World Wrestling Federation 01/02 Season

Benji

<center>A ROAD LESS TRAVELLED...

Finally, the world was about to see what Vincent Kennedy McMahon had planned all along, since the day he knew the word wrestling it was his dream to be number one.

Crushed, like so many promotions before it, World Championship Wrestling had reached its demise before WrestleMania X-7 and Vince had made it a well known fact that he was responsible. Only months before he had removed Paul Heyman and Extreme Championship Wrestling… well that isn’t true, Paul E. had killed ECW in the end and then did what so many of his stars had done before, he jumped ship to the WWF.

user posted imageuser posted image

McMahon owns the industry, Vince McMahon owns the invasion...

The greatest WrestleMania of all time had passed the night before, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin had turned heel in one of the most shocking moves in pro wrestling where he beat The Rock for the WWF World championship with the help of sworn enemy - Vince McMahon. Some fans cheered, more than those booed, whatever the fans did, this may have been Vince’s biggest mistake or smartest move. With WCW gone he needed no-one to lead the Attitude style revolution over the company which had been kneeling with its neck on the chopping block for so long, and so he turned Austin.

user posted image

The First Beer Of a New Era

With so much going on is it any surprise that Post-WrestleMania X-7 was considered the potentially hottest in the companies’ storied history? Behold as the 2001/2002 season of wrestling begins, the Road to WrestleMania X-7 is over...

user posted image

The road to X-8 begins here, April the 2nd 2001...</center>

Edited by Benji O' Doom~!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAW is WAR 02-04-2001

Ft. Worth, Texas

Announcers: Jim Ross and Paul Heyman

Recap

Highlights of last night are shown set to “My Way” by Limp Bizkit, especially Vince McMahon aligning with Steve Austin and the champions.

RATING: 87%

Commentary

The crowd is alive as the RAW intro finishes and the camera pans out to show a packed arena before going to the announce table.

JIM ROSS: “Ladies and gentleman, welcome to RAW is WAR, here from Fort Worth, Texas. I’m Jim Ross along with my broadcast colleague Paul Heyman. I’ve got to say Paul; I have been contemplating what I saw at WrestleMania 17 all night, and I still can’t believe it.”

PAUL HEYMAN: “Well believe it JR, Vince McMahon has “The Rattlesnake” under control. I’ve never been as excited to watch a WWF programme as I am tonight, Mr. McMahon is finally invincible now that his sworn enemy is with him.”

JIM ROSS: “Well it’s one heck of an unholy alliance, I wonder how long it can last with…”

“No Chance” hit’s and out walks Vince with his usual swagger to the ring and a huge smile on his face.

PAUL HEYMAN: “Here comes ‘The Devil Himself’ JR, how about you walk up and say it to that great mans face?”

Hell on Earth

Vince grabs a microphone. He leans on the ropes towards Jim Ross and Paul Heyman on the announce table.

VINCE MCMAHON: “A lot of things happened at that spectacle last night, all but my dear daughter betrayed me, and I will get to those people later on, but one thing affected me more than anything. ’The Devil Himself’? That was what I was called last night. After all these years and all I’ve given you, I am suddenly ‘The Devil’ Jim?”

Vince shakes his head and climbs out the ring, he keeps talking as he leans over the table talking to JR.

VINCE MCMAHON: “Well JR, you know what?”

Vince leans closer to JR’s ear but keeps his microphone close.

VINCE MCMAHON: “You’ve never been more right…”

McMahon laughs to himself and climbs in the ring again.

VINCE MCMAHON: “You see, Steve Austin is your hero, your God if you will, he made a pact with his immortal enemy, Vincent Kennedy McMahon… the devil. It seems that Steve is not here at the moment, but when he is, I promise that anyone who crosses the World Wrestling Federation Chairman or his champion… their will be HELL ON EARTH… for those individuals.”

“If Ya’ Smell…” The Rock’s music hits and every single person in the arena is on their feet cheering for the former World champion, there is not a seated person in view as The Rock stands on the stage with a microphone in hand.

VINCE MCMAHON: “What the hell are you doing here? You have your match now get the hell out o-”

THE ROCK: “What?”

”What?” the crowd chants along as Vince is infuriated.

VINCE MCMAHON: “I said-“

THE ROCK: “What?”

”What?” the crowd chants along again.

THE ROCK: “What? (What?) What? (What?) the hell are you doing in my ring Vince? (What?) The Rock has business tonight, The Rock will have fun tonight, but Vince, your little plaything doesn’t want to play nice. Oh no-no-no-no-nooo, The Rock thinks that ‘Stone Cold’ might be getting in with a bad crowd, so he’s out here tonight to make a simple request. (What?) The Rock wants to make sure that tonight, Vince McMahon does not get his nose involved where it isn’t required…”

VINCE MCMAHON: “Now hold on one damn minute (What?), it WAS and IS required to be my business, this is my company and I require a World champion who will listen (What?).“

THE ROCK: “What’s (What?) that Vince? Listen? The Rock’ll listen Vince (What?), The Rock’ll listen to what you say, then The Rock’ll record it and re-listen, and he’ll listen again until it hits home, and then you know what The Rock’ll do Vince? (What?) He’ll shine up his recorder, shine it up real good, then The Rock’ll turn it sideways, and then Vince… HE’LL SHOVE IT STRAIGHT UP – YOUR CANDY ASS!”

The crowd chanting along to the last bit give a humongous cheer for The Rock as he finishes. Vince looks furious.

THE ROCK: “Now The Rock will finish his request if you will (What?)…”

Vince scowls but he gestures for Rock to shoot.

THE ROCK: “The Rock thanks you, (What?) The People’s Champion would like to ask, (What?) if the devil would be so kind, to give The People a cage match stipulation… (What?).”

The arena is on it’s feet with cheers, Vince laughs.

VINCE MCMAHON: “Well Rock (What?), I might have considered it (What?), but it seems some damn fool has inserted a sound recording device so far up the corporate ass, that my brain is a little off (What?), so remind “The Devil” what your price is? (What?)Because I can’t think of one damn thing I owe you OR these ugly looking sumb*tches out here!”

Heat for Vince’s comments, “Ass-hole” chant begins, The Rock gestures for the crowd to be quiet so he can talk.

THE ROCK: “The Rock suspected you might say that, so he bought you a little gift.”

Rock begins walking to the ring as he searches in his pocket.

THE ROCK: “Now it’s nothing too fancy, it’s just something The Rock found earlier that he thinks Vince might need.”

