2004's Top Movies! RESULTS

Here we all are again and I've come over all Jonathan Ross Film 2005. So without further ado, let's start the rundown of the top 50 movies of the year as voted for by you!

Plot outlines taken from imdb.com

50: Saw

"With a dead body laying between them, two men wake up in the secure lair of a serial killer who's been nicknamed "Jigsaw" by the police because of his unusual calling card."

49: I, Robot

"In the year 2035 a techno-phobic cop investigates a crime that may have been perpetrated by a robot, which leads to a larger threat to humanity."

48: The Day After Tomorrow

"A climatologist tries to figure out a way to save the world from abrupt global warming. He must get to his young son in New York, which is being taken over by a new ice age."

47: Alfie

"A cockney womanizer learns the hard way about the dangers of his actions."

What was wrong with the original is what I want to know...

46: Dogville

"A woman on the run from the mob is reluctantly accepted in a small Colorado town. In exchange she agrees to work for them. As a search visits town, she finds her their support has a price. Yet her dangerous secret is never far away..."

45: When The Last Sword Is Drawn

"Kanichiro Yoshimura is a samurai family man who can no longer feed his wife and children due to the low wages paid from his small town clan. Sadly, he packs up and leaves his loved ones behind so he may make a higher earning to support his family in the big city as he joins the large and renowned samurai faction, the Shinsen-gumi, where he will lead a difficult, but enriching life during one of the most tumultuous times in Japanese history."

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boyfriend made me read the original screenplay Alex Proyas wrote for I, Robot. Oh, it was and woulda been so much better. Extremly dark, in the same catagory as The Crow and Dark City only with robots. But I guess once Will Smith showed interest he was forced to re-write a lot of it to make it more a Will Smith vehicle. Such a waste. I, Robot, The Day After Tomorrow, and Alfie sucked. The Day After Tomorrow was awful, the first 30 minutes was a fun disaster movie flick but the last 2/3 was pure shit.

I liked SAW, I, Robot, and TDAT so I can't really give an unbias opinion on wether or not they deserve to be where they are, but oh well. Why can't people just post the entire list, it's not like it's that dramatic to post it in 5 thing incraments, but oh well. I hope this turns out well with King Arthur (a movie I just watched and for some reason, I love it) or Garden State near the top.

The reason I'm posting five at a time is that I don't have the time to organise 50 at once, I find it easier to get 10 minutes at a time to throw 5 together with a plot outline. It's not really for suspense, just the need.

Anyways...

44: OldBoy

"An average man is kidnapped and imprisoned in a hotel room for 15 years without explanation. He then is released, equipped with money, a cellphone and expensive clothes. As he strives to explain his imprisonment and get his revenge, he soon finds out that not only his kidnapper has still plans for him, but that those plans will serve as the even worse finale to 15 years of imprisonment."

And it's proper lush. This is one of my personal reccomendations.

43: 50 First Dates

"Adam Sandler plays a man who falls in love with Lucy (Drew Barrymore), a woman with short-term memory loss. Therefore, Lucy never remembers Sandler and this proves to be a pain for him as he always has to gain her back every day."

I'm watching this tonight so I'll see how good it is...

42: Baadasssss

(Otherwise known as "How To Get The Man's Foot Outta Your Ass")

"Mario Van Peebles's half documentary/half homage to his father Melvin's 1971 film, Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song."

41: After The Sunset

"The story of what happens after a master thief achieves his last big score, when the FBI agent who promised he'd capture him is about to do just that."

40: The Village

"The population of a small, isolated countryside village believe that their alliance with the mythical creatures that inhabit the forest around them, is coming to an end."

At least a couple of us liked it...