richard Walsh played by Michael O'Neill), he got shot in the second episode, than jack tock over and after that (in season one) came Mason.

You can see walsh doing his job as head of CTU about 12:30 (episode time, not 24 world real time) in the first episode.

Season 2 had Mason in the beginning and later Alberta Green took over i think.

Because Chase wisely decided that locking the bomb to his own wrist was a GOOD idea. Actually, I completely understand why he did it. You just have to see it.

And to address the general question, I thought it was a good finale. I think it lacked the OMG!!WTF!!!! that the seasons 1 and 2 finales had, but still a great episode. I too was expecting a car bomb in Jack's SUV. Don't know how they would have explained that in season 4 if Jack was back, but I really expected it.

The only thing that gets to me about 24 right now, is that the ORIGNAL bad guys, the ones from season 1 who originally hatched the plan to kill Palmer and tried again at the end of season 2, still have not been exposed. I really wish CTU would get to the bottom of THAT mystery.

And I also agree that I wish we could have gotten a little bit more of a look into Saunder's head about what exactly happened to turn him against America. The little bit of an explanation we were given seemed kinda weak.

The ones in season one were the Drazens and they got killed, In season 3 they said the guys who were trying to kill Palmer got arrested (The guys who were behind wanting America to go to war) I'm pretty much on the first episode of season 3 they said it.....

Edited by Baby Hewey

The ones in season one were the Drazens and they got killed, In season 3 they said the guys who were trying to kill Palmer got arrested (The guys who were behind wanting America to go to war) I'm pretty much on the first episode of season 3 they said it.....

That was said in the first episode of season 3 yeah, i always hated that clifhanger becaus it was just "there" i prevere a silent season ending like this one over a "OMFG we need a clifhanger" ending like in season 2.

i actually think the people who wanted to kill palmer in season 2 had nothing todo with the Oil/War storyline. Mandie still is the hotness !

Thats wrong, season one started of with someone elth as head of CTU (Richard Walsh played by Michael O'Neill), he got shot in the second episode, than jack tock over and after that (in season one) came Mason.

You can see walsh doing his job as head of CTU about 12:30 (episode time, not 24 world real time) in the first episode.

Season 2 had Mason in the beginning and later Alberta Green took over i think.

Dammit, now I wish I had picked up 24 season 1 on DVD today instead of Family Guy/Roswell. I actually do vaguely remember a meeting with CTU including someone Jack's superior, I guess it was Walsh. Was he an older guy?