The Rock is in the ring by now, he pulls his hand out his pocket to reveal a tiny plastic toy boot.

VINCE MCMAHON: “What the hell is this?”

THE ROCK: “Vince, Vince, hold on, you don’t know how to use it, let me show you.”

The Rock smiles at Vince, the penny drops but it’s too late as the crowd cheers for Rock beating on McMahon with his punches, he keeps McMahon grounded and locks the sharpshooter on demanding that Vince give him his stipulation, Vince screams “Yes” but The Rock pretends not to hear, Vince grabs the nearby mic and screams “Yes”. The Rock finally lets go and celebrates as Vince writhes in agony on the mat.

RATING: 93%

Advert

Commentary

JIM ROSS: “Welcome back folks, before the break we got an amazing stipulation for our main event tonight, it’ll be the World title on the line, a rematch in a STEEL CAGE!”

PAUL HEYMAN: “Shut up JR, people are more concerned with Mr. McMahon than some stupid title match, WHICH our corporate champion, “Stone Cold” will win by the way. Let me tell you that Mr. McMahon is okay, he’s just a little hurt but his ego will soon be rebuilt when The Rock is delivered on a silver platter to him by the World champion tonight!”

JIM ROSS: “Oh give me a break…”

SINGLES MATCH FOR THE WWF EUROPEAN TITLE

Eddie Guerrero© (W/ Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn and Terri) –VS– Test

The match started off with Eddie dominant as Test was distracted by Eddie’s accompaniments. Test managed to gain the upper hand when Eddie went for a flying cross body; he instead got a gut full of knee as Test kneeled in place.

Test kept dominance but after delivering a vicious power bomb Perry and Terri distracted the ref long enough for Test to be hit with a chair by Malenko and Eddie gained the cheap pin.

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero via Pin Fall to retain the WWF European title

RATING: 71% (73% Crowd / 67% Match)

Revenge

The Radicalz celebrate in the ring as Test slowly gets to his feet, a realisation of what just happened slowly hits him.

JIM ROSS: “Test gave it his all but the numbers were just too much for him tonight and-”

Jim shouts out a sound of wincing as Test attacks The Radicalz, he hit’s Eddie with a Big Boot which sends him, and Perry Saturn, over the ropes, Terri checks on Perry as Dean is left alone in the ring.

PAUL HEYMAN: “Oh I don’t like this…”

JIM ROSS: “Test’s getting revenge here, the man deserved a fair rematch after last night, that’s twice he got screwed!”

Test picks up Malenko and delivers a huge boot to the face, he goes to grab a chair but the rest of The Radicalz help him hightail before he gets back in.

PAUL HEYMAN: “See JR? That’s what you get from unity!”

Test throws the chair at them in rage, it misses by a mile, he kicks the ring post and begins to leave himself until the scene goes backstage.

RATING: 59%

Unholy Alliance

Triple H is at a drinks machine getting out some water, the machine doesn’t give him anything, he gets angry and is ready to punch it until Vince coughs behind him. Hunter slowly turns round to face his father-in-law.

TRIPLE H: “What? (What?)”

VINCE MCMAHON: “Hunter, I’d just like to apologise (What?).”

TRIPLE H: “I should damned think so Vince, what the hell were you thinking teaming with that scum Austin?”

VINCE MCMAHON: “Hold on a damn second! (What?) Don’t you call him scum, (What?) YOU were the one who helped run him down remember?! (What?) I’ve come here hoping you can forgive and forget, (What?) Steve has agreed to, that was one condition, (What?) but I would like you to be with us, I’ve decided to make you a, uh (What?) , 'lumberjack' for tonight, just think about it Hunter…”

Vince walks off smiling as Triple H turns back round to the water machine, he punches the glass in anger, a bundle of water falls out from the machine, he grabs one and stands pondering.

RATING: 92%

Advert

SINGLES MATCH FOR THE WWF WOMEN’S TITLE

Chyna© –VS– Ivory (W/ Steven Richards)

Chyna was pure dominance in this match, Steven tried to get involved but Chyna pulled him in the ring and showed his white thong to the world. Chyna got an easy win with a vicious DDT.

WINNER: Chyna via Pin Fall to retain the WWF Women’s title

RATING: 53% (64% Crowd / 29% Match)

Interview with Austin

Backstage a door opens, Steve Austin walks through, title over his shoulder and Debra closely following behind, Michael Cole comes running up to Austin.

MICHAEL COLE: “’Stone Cold’, could I get an interv-”

Austin shoves Cole away and keeps on walking, Debra helps Cole up.

MICHAEL COLE: “Thank you Mrs. Austin, I was wondering…”

DEBRA: “No offence Michael, but any questions will be answered on Smackdown!, Steve has agreed to an in-ring interview, now if you don’t mind…”

Debra walks off as the scene switches back to the ring.

RATING: 71%

Commentary

JIM ROSS: “Well it looks like we’ll get some answers next week, I’ll be asking ‘The Rattlesnake’ the questions, and be sure fans that I’m not going to steer clear of the real questions.”

PAUL HEYMAN: “I’m sure as your ’best friend’ JR, Austin will answer all your questions honestly and you’ll realise that what he did was the best move of his career.”

JIM ROSS: “I doubt that, but up next Raven will get a chance to get the Hardcore title back from the Big Red Machine; Kane!”

HARDCORE MATCH FOR THE WWF HARDCORE TITLE

Kane© –VS– Raven

Kane was very impressive, but Raven also surprised his opponent, Raven used the weapons under the ring to a huge advantage even hitting Kane with a spare steel ring post.

Raven managed to pick up the shock victory with a reversal of a Chokeslam into an Evenflow DDT before high-tailing it.

WINNER: Raven beat Kane via Pin Fall to become the NEW WWF Hardcore champion

RATING: 76% (79% Crowd / 71% Match)

Advert

Denied Entry

Trish Stratus gets out of her car and walks towards the entrance of the arena, she tips her hat to the security until they get in her way.

SECURITY: “Sorry ma’am, this entrance is employees only.”

TRISH STRATUS: “What the heck are you talking about? I’m Trish Stratus! I’m the hottest woman in the WWF!”

Vince walks up behind her, much like he did Triple H earlier in the night.

VINCE MCMAHON: “You heard the man, employees only, didn’t you get the message? YOU’RE FIRED!”

McMahon laughs to himself.

VINCE MCMAHON: “Oh and uh, don’t try the back entrance either, despite how much I know you enjoy back entry the security is tight there! Go run off to Shane, I’m sure he’d appreciate your, uh, talents…”

McMahon walks off, laughing to himself again as Trish stands there looking shocked.

