Shaun of the Dead

Jason.

I haven't seen this movie yet...

To me it looked like it was going to great, but from some friends who've seen it, said it was stupid...

It's hard for you to tell me if I would like it...but I want to know what you guys thought, compare to some toher movies then I can decide whether or not I will like it...

Is it worth the $3 rental?

Is it worth the time?

Is it worth both?

Is it Worth neither?

Thanks for the help,

Jason_

I thought it was reasonable, if very over-rated. It had a couple of funny moments, but wasn't great at all. I gave it a 6/10. I went with 4 mates, and only one liked it (but he LOVED it), I think it has to be your kind of film. But for $3, you can't complain. Worth $3 sure.

I found it to be very funny. If you like comedy that is a little different from what you usually see, you'll enjoy it. Being a fan of Zombie movies wouldn't hurt either.

One of the best films of the year absolutely.

I heard some Americans had problems understanding it all though (Cornetto...) and there are in-jokes which are improved if you have knowledge of the series Spaced and of English culture.

However, unless the other movies you're comparing it to to decide what to watch are Zatoichi or Eternal Sunshine, then go for Shaun....I've re-watched it a number of times on DVD since...

If you want proper comedy then get it on DVD. I thought it had tonnes of comedy in and seems to be just another classic British comedy film with TONNES of extras on the DVD.

I thought it was the best film of 2004 but I still haven't seen ESOTSM, which seems to be the only challenger for SOTD. Overall one heck of a film :thumbsup:

it's a spoof on Dawn of the Dead

The only spoofing of Dawn Of The Dead is the name. The story is completely different, and they are only compared because they both involve zombies. Shawn of The Dead is a romantic comedy as it says itself, with zombies. It's not exactly a zombie film, which is maybe why some people were disappointed with it, since there aren't any real scares in it.

And I agree with Hamster, it's definently one of, if not the best films of the year in my opinion.

British Whose Line Is It Anyway? > American Whose Line Is It Anyway?

For the simple fact of Clive Anderson > Drew Carey

Pfft, I'm British and I prefer Drew over that garbage Anderson anyday.

Drew Carey is just...meh.

At least Anderson, although sometimes coming across as a self-loving prick, is hilarious when he gets it right.

At least Anderson, although sometimes coming across as a self-loving prick, is hilarious when he gets it right.

I just mark for Drew because of the Drew Carey show to be honest, I've never liked Anderson, he's not exactly the prime of British comedy and he annoys me more than he makes me laugh, but you are correct, when he does get it right, he really does.

I just mark for Drew because of the Drew Carey show to be honest, I've never liked Anderson, he's not exactly the prime of British comedy and he annoys me more than he makes me laugh, but you are correct, when he does get it right, he really does.

Yeah, he's nowhere near the prime of UK comedy.

My mates got Shaun Of The Dead on DVD....might have to watch it over the weekend.