The Distillers.

K

I love their last two albums, tho I havent heard their first. If it is anything like their other two, tho, it will kick major ass.

As for Brody's hotness, I say she is, but everyone I know (including a friend who loves the Distillers) says she is ugly! Don't worry, tho, everyone who has said that I have kicked their ass....literally.....

Coral Fang, apart from The Hunger, just sounded like the same basic song re-hashed. I sold the album after a while, as it was just collecting dust.

No.fucking.way. Coral Fang sounds way different than any of their previous past-work. Everytime I listen to Sing Sing Death House and the Distillers it REEKS of Tim Armstrong.

A) The bass is far, far different. They dropped the Matt Freeman, "hit as many notes as possible" style and went for a more conventional and mainstream style of bass guitar.

B) On Coral Fang, the Distillers really work on creating atmosphere in their songs. The Hunger is the best example of this, as it creates and evokes such an emotion from their audience.

C) Brody tones down her raw-edge a bit on Coral Fang and exposes herself to the audience.

D) Coral Fang is a rock and roll album. Sing Sing Death House is a more punk orientated album.

Comparing their earlier work to their newer work is impossible. The only thing that sounds the same is Brody's voice, but even at times in Coral Fang it is easy to forget that it is the "Most Hated Woman In The World".

And back onto topic, the Distillers are a great band. Something fresh for the pseduo-mainstream. I'll take the Distillers over A LOT of the shit getting played on MTV and MuchMusic right now.

Coral Fang, apart from The Hunger, just sounded like the same basic song re-hashed. I sold the album after a while, as it was just collecting dust.

And back onto topic, the Distillers are a great band. Something fresh for the pseduo-mainstream. I'll take the Distillers over A LOT of the shit getting played on MTV and MuchMusic right now.

Yeah, I'd take them over a lot of the shit on MTV, but is that really saying much....no.

There are hundreds of better bands then the Distillers, and as I said, although I can see why people like them, most Nu-Grunge (which is probably the best way of describing the sound) bands aren't very good. Maybe it's because I like the old grunge bands, but meh, who knows?

And maybe it'd be better re-phrasing what I said...Coral Fang, apart from the Hunger (and Drain The Blood, which standard, is a good song), nothing else grabbed me whatsoever. Every other song just washed over me like the last.

Edited by rvdwannabe