RATING: 90%

TAG TEAM MATCH FOR THE WWF TAG TEAM TITLES

Edge & Christian© –VS– The Dudley Boyz (W/ Spike Dudley)

The match started with Christian and D-Von, D-Von held the match for a while until Christian reversed a Suplex attempt into one of his own, he tagged in Edge and they double teamed D-Von, D-Von struggled against Edge and Christian as they didn’t allow him chance to tag in Bubba while keeping themselves fresh by frequent tagging.

Edge went for the spear but missed, when he turned around he got a huge clothesline, D-Von desperately tried to make the tag as did Edge. They both made it and Christian charged Bubba, but the bigger Dudley was a house on fire!

Bubba finally went for the Bubba Bomb but after he hit it Rhyno entered the ring and Gored him as an all out brawl broke out, giving the Dudleyz the DQ win.

WINNER: Dudley Boyz win by DQ, Edge & Christian retain the WWF Tag Team titles

RATING: 76% (80% Crowd / 69% Match)

Commentary

The Rock and Austin are seen backstage warming up.

JIM ROSS: “That was an awesome match and we have one more to go… Rock… Austin… Steel Cage… NEXT!”

Advert

STEEL CAGE MATCH FOR THE WWF WORLD TITLE

“Stone Cold” Steve Austin© –VS– The Rock

Austin attacked before the match had started to gain the advantage, he kept the advantage by using cheap tactics like choking on the ropes and open turnbuckle covers. The Rock managed to turn the tables when Austin tried to clothesline him in the corner, he went for the Rock Bottom, Austin elbowed out but Rock managed to get his punches in.

The Rock managed to keep his cool and used Austin’s own tactics against him, multiple times he tried to escape but saw Austin getting up, finally he thought he was free but with a last gasp of energy Austin knocked him off by shoving the structure.

Vince made his way to ringside and tried to open the cage door as the referees struggle with him, he demanded the key and threatened firings if they didn’t obey. Vince fumbled the key and dropped, as he searched for it, Rock slowly got to his feet.

The Rock Irish whipped Austin and hit a spinebuster to “The Rattlesnake”, The Rock prepared and hits the Peoples Elbow and went for the cover but Vince hit the referee with a steel chair. The Rock stares a hole through Vince who gave a look of terror, Vince attempted to escape, but Rock grabbed him and hit the Rock Bottom, sending Vince crashing to the mat.

Out of nowhere Triple ran to ringside. Triple H tried to climb into the ring with a sledgehammer but the referees tried to stop him. The Rock tried to pin Austin but then realised the referee was still down. Finally Triple H got in the ring, it was him and The Rock, face to face, sledgehammer in hand Triple H looked about ready to hit The Rock. Austin sent HHH a wry smile, Hunter smiled at him, Hunter turned to The Rock, who also smiled before they turned and laid out Austin!

Triple H awoke the referee as he slid out of the ring. The referee slowly counted a pin but before the three the thirty minutes timer goes up! The Rock is evidently in agony as the show goes off the air!

WINNER: Time limit draw, Steve Austin retains the WWF World title

RATING: 94% (100% Crowd / 82% Match)

POST-SHOW NOTES

- All the titles on the line tonight seem to have earned a little more prestige with their defences

- Ivory failed to sell properly in her match with Chyna

- Raven seemed to gain from his victory over Kane, despite running away

- The crowd was going wild for Triple H’s turn, his “Franchise Player” gimmick may not work as a heel, however

- We got a 79% approval rating,

- RAW is WAR got a 7.28 rating

OOC: I hope you liked it, I certainly enjoyed writing it, at times I feel it jumps a little, but I'm sure I'll fix that as I go along. As you see I decided to give The Rock the “What?” chant over Austin, it just seemed appropriate to the segment ^_^

The diary I've been waiting for. I am mainly interested in seeing how one of your diaries will play out because I like you so much elsewhere. This was a great time to take the reigns, and from the look of things you are off to an alright start.

I will be checking in on this from time to time, and I really enjoyed the sigs used to hype this thing. :)

Good first show, I think some of the interviews could be a bit longer but that's just me. I like HHH going face, But it seemed a little too soon for the turn. It's gonna be interesting to see how you handle the Stephanie/HHH relationship now since he turned on Vince and Austin. Looking forward to Smackdown :D

Smackdown! 05-04-2001

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Announcers: Michael Cole and Tazz

Commentary

The Smackdown! intro plays and the scene goes to the arena, Michael Cole and Tazz stand by.

MICHAEL COLE: “Smackdown! is here in the Marriott Convention Centre, in Good Ol’ JR’s home state of Oklahoma! Tonight JR will be interviewing ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and asking the questions on everybodies lips!”

TAZZ: “Straight up Cole that’s going to be one hot interview, and our first match tonight is going to be for number one contendership for the WWF Tag Team titles as The Hardyz take on X-Factor!”

MICHAEL COLE: “You can be sure Albert is going to make his presence felt there Tazz.”

TAZZ: “No doubt about it Cole…”

”5…4…3…2” Chris Jericho’s countdown begins and the ‘Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah’ enters the stage to a chorus of cheers.

Fresh Face

Jericho walks down the ramp, he salutes to the crowd with his usual taunt, he holds up the Intercontinental title and he climbs into the ring and grabs a microphone.

CHRIS JERICHO: “Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, I give you the STILL WWF Intercontinental champion… your Intercontinental champion… Y-2-J; CHRIS JERICHO!”

The crowd pops, a “Y-2-J” chant starts up.

CHRIS JERICHO: “You know, since WrestleMania I’ve been relaxing, preparing, and I’ve been thinking who I want to face first on the Road to WrestleMania 18, but I’ve struggled to choose, that’s why I am placing an open challenge tonight, the first person out tonight will get a title shot against me in the MAIN EVENT of tonight’s show. Now get the hell out here!”

The crowd is silent until a man walks out onto the ramp, he has no music but he has a familiar face.

TAZZ: “My God Cole, do you know who that is? That’s Jerry Lynn! The Real F’N Show!”

CHRIS JERICHO: “Whoa, wait a minute here, this is a blast from the past, Jerry Lynn. I seem to be getting dejá vu here! I seem to recall my WCW debut was against you Jerry.”

JERRY LYNN: “Damn straight Jericho, back when I was known as Mr. JL, you kicked my ass if I recall?”

Jericho laughs and smiles a proud smile.

CHRIS JERICHO: “Heh, yeah, those were good times.”

