World Wrestling Federation 01/02 Season

Benji

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it goes.

I've only read the last two shows because I'm lazy, but you had Kane turn on Undertaker, then Undertaker turns and joins Kane on SmackDown? Probably just me, but that seems illogical. Oh well.

I don't get the Test catch-phrase, nor like it. Whatever. I hope you're not pushing him towards to World Title. He's fucking horrible on the mic and ring. He only has a look, and it's not even a good look. There was others more worthy of a push. I guess if you're going for realism, than Test could be considered a worthy push receiver, but I don't like it.

Atleast you put the IC Title on Lynn. Even if Lynn is horrible on the stick, he's a god in the ring, and deserves the IC Title. Good work on that.

Yeah, that's all I can really comment on. Like I've said before, I don't know why this got pinned so early. I think you should have atleast posted a month's worth of shows before you got pinned, but whatever. Javert is nuts anyways.

Keep it up. I'll be checking in every now and then.

Guest MrBenjamin

Another great Smackdown!!...I never tought Taker was going to join Vince's Faction!!...Big surprise there...And The Rock's song was really cool lol.....The only thing I'm not liking about this diary is Kurt Angle.....I hope you give him a chance for the World Title....Or a feud with Jericho would be Awesome as well!!....Keep up the good work!!.... :thumbsup:

I never thought Taker would turn, I woulda liked to see him stand with HHH/Rock to fight McMahon/Kane/Austin, Since you need stronger faces. But it could help to get someone like Jericho as a main player now. Hopefully you don't turn Kurt Angle face anytime soon, He was much better as a heel :D

Another good show, my enjoyment of which was only very slightly marred by a few syntax errors and mistakes with the headings for some segments, plus the slightly odd way the first segment ran. Still, I got it all, and it's a great show nevertheless. Well done.

Politics working against Triple H? You're having me on, Benji, he's probably just losing overness on purpose so he can fade out of the main event scene for a while, and then come back with UNIMAGINABLE POLITICAL POWER!!! Or something.

RK!

Sunday Night HeAT 15-04-2001

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Kevin Kelly

The HeAT intro plays and so we are brought to the taped show, the arena is shown with fans as Haku’s music plays and he walks to the ring grunting.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Sunday Night HeAT is here in Philly, and tonight we’ve got one heck of a lineup!”

KEVIN KELLY: “That’s right, I’m Kevin Kelly alongside ‘The Coach’ and up later we have Albert in action, and Jerry Lynn told me earlier he would be looking to make his first title defence tonight!”

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Not only that but right now we have Funaki and Haku about to fight over Funaki’s interference in Haku’s match with Taka last week!”

SINGLES MATCH

Haku –VS– Funaki (W/ Taka Michinoku)

Kaientai came to the ring, Taka was dressed up in clothes mocking Haku, Funaki was laughing in his very cartoon-like way up until Haku came down and destroyed Taka. Funaki tried to make a run for it but Haku grabbed him and took him to the ring. Haku completely schooled Funaki with his savage moves. Funaki looked like he was going to get some kind of move in when he dropkicked Haku. Haku was down and slowly Funaki started to move over for a Camel Clutch until Haku grabbed him and locked on the Tongan Death Grip for a win.

WINNER: Haku via Tongan Death Grip Submission

RATING: 55% (58% Crowd / 62% Match)

Video Recap

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Haku picks up the win on HeAT, it looks like he’s satisfied with the result, especially after last week.”

KEVIN KELLY: “Right Coach, but one man who doesn’t seem to be very happy with results of his matches TWICE this week is Triple H, he has been on the resulting end of one backstabbing and was also injured during his match on Smackdown!, let’s take a look shall we…?”

Footage is shown of RAW, footage of Austin and Triple H hard tagging until finally Kane and Austin turned on their partners, Vince McMahon is seen on the ramp way.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “But like you said Kevin, that wasn’t the end of the treachery and Triple H’s bad week as we’ll see now.”

The Undertaker/HHH and Kane/Austin match is shown, The Rock refereeing it right down the middle until Triple H is injured. The footage shows Rock asking Undertaker if he wants to continue and the consequent beat down Rock received from the three competitors.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “I tell you what Kevin, despite the numbers game I wouldn’t want to be that Three Man Power Trip on RAW when Rock and Triple H are in the house!”

KEVIN KELLY: “That is if Rock and Triple H are on the same page, McMahon has been suggesting that both of them are set to join him, but is it all just hear’say or does McMahon have one, or even both, in his pocket?”

RATING: 90%

Gene Pool, Mark II

Backstage Steven Richards is walking and talking with Ivory.

STEVEN RICHARDS: “I have to agree Miss Ivory, it doesn’t seem right that you have to beat several other women for another rematch after your tremendous run as champion but-“

CRASH HOLLY: “Hey! You!”

Steven and Ivory turn around to see Crash marching in his usual peculiar manner, he points at Steven.

STEVEN RICHARDS: “Can I help you?”

CRASH HOLLY: “You’re darn right you can! I want a match with you!”

