2004's Top Movies! RESULTS

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25: The Bourne Supremacy - Enjoyed the first one, enjoy Brian Cox, Still haven't seen this one

24: Team America : World Police - I was always working and never got a chance to see this :(

23: Friday Night Lights - Just came out today and I want to buy it, but I can't really afford it right now

22: The Ladykillers - I thought this was a very fun movie and had some halarious parts

21: Walking Tall - I am proud to say I have never seen a Rock movie.

I fail to see what is so great about Team America. I mean I watched the movie, I was dragged to it by my friend who wanted to see it. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't like, "OMG THIS IS TEH GREATEST MOVIE I EVER SEEN~!!!!111!!!" It had it's funny moments, but it shouldn't be this high on the list. The Ladykillers, I thought was a fun movie too, I love how they all meet their untimely deaths. I haven't seen Bourne Supremacy yet, but I liked Bourne Identity and I too like Brian Cox. I haven't seen Friday Night Lights yet, but I want to. I'm sure Spider-Man 2 will find it's way into the top 10.

24: Team America : World Police
:angry: Let me guess, the entire top 10 is filled with sappy chick flicks.

No, actually that's crappy chick flicks. :shifty:

I GUARANTEE you The Butterfly Effect will be #1....and that sucks.

If only... my prediction is that we're gonna be stuck with Eternal Shitstain in the top spot.

Edited by Sullen Slacker

If only... my prediction is that we're gonna be stuck with Eternal Shitstain in the top spot.

I take it you didn't like Eternal Sunshine, Boulder? May I ask why?

Without spouting too much flamebait, I'll say that I thought it was artsy and pretentious, and there was no reason the dream sequence should've taken up so much of the movie. It seemed interminable. The characters got on my nerves to the point where I had almost no emotional investment in the plot.

I think Eternal Sunshine probly should be in the top 3 but Butterfly Effect, no. You can maybe watch that movie once. Twice if you want to see the alternate ending. Otherwise watching it again makes it seem like the movie drags on and on.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I wasn't trying to defend The Butterfly Effect. Bar none, the best movie of 2004 (to me) was Kill Bill, Volume 2. David Carradine put in one of my favorite film performances of all time.

I think Eternal Sunshine probly should be in the top 3 but Butterfly Effect, no. You can maybe watch that movie once. Twice if you want to see the alternate ending. Otherwise watching it again makes it seem like the movie drags on and on.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I wasn't trying to defend The Butterfly Effect. Bar none, the best movie of 2004 (to me) was Kill Bill, Volume 2. David Carradine put in one of my favorite film performances of all time.

The question is, where in the top 20 IS The Butterfly Effect?! :P

20: Hellboy

"A demon, raised from infancy after being conjured by and rescued from the Nazis, grows up to become a defender against the forces of darkness."

19: The Last Samurai

"An American military advisor embraces the Samurai culture he was hired to destroy after he is captured in battle."

Came out in England in January. I was one of a number of people who really enjoyed it. The Cruiser has been on top form the last few years...

18: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

"It's Harry's third year at Hogwarts; not only does he have a new "Defense Against the Dark Arts" teacher, but there is also trouble brewing. Convicted murderer Sirius Black has escaped the Wizards' Prison and is coming after Harry.

17: Super Size Me

"An irreverent look at obesity in America and one of its sources - fast food corporations."

Always good when someone says something against McDonalds...

16: Napoleon Dynamite

"An alienated teen decides to help his new friend win the class presidency in their small town high school, while he must deal with his bizarre family life back home."

So then with only 15 films to come, here's a taster of what's left...

Swords, ogres, heroes (super and otherwise), zombies, perms, more Cruise, laughs, tears and The Butterfly Effect...