JERRY LYNN: “Well I believe I owe you one sore ass!”

Lynn storms down to the ring as Jericho prepares, he attacks JL as he tries to climb in but Jerry fights back. Lynn keeps control before hitting a Cradle Piledriver on Jericho onto the title! The crowd boo’s furiously as Lynn taunts over Jericho with the title.

RATING: 72%

Commentary

MICHAEL COLE: “Well Tazz, I’ve got to say if the main event goes anything like that then Jericho is in for one rough night!”

TAZZ: “It’s going to be one hell of a match that’s for sure!

No Second Rematch

In Commissioner Regal’s office he sits doing paperwork when Test walks in, Regal looks up.

WILLIAM REGAL: “Test, good fellow, I see you’ve recovered from WrestleMania and RAW, now what can I do for you?”

TEST: “Here’s the deal, Guerrero has screwed with me twice now and I’m just getting sick and tired of it quite frankly. I know it’s a bit of a stretch but I was wondering if you could give me another rematch, you know, give some kind of punishment to anyone who interferes just to make sure?”

WILLIAM REGAL: “I apologise in advance, but I can’t simply allow such a thing, you knew what kind of people Eduardo and his companions are, you should have done something about it beforehand.”

TEST: “But I-“

WILLIAM REGAL: “Look Test, I am sorry, but there are people who are of superior status to you in the win/loss columns that are more deserving of a shot. Now if you don’t mind, I’m a busy man…”

Regal goes back to his paperwork but Test stays, Regal looks up and cocks an eyebrow.

WILLIAM REGAL: “Are you still here?“

TEST: “Apparently.“

WILLIAM REGAL: “Don’t get cocky with me young man, now get out before I call security to throw you out of the building!“

TEST: “Look, Will, just give me a chance, give me a contenders match tonight? I’ll make this my last request for a while, I swear.“

Regal sighs, he takes a sip of water and looks up at Test.

WILLIAM REGAL: “Okay, I tell you what, you’ll take on the Tag Team champions tonight, if you can beat them both in one match with the partner of my choosing, you get the title shot.”

TEST: “Thanks man.”

Test offers a handshake but Regal just looks at him gone off, Test shrugs and walks out as Regal looks back down at his paperwork.

WILLIAM REGAL: “Bloody buffoon…”

RATING: 77%

Advert

TAG TEAM MATCH FOR WWF TAG TEAM TITLE CONTENDERSHIP

The Hardy Boyz (W/ Lita) –VS– X-Factor (W/ Albert)

The match was very back and forth, The Hardyz chemistry as brothers allowing them dominance while X-Factor’s dirty tactics worked for them. Matt and Jeff went for their dual leg drops move on X-Pac, but Justin super kicked Jeff away and knocked Matt down.

Later on Justin was down after a Twist of Fate, Jeff was tagged in but as he climbed the ropes, X-Pac distracted the referee while Albert pulled Jeff off the ropes and hit the Baldo Bomb on him, allowing Justin to crawl over and get the win as X-Pac kept Matt away.

WINNER: X-Factor via Pin Fall

RATING: 76% (76% Crowd / 77% Match)

Commentary

X-Factor celebrate briefly in the ring as their music plays. The picture is shown of the commentary table.

MICHAEL COLE: “An impressive victory over the more experienced and more acclaimed Hardy Boyz there for X-Factor, but I have to question the methods.”

TAZZ: “You gotta’ do anything for the win Cole, whether that means using friends to gain an advantage or whatever.”

The Night Off

The picture goes straight backstage where Triple H is waiting at the parking lot, a limo drives up with “Rock1” on the front, Triple H smiles, but his face turns sour when Vince and Austin step out, the crowd boo’s beyond belief.

TRIPLE H: “What the hell? Why are you two The Rocks car?”

Vince smiles and shakes his head, Austin stands beside him, just staring at Triple H.

VINCE MCMAHON: “This particular car is a company car Hunter, (What?) this is The Rock’s company car, paid for by myself, (What?) and seeing as The Rock isn’t using it tonight and my limo is at the garage, I decided to, (What?) uh, break one of the commandments.”

TRIPLE H: “Wait a second, what the heck do you mean The Rock isn’t using it tonight? What have you done?”

VINCE MCMAHON: “Well, the way I saw it Rock was very hurt after two huge matches in a row, (What?) he is no champion so he needs not be here, (What?) but do not worry Hunter, (What?) he’ll be back in time for Smackdown! next week. (What?) Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go and prepare my champion for later tonight.”

Vince walks off smiling, Austin and HHH are right in each other’s faces, Austin pretends he’s going for HHH but pulls back when Hunter doesn’t flinch, he laughs and strokes his goatee.

STEVE AUSTIN: “What?”

Austin smiles his evil grin as he walks off. Triple H stands and holds his head in his hands before kicking the side of the car in frustration.

’Golden Nine’

Backstage, Billy Gunn is looking at himself in the mirror, he looks impressed and gives himself a raised eyebrow of approval. He begins talking to himself.

BILLY GUNN: “Hey baby, how about you spend a night with ‘The One’ and get to know the ‘Golden Nine’? Yeah that’s ri-“

Billy stops as he notices Raven standing behind him in the mirror.

BILLY GUNN: “Uh can I help you?”

RAVEN: “Maybe you can, maybe you cannot, it seems that you are more interested in helping yourself. Vanity is a costly enemy…”

BILLY GUNN: “It’s a price that’s worth it when you look this good! I mean, come on, look at YOU, that weird shaggy red hair, that ugly beard, those clothes, you look like you belong on the streets bro!”

RAVEN: “The streets are fine for me, the loneliness consumes you so that you care not what others thing, you are only consumed by your own hatred. My hatred allowed me to become a champion once more, where is your gold?”

BILLY GUNN: “My ‘Golden Nine’ is the only gold I need, but I guess a little extra wouldn’t hurt, me and you, in that ring tonight!”

Raven nods and walks off once more, Billy turns back to the mirror.

BILLY GUNN: “Yeah, when you look this good you can’t be a loser!”

RATING: 83%

Advert

Commentary

As Edge & Christian make their way to the table the announcers talk.

MICHAEL COLE: “Welcome back, tonight we still have the interview with Steve Austin as well as two title matches so don’t change the channel!”

TAZZ: “This is going to be off the hook Cole! Jerry Lynn is an ECW legend and Jericho is going to have his work cut out, and the Hardcore title match is always going to be hot with an innovator like Raven in it! As for the interview, well the anticipation is killing me, I can’t be alone here.”