STEVEN RICHARDS: “And why is that my all-round challenged friend?”

CRASH HOLLY: “Because I want to show you what the Holly gene pool is really like! Hardcore was too busy occupied over what that b***h said to Molly!”

Steven and Ivory look appaled, Steven points a finger at Crash.

STEVEN RICHARDS: “Now listen here sir! I’ll let to insult us, I’ll let you fight us, but I certainly won’t stand for that kind of language! I will see you in the ring tonight, and what’s more I may have to go against my will to perform extremely violent acts on you!”

Crash smiles a little.

CRASH HOLLY: “You do that Stevie…”

Crash turns around and virtually waddles off.

STEVEN RICHARDS: “That’s Mr Richards to you!”

Steven shakes his head in disgust, he and Ivory continue.

KEVIN KELLY: “That’s up later, but after the break we have Albert in singles action! Don’t change the station!”

RATING: 74%

Advert

SINGLES MATCH

Albert (W/ Rick Constantine) –VS– Doug Basham

The unknown Basham looked ready for a fight as Albert came down to the ring being shouted at by Constantine who was trying to pump him up. This was just used to get Albert over as a force to be reckoned with, he decimated Basham with minimal effort for the academic three count. Post-Match Albert delivered a huge choke bomb as Constantine commanded him.

WINNER: Albert via Pinfall

RATING: 53% (40% Crowd / 66% Match)

Paying For Your Sin(ners)

Farooq and Bradshaw are in their office, Bradshaw is sleeping in a nearby hammock as Farooq watches something on television, a change from their usual setup.

RAVEN: “Ah sloth, I knew you would give in.”

Raven comes walking into the picture backed up by Billy Gunn, who carries a briefcase, Farooq looks up and then back to the television, Raven steps in front of the TV, Farooq sighs and looks back up.

FAROOQ: “I don’t know what your problem is boy, but we’re sick of your games, let us be or we’ll be making sure you DON’T run off next time we face off.”

RAVEN: “You misunderstand me, I am here on business, I have a proposition. Myself and William here will be taking on The Hardy Boyz on RAW, and we would like assurance of a victory, I am willing to offer an… uhm… acceptable sum.”

Raven grabs the briefcase from Billy and opens it up, Farooq wipes the side of his mouth as it waters at the sum in the briefcase. Bradshaw sits up in his hammock and rolls off, he walks over to Raven and stares him in the eye.

BRADSHAW: “Boy, I don’t know what you’re problem is, but the only business we got with you in that ring is against you, it’s Farooq and Bradshaw, one plus one, no need for any extras.”

Raven intakes a large breath and closes the briefcase, he hands it back to Billy and nods his head once.

RAVEN: “I believed this would not be the way, apparently greed is not your sin, it is mine however, and my greed will be fulfilled, I assure you this is not over…”

Raven starts walking off as Farooq stands up to look at Bradshaw.

FAROOQ: “The hell? Did you see how much money that whacko was offering for ONE night?!”

BRADSHAW: “Yeah, I saw, but we ain’t going to sell out our principals, that guy is no employer I want to work under, no matter the money he pays, and we agreed at the start, it’s one and one, me and you, if you want out tell me now…”

Farooq shuts his eyes a moment and looks up at his team mate.

FAROOQ: “I’m an Acolyte, I sell my services… but only as the Acolytes…”

Bradshaw smiles and pats his partner on the back as they return to their original positions.

KEVIN KELLY: “Well, it seems that Raven is still intent on getting Farooq and Bradshaw to do his bidding, but they certainly want no part of him!”

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Would you Kevin? Raven is a genius but he’s also a very troubled mind, I don’t think you could trust him at any given moment!”

RATING: 69%

SINGLES MATCH

Crash Holly –VS– Steven Richards (W/ Ivory)

Crash and Steven worked extremely well together, the match started with Crash gaining control after a series of lockups and separations, Crash managed a few Suplexes until Ivory made herself known, Crash tried to Suplex Steven over the ropes but Ivory tripped him and Steven managed a DDT out of nowhere.

With the advantage gained Steven looked like he was going to take the win, but Crash had other ideas as he reversed a missed Steven Kick into a leg whip, sending Steven into the corner and resulting in Crash hitting his “Crash Course” for the win.

WINNER: Crash Holly via Pinfall

RATING: 68% (64% Crowd / 73% Match)

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Don’t go away, after the break Jerry Lynn has promised a very special surprise!”

Advert

The First Defence

”Keep Away” by Godsmack hits the speakers and out walks Jerry Lynn modelling his WWF Intercontinental title, he plays up to the crowd acting like they love him when he is being booed. He climbs into the ring and grabs a mic.

JERRY LYNN: “Cut the music! I’ve got something to get off my chest. You see, since I won this title I’ve been looking for a challenger, but it seems that no-one wants to face me except Chris. So I’ve decided to keep it simple, tonight I will give Chris his match, and if he wins, he gets the title! So get on out here…”

After a moments pause the Jericho countdown begins, the crowd chants along and as the final number goes and the “whoosh” sound dies down the sound stops and out walks someone other than Jericho.

JERRY LYNN: “Ladies and gentlemen, making his way to the ring, tonight’s challenger is Chris Collyer!”

Collyer climbs into the ring and Lynn jumps on him as the bell rings.

RATING: 56%

SINGLES MATCH FOR THE WWF INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE

Jerry Lynn –VS– Chris Collyer

Lynn’s attack beforehand gave him the big upper hand in this match, but make no mistake, this was by no means a showcase of Lynn only, Collyer was actually given a chance to shine as the match was pretty even for the short time it lasted. Lynn was shocked at how well Collyer was fighting and then began to grin before grabbing him for the Cradle Piledriver and a win.

WINNER: Jerry Lynn via Pinfall

RATING: 66% (51% Crowd / 82% Match)

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “As Jerry Lynn celebrates his win, let us remind you that RAW tomorrow will be one heck of a blockbuster! The Rock and Triple H in attendance and Jim Ross returns to his announcer table! Don’t miss it!”

The last shot of the show is Lynn celebrating with the title.

POST-SHOW NOTES

- OVW talents Chris (Better known as Chad) Collyer and Doug Basham made an appearance on HeAT facing Jerry Lynn and Albert respectively, they were not promoted to the full roster, it is merely an attempt by the company to give lower level talent a chance to show their skills to management, this will apparently continue in the upcoming weeks as even unsigned talent may get a chance

- After tonight’s show HeAT will have twelve remaining weeks on contract, it does not appear that the WWF wants to pick up the contract, it seems they cannot decide what to do with the show and would rather not have an entire show represented as the ‘Jobber’ show

- Kaientai debuted “Comedy Character” gimmicks, their tweener status resulted in a negative response

- Crash Holly looked strong in both his appearances tonight and suggested he get more of a programme in future

- Jerry Lynn and the Intercontinental title looked weak during the show

- We got a 52% approval rating

awesome diary dude just started reading it looking forward to reading more!

Cheers.

Here it goes.

I've only read the last two shows because I'm lazy, but you had Kane turn on Undertaker, then Undertaker turns and joins Kane on SmackDown? Probably just me, but that seems illogical. Oh well.

I don't get the Test catch-phrase, nor like it. Whatever. I hope you're not pushing him towards to World Title. He's fucking horrible on the mic and ring. He only has a look, and it's not even a good look. There was others more worthy of a push. I guess if you're going for realism, than Test could be considered a worthy push receiver, but I don't like it.

Atleast you put the IC Title on Lynn. Even if Lynn is horrible on the stick, he's a god in the ring, and deserves the IC Title. Good work on that.

Yeah, that's all I can really comment on. Like I've said before, I don't know why this got pinned so early. I think you should have atleast posted a month's worth of shows before you got pinned, but whatever. Javert is nuts anyways.

Keep it up. I'll be checking in every now and then.

The Test catchphrase isn't permanent, it was basically just me messing about with him, you think he's getting World title pushes with phrases like that? :shifty:

Lynn as champ is what I love, even if he can't talk, Javert may be nuts, but he's a mad genius :thumbsup:

Another great Smackdown!!...I never tought Taker was going to join Vince's Faction!!...Big surprise there...And The Rock's song was really cool lol.....The only thing I'm not liking about this diary is Kurt Angle.....I hope you give him a chance for the World Title....Or a feud with Jericho would be Awesome as well!!....Keep up the good work!!.... :thumbsup:

I wasn't sure about The Rock's song, I don't think it flowed as well as it could, but the segment was a strange one that I felt worked in the end.

kind of weird that this diary got UN-PINNED after it's best show.

I hope that HHH/Rock gain another member of their group to help fight Vince's.

Maybe Angle steps up as a main-event face?

I requested it be unpinned because I don't think it (yet) deserves it.

I never thought Taker would turn, I woulda liked to see him stand with HHH/Rock to fight McMahon/Kane/Austin, Since you need stronger faces. But it could help to get someone like Jericho as a main player now. Hopefully you don't turn Kurt Angle face anytime soon, He was much better as a heel :D

We'll see eh? As everyone knows I do plan to push Jericho, everyone knows I'm a total mark for him anyway so it's hardly a secret. It's simply a matter of capitalising on the right time.

Another good show, my enjoyment of which was only very slightly marred by a few syntax errors and mistakes with the headings for some segments, plus the slightly odd way the first segment ran. Still, I got it all, and it's a great show nevertheless. Well done.

Politics working against Triple H? You're having me on, Benji, he's probably just losing overness on purpose so he can fade out of the main event scene for a while, and then come back with UNIMAGINABLE POLITICAL POWER!!! Or something.

RK!

This is what I get for not properly proof reading, totally my bad, but oh well eh?

Sorry for the lack of update, I just really don't like writing 'B' Shows and lost interest for a while. I'm thinking of cutting the format for it, tell me what you guys think, the results are good to look at but would you rather on concentrated on the 'Big' shows seeing as HeAT will be leaving your screens soon? Cheers for the feedback, check back for RAW soon ^_^

• 9 months later...