MICHAEL COLE: “No way you are Tazz, but up now is Edge and Christian against Test and, well, whoever William Regal chose for his partner…”

TAG TEAM MATCH WITH TEST’S WWF EUROPEAN TITLE SHOT ON THE LINE

Edge & Christian –VS– Test and Spike Dudley

Edge and Christian couldn’t contain their laughter when Lil’ Spike walked down as Test’s partner, they mis-judged him however as he managed to use his small stature to evade them at the start, diving between their legs, the ropes and even being used as a human cannonball by Test.

Edge & Christian managed to keep Spike alone finally, as Edge & Christian went for the con-chair-to while the ref was down they were instead attacked by Bubba and D-Von who had run to ringside to help their little brother, unfortunately the ref awoke at just this time and called the match a DQ win for Edge & Christian.

Post-Match an all out brawl occurred.

WINNER: Edge & Christian via DQ through interference

RATING: 71% (73% Crowd / 68% Match)

Losers

X-Factor are backstage watching on the monitor, laughing at what is going on in the ring. Jonathan Coachman comes up behind them.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “X-Factor, guys, earlier tonight you won the opportunity to face tag team champions Edge & Christian on the night of your choosing, the question is, have you decided when?”

X-PAC: “’Ey, Coach, of course we have, we were just standing here watching those losers getting their asses handed to them you know? We decided that, seeing as the Dudley Boyz insist on poking their noses into the soon to be former tag champs business, we’ve got to keep ourselves protected.”

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Does this mean you’ll be waiting out on your title shot?”

JUSTIN CREDIBLE: “Of course not you damn loser, we’re going to take advantage on RAW this Monday, but we got back from Commissioner Regal’s office and he made our match a lumberjack match, Rhyno and Kurt Angle for Edge & Christian, and the big man Albert and another man of our choosing for us.”

ALBERT: “And if the Dudleyz interfere, then Dudleyville is going to get Baldo Bombed!”

X-Factor high five one another and walk off.

RATING: 75%

Advert

HARDCORE MATCH FOR THE WWF HARDCORE TITLE

Raven© –VS– Billy Gunn

Billy started off taunting Raven and getting the crowd behind him, the crowd clapped for him as the two locked up, Billy gained an advantage early on. However Billy did not stop taunting which allowed Raven to roll out the ring and hide under the ring. When Billy went searching for his opponent he got a blast from a fire extinguisher in the face.

Billy could not see and so Raven abused him with chair shots and lead pipes, Raven placed Billy in a wheelbarrow as Gunn finally gained his vision back and pushed it into the guardrail, Billy dived out just in time. Raven put on some brass knucks as they fought back in the ring. Billy managed to fight back, he Irish Whipped Raven but got a face full of brass and Raven got the three count.

WINNER: Raven via Pin Fall to retain the WWF Hardcore title

RATING: 76% (75% Crowd / 77% Match)

Stephanie’s Choice

Triple H is on the phone in his locker room when Stephanie walks in, he signals her to sit down.

TRIPLE H: “Okay Rocky, I’ll see you next week man. Later.”

HHH cancels the call and turns to Stephanie.

TRIPLE H: “Hey honey…”

Hunter goes to kiss Steph but she leans away.

TRIPLE H: “What the…? What’s up with you?”

STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY: “You know what…”

TRIPLE H: “Look, Steph, we’ve been over this, your father is the one at fault, I thought you were with me on this?”

STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY: “That was until I heard you on the phone, I thought it was just a one night thing to help The Rock, but now I find your plotting and planning things behind my back?”

TRIPLE H: “Steph, Rock and I need each others backs right now, Vince and Austin is a good partnership for no-one, least of all him and me.”

STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY: “Hunter, I consider myself a tolerant woman, I’ve been through a lot with you, but with my father I’ve been through my life. I don’t want to have to choose between you, I support you in everything you do, but I’m not sure it’s a smart idea to mess with Austin and my dad…”

TRIPLE H: “What the…? Steph, one and a half years ago me and you tricked the world, we tricked your father especially, you were saying how much you hoped he died to me at one point, what’s with the sudden change?”

STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY: “My daddy is alone, mom has turned her back on him and filed for divorce, Shane has completely screwed him over and I’m the only one he has left, I don’t want my dad to be alone.”

Triple H sighs and sits down on the bench.

STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY: “Hunter, I will always defend you, but I’m not sure I like your choice in ‘friends’, if you love me you won’t force me to choose too… please don’t…”

Steph kisses her husbands cheek and walks out as Triple H again puts his head in his hands.

TRIPLE H: We all have to make choices…”

Commentary

TAZZ: “What do you think Triple H means Cole?”

MICHAEL COLE: “I don’t know Tazz, but whatever it is, I don’t think it’s going to please many people.”

SINGLES MATCH FOR THE WWF INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE

Chris Jericho© –VS– Jerry Lynn

The match started off viciously, the two were brawling all over the place before the match even started. Jerry really impressed in this match as did Jericho, their combo of technical and high flying moves was something to behold. Lynn went for Jericho’s Lionsault at one point but Jericho got the knee’s up.

Jericho managed to keep control of the match, sticking to the ground and using submission based moves until finally he went for Lynn’s Cradle Piledriver, however Lynn managed to struggle free and rolled Jericho up, grabbing the tights for a three. Lynn celebrated after the match as Jericho was in disbelief.

WINNER: Jerry Lynn via Pin Fall to become the NEW the WWF Intercontinental title

RATING: 88% (76% Crowd / 100% Match)

Advert

’Why Austin, Why?’

As we return JR is making his way out, the crowd is going wild for the Oklahoma native. He climbs into the ring and points a finger at the crowd for cheap pops before taking his seat at the discussion table.

JIM ROSS: “It’s good to be home folks, but tonight is not about me, tonight is a night of questions answered, so without further ado, I present to you, the World Wrestling Federation World Heavyweight champion… ‘The Rattlesnake’… ‘Stone Cold”; Steve Austin!”

”Glass Shatters” and Steve Austin makes his way to the ring, he does the ‘shoulders’ walk as he carried his title on his shoulder. He walks alone as the crowd seems to give a mixed reaction still, more heat however as an “Austin sucks!” chant begins. He climbs the turnbuckle, gets heat, turnbuckle two, more heat and so he just snarls and yells “Shut yer’ yap” before sitting down at the table.

JIM ROSS: “’Stone Cold’, I’d like to start of this interview with the obvious question, wh-“

STEVE AUSTIN: “Hold up there cowboy, (What?) you think you’re going to interview Steve Austin, THE WWF champion, with your hat on? (What?) Don’t you know it’s disrespectful to wear a hat inside someone’s home? (What?) Get your hat the hell off while you’re in my home.”

JR looks slightly perturbed, but none-the-less he takes off his hat.

STEVE AUSTIN: “That’s better boy, (What?) now you can ask me questions.”

JIM ROSS: “Okay, as I was saying, my first question is - Why ‘Stone Cold’? Why did you align yourself with the man you have spent so many years being a thorn in the side of?”

STEVE AUSTIN: Well that’s a stupid question Jim, (What?) you know me, (What?) I live and breathe this title…”

Austin points to his title, he gets a strange glint in his eye just looking at it.

STEVE AUSTIN: “…(What?) and I was just insuring myself, (What?) I wasn’t gonna’ take no chances going into that match, (What?) me and Rock have never been friends, nor’ will we ever be friends (What?). Vince was the answer, (What?) heaven and hell are obsolete without an earth from which to take, and so we decided to take from what we created (What?).”

JIM ROSS: “That’s a fair answer I guess, but who approached who?”

STEVE AUSTIN: “That question ain’t so stupid, (What?) Vince approached me, Vince has been the brains behind so much and he convinced me to see the light, (What?) he convinced me to join the ‘dark side’. (What?) I realised that rebellion is never going to result when only one man rebels, (What?) one man can not change the world JR, but two men, no-no, two GODS, they can.”

JIM ROSS: “What about the fans? What about The Rock? WrestleMania was tainted by cheating you soured an entire event.”

STEVE AUSTIN: “I’m going to be honest Jim, (What?) I didn’t even decide up until before I went through the curtains for the ring, (What?) I decided that if the fans truly supported me they’d cheer me whatever, but no, those sons of b*tches just booed and booed, (What?) so screw ‘em. This time next year people will have had time to think and realised I didn’t cheat, I just did what any real champion would! (What?)”

JIM ROSS: “A real champion is honourable, the real Steve Austin would know that!”

STEVE AUSTIN: “What you saying? (What?) That ‘Stone Cold’ ain’t got honour? (What?) Only Steve Austin knows what the ‘real Steve Austin’ would do, don’t you ever question my honour again!”

JIM ROSS: “Steve, I refuse to believe that you accept what you did as honourable, you don’t believe what you’re saying at all!”

Austin starts breathing heavilly.

JIM ROSS: “I am your best friend Steve, but I can’t accept you like this, tell Vince McMahon exactly what you-“

”No Chance” Vince McMahons music starts and Steve Austin stands and looks down at the ramp smiling, JR remains seated for a moment before standing and greeting Vince. Mr. McMahon climbs into the ring and grabs a microphone of his own, he signals for JR to sit as the unholy alliance talk and the crowd boo’s.

VINCE MCMAHON: “Silence! (What?) I came down here because this isn’t right JR, you are badgering my star employee! So you know what, if I’m ‘The Devil’, then I condemn you to HELL!”

Vince slices the air and Austin takes his cue, he begins attacking JR, beating him mercilessly, he hits him with the title multiple times. Austin shouts in JR’s ear holding the title against the Oklahoman’s head as the crowd is up in arms. Austin grabs a nearby mic and screams.

STEVE AUSTIN: “Man thirsts to be a champion JR, but a GOD, a God is a real champion…”

Austin looks at the title and an evil smile comes across his face, Vince is standing demanding more as Austin berates JR and hits him while he is down. Out of nowhere Triple H sprints to the ring, he knocks Austin off JR but cannot grab him in time to cause any real damage, McMahon and Austin back up the ramp as HHH checks on JR.

MICHAEL COLE: “This is getting out of control Tazz, poor JR, hopefully JR will be okay for RAW Monday night, but for myself, Michael Cole, and Tazz at ringside, good night for Smackdown! … my God poor JR.”

The show ends on Michael Cole’s last words as the scene fades with Vince, Austin and HHH all screaming at one another.

RATING: 87%

POST-SHOW NOTES

- Jericho seemed to lose the crowd a bit during his promo

- The Hardcore title seems to be more appreciated at the moment

- The Intercontinental title gained from the tremendous match between Jerry Lynn and Chris Jericho, staff were really behind them after the match

- Stephanie McMahon seemed to come off well in her segment despite the ‘Daddy’s Girl’ gimmick apparently waning

- The Undertaker was told he will be playing more of an upper midcarder in the coming months; however he will still play a large role in main events

- Kurt Angle was told similar to what Undertaker was told, he was apparently unhappy that his character had been built up so much in the last year only to play second fiddle in upcoming months

- More ‘demotions’ as Chyna seems to be taking on a midcarder role with the WWF Women’s title

- Look for Eddie Guerrero to really step up within this month; apparently the WWF officials see big things for ‘Latino Heat’

- Big Bossman has gone down to Ohio Valley Wrestling to help with training, he will also be brushing up himself

- Some backstage think Triple H is getting too much screen time, management assured those of this thought that it is because of his key role in current storylines

- X-Factor seem to be working well as a unit, despite the tag of being DX-Lite

- Both Edge and Billy Gunn have approached WWF management about storylines to improve their characters

- We got a 76% approval rating,

- Smackdown! got a 7.25 rating

The diary I've been waiting for. I am mainly interested in seeing how one of your diaries will play out because I like you so much elsewhere. This was a great time to take the reigns, and from the look of things you are off to an alright start.

I will be checking in on this from time to time, and I really enjoyed the sigs used to hype this thing. :)

It was my favourite time in wrestling, I feel no matter what everyone says, most did enjoy this period and invasion when they were watching it, but looking back it was a bad time. The signature thing was something I did while I was bored and I realised how cool it was, I'm probably carrying it on because I feel it's a much better way to update and a nice view than a regular banner.

Awesome show just pure awesome.

I love your diaries :D

I cannot wait for Smackdown and the whole HHH / Rock thing really is a twist :)

The twist was hard to do because I had all the repurcussions, but I think I've figured it all out. I was originally planning to suspend The Rock alá real life, but from the reaction his and HHH's union got I had to keep him in, for now at least. As for my diaries, I've not really done that many, but thanks anyway :P

Nice Show dude...This is the perfect time....I'll reading this, Cant wait for Smackdown... :)

Thanks, like I said, I did love this time.

Great show and I like the twist in the first show, really gotta say its SUPAH.

I shall be reading ^_^

SUPAH FUNKEH~?

Nice show man, I'll be reading this!

Thanks, good man :thumbsup:

Good first show, I think some of the interviews could be a bit longer but that's just me. I like HHH going face, But it seemed a little too soon for the turn. It's gonna be interesting to see how you handle the Stephanie/HHH relationship now since he turned on Vince and Austin. Looking forward to Smackdown :D

The interviews were intended that way, but I will admit they came off a bit shorter than I had originally intended, it's getting fixed as you can see ^_^ I felt that not to have the turn then would have diluted the concept of his turn, because he hates Austin so much, I also wanted to keep the similarity between the real cage match that was on RAW and my diary. Steph and HHH is the hardest thing I've had to handle with this turn, it began to overcomplicate things what with Steph's 'X-Pac Heat' and yet I don't want to split them up so... well you'll see what I have planned.

I don't read diaries at all anymore, but your sig made me check it out. And I'm not at all dissapointed. Great first show, loved the ending. Keep up the good work.

I'm glad you decided to make an exception, the more readers I get the more likely I am to work my ass off and I really enjoy it. When people say "don't write a diary unless you enjoy it", it really doesn't hit home that you enjoy it until others do too, so thanks.

Not sure when HeAt will be up because I'm working tomorrow and am out part of Sunday, so let's just hope Benji can muster the bother :shifty:

Thanks again for the feedback, keep it coming!

Aye, tis SUPAH FUNKEH~!

I like the second show and am anticipating The Rock coming back again, despite him having to film :P

I am dissapointed that Lynn won on his debut show, but hopefully Jericho will go for the world title soon?

I look to see what happens with Stepha nd next show should be good.

Give us news updates too (Y)

Good Smackdown, I liked the Austin attack on JR, I just love seeing JR get beat up though :D

I don't think HHH is gonna turn heel, But I don't know about him talking to The Rock on the phone, They spent most of 2000 feuding and beating the shit out of each other. I don't think HHH and Rock would ever have a phone conversation where they seem to work together and trust each other.

Jerry Lynn debuting was cool, But having him debut and win the IC title against Jericho is a bit unrealistic. I mean, Sure he won the Light Heavyweight title in his debut, But it was against Crash. Hopefully Lynn becomes a big player now, Since he beat Jericho in his first match. A Lynn/Y2J feud would have kicked ass in real life. I'm sure you got something good planned.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what you'll do with guys like Angle, Benoit, Kane, Undertaker etc.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Yeh, to whoever thought about Trips turning on Rock, I have that feeling.

Rock will be aligned with Austin and Trips and Vince and Steph will create the McMahon-Helmsley faction and that produces the main feud for most of the year.

Heat is coming up, so I'm looking for it to possibly further some storylines, if not, I can at least hope that Richards wins his match :)

Sunday Night HeAT 08-04-2001

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Kevin Kelly

Commentary

The HeAT intro plays, as always the lack of actual wrestlers on the intro (and on the show for that matter) makes this show the blatant ‘B’ show. The show begins with Haku already making his way to the ring.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Sunday Night HeAT is here, and boy have we got some hot action for you on tonight’s show!”

KEVIN KELLY: “That’s right, tonight, Scotty 2 Hotty faces Dean Malenko for a shot at the WWF Light-Heavyweight title in our main event, not only that but Rhyno takes on the runt of the Dudley litter, Spike, and Haku is set to go up against Taka Michinoku right now!”

SINGLES MATCH

Haku –VS– Taka Michinoku (W/ Funaki)

This match was very typical big man versus little man stuff, Haku dominates, Taka sells. Haku went for the Tongan Death Grip, Funaki rolled into the ring with a chair but Haku saw it and went after him. Funaki dropped the chair and Haku chased after him, when Haku finally returned the referee warned Funaki about interfering until he saw Haku hit Taka with a chair, giving him the upset win! Haku, obviously, was not happy and proceeded to beat on the referee as Funaki dragged Taka away and celebrated.

WINNER: Taka Michinoku via DQ

RATING: 62% (59% Crowd / 65% Match)

Advert

Commentary

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Before the break we saw a shock victory as Taka Michinoku, albeit by DQ, defeated the monster Haku!”

KEVIN KELLY: “But I don’t think that was as big a shock as what occurred on Smackdown!” this past week between Chris Jericho and Jerry Lynn, let’s take a look…”

Video Recap

CHRIS JERICHO: “You know, since WrestleMania I’ve been relaxing, preparing, and I’ve been thinking who I want to face first on the Road to WrestleMania 18, but I’ve struggled to choose, that’s why I am placing an open challenge tonight, the first person out tonight will get a title shot against me in the MAIN EVENT of tonight’s show. Now get the hell out here!”.

The crowd is silent until none other than former ECW star Jerry Lynn walks out onto the ramp.

~ Scene Skip ~

Lynn storms down to the ring as Jericho prepares.

~ Scene Skip ~

Lynn keeps hits a Cradle Piledriver on Jericho onto the title! The crowd boo’s furiously as Lynn taunts over Jericho with the title.

MICHAEL COLE: “Well Tazz, I’ve got to say if the main event goes anything like that then Jericho is in for one rough night!”

~ Scene Skip ~

Lynn holds the tights on Jericho for the win and the title, post-match Jericho is furious as Lynn celebrates.

RATING: 55%

SINGLES MATCH

Rhyno –VS– Spike Dudley

pike’s small stature allowed him to evade a lot of attacks. Rhyno went for a Gore three times, but every time Spike dodged. As Spike went for the Acid Drop, Rhyno held him and crotched him on the ring post. Spike began to stand and as a result Rhyno finally hit the Gore and secured a victory.

WINNER: Rhyno via Pin Fall

RATING: 72% (71% Crowd / 74% Match)

Too Cool get interviewed by JB… no L

Backstage, Too Cool are standing by with none other than former WCW announcer Jeremy Borash.

JEREMY BORASH: “Scotty 2 Hotty, you are just under half an hour away from competing for a shot at the World Wrestling Federation’s Light-Heavyweight title, what are your thoughts on your opponent?”

SCOTTY 2 HOTTY: “Come seventeen days, the heat on 2 Hotty will be on, because one year before that I lost that title, and tonight, I’m going to dance rings around ‘The Man of a Thousand Bald Patches’. Seriously, is he not retired yet?”

GRAND MASTER SEXAY: “Hey Scotty, don’t be so ageist, he has to have some moves to get all those women right?”

SCOTTY 2 HOTTY: “Sure, that is if they aren’t from his nursing home.”

JEREMY BORASH: “Are you not worried by the fact that Malenko may have Perry Saturn and Eddie Guerrero backing him up?”

SCOTT 2 HOTTY: “Nah, it’s all good when you got a homey like Grand Masta’ around…!”

GRAND MASTER SEXAY: “For sure!”

The two men up, down and high five each other before walking off.

RATING: 69%

Commentary

KEVIN KELLY: “That’s going to be an interesting match Coach, you just know it’s not going to be one-on-one no matter what.”

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Scotty certainly has the numbers against him, but seemingly so does Triple H at the moment, let’s take a look at Smackdown!”

Video Recap

STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY: “Hunter, I consider myself a tolerant woman, I’ve been through a lot with you, but with my father I’ve been through my life. I don’t want to have to choose between you, I support you in everything you do, but I’m not sure it’s a smart idea to mess with Austin and my dad…”

~ Scene Skip ~

STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY: “Hunter, I will always defend you, but I’m not sure I like your choice in ‘friends’, if you love me you won’t force me to choose too… please don’t…”

Steph kisses her husbands cheek and walks out as Triple H again puts his head in his hands.

TRIPLE H: We all have to make choices…”

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “A question was left in the air after Stephanie left the locker room, but apparently the choice had already been made as Mr. McMahon accidentally forced Triple H to take action…”

~ Scene Skip ~

VINCE MCMAHON: “I came down here because this isn’t right JR, you are badgering my star employee! So you know what, if I’m ‘The Devil’, then I condemn you to HELL!”

Vince slices the air and Austin takes his cue, he begins attacking JR, beating him mercilessly, he hits him with the title multiple times. Austin shouts in JR’s ear holding the title against the Oklahoman’s head as the crowd is up in arms. Austin grabs a nearby mic and screams.

STEVE AUSTIN: “Man thirsts to be a champion JR, but a GOD, a God is a real champion…”

Austin looks at the title and an evil smile comes across his face, Vince is standing demanding more as Austin berates JR and hits him while he is down. Out of nowhere Triple H sprints to the ring, he knocks Austin off JR but cannot grab him in time to cause any real damage, McMahon and Austin back up the ramp as HHH checks on JR.

MICHAEL COLE: “This is getting out of control Tazz, poor JR, hopefully JR will be okay for RAW Monday night, but for myself, Michael Cole, and Tazz at ringside, good night for Smackdown! … my God poor JR.”

The clip ends on Michael Cole’s last words as the scene fades with Vince, Austin and HHH all screaming at one another.

RATING: 96%

Commentary

The image is once more focussed on the announcer table.

KEVIN KELLY: “It seems Austin is completely under the spell of McMahon, he has become what he used to fight when The Corporation was around.”

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “It’s hard to believe that this is the same hell raiser that once beat down the chairman of the company!”

KEVIN KELLY: “After the break we will see Scotty 2 Hotty take on Dean Malenko for the opportunity of a Light-Heavyweight title shot, don’t go away!”

Advert

Sloth, Gluttony, Challenge

Bradshaw and Farooq are backstage in their ‘Office’, they are drinking and playing cards as usual.

BRADSHAW: “Full house.”

Farooq slams his fist on the table.

FAROOQ: “I’ll be damned! You win again.”

Bradshaw pulls away the chips chuckling.

BRADSHAW: “It just ain’t your night.”

RAVEN: “It just ISN’T your night is it?”

The Acolytes get to their feet and look over into the shadow where Raven is seated, feet up on some form of folded up metal table as he watches them.

BRADSHAW: “What the hell you doing here weirdo?”

Raven climbs down from his perch, he walks up to Bradshaw and looks him in the face.

RAVEN: “I’m here to cleanse you.”

Bradshaw looks at Farooq and vice versa, they laugh as they give one another a “What the fuck?” look, Bradshaw turns back to Raven.

BRADSHAW: “No offence buddy, but I shower alone, but you go ahead and uh, ‘cleanse’ as many guys as you like.”

Farooq laughs at his tag partners’ comment.

RAVEN: “Ah, is this an irrational fear I see? Making jokes to cover your fear? You fear difference, but you misunderstand me. I am here to cleanse your soul, I am here to give you reason to live and lead you, into a new time, where you earn your keep rather than live in gluttony and sloth.”

Farooq puts a hand across Bradshaw’s chest, he shifts in front of Raven.

FAROOQ: “I don’t know what you want boy, but if you want a challenge you got just over twenty four hours to find a partner, because you’re meeting us in the ring on RAW.”

RAVEN: “So it shall be… he doubted me too…”

Raven walks off, actually going through the door of the office as Farooq and Bradshaw try and comprehend what Raven was on about.

RATING: 71%

Commentary

The announcers talk as Scotty 2 Hotty makes his way to ringside with Grand Master.

KEVIN KELLY: “It looks like we’ve got a hot match on RAW.”

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “But who will Raven choose as his partner? It better be good because the APA are certainly not a team you want to take lightly!”

SINGLES MATCH

Dean Malenko (W/ Perry Saturn, Terri and Eddie Guerrero) –VS– Scotty 2 Hotty (W/ Grand Master Sexay)

The match started off with a confrontation between the two as Grand Master kept his eye on the other two Radicalz. Scotty seemed set to go for the Worm early on after hitting a DDT but Malenko stood and managed to take Scotty down with a sleeper as he did the ‘bird foot’.. Scotty struggled to escape but managed to awake at the second attempt before once again being taken down by a Malenko submission, this time he had the Cloverleaf locked in, but Scotty got to the ropes.

Scotty finally obtained the advantage with a reversal of an Irish whip, but when Terri low blowed Grand Master on the outside Malenko took advantage of this lack of concentration and knocked him down with a shoulder block before locking in the cloverleaf for victory. The Radicalz celebrated as the show went off the air.

WINNER: Dean Malenko via Submission

RATING: 71% (64% Crowd / 79% Match)

POST-SHOW NOTES

- It seems the 24/7 rule has been dropped by the WWF on the Hardcore title, with no public acknowledgement this does seem strange, but with Raven’s recent escapades it must be assumed that no attacks means a change in rules

- Haku debuted more of a ‘savage’ gimmick on HeAT, it made him come across more of a character than the monster gimmick previous, he did however seem to become less believable after his loss to Taka

- The video of Lynn’s debut simply did not do him justice and as a result he appeared weak

- Apparently William Regal has requested a programme with Undertaker, management has told Regal that they will consider this idea, but not to hold his breathe for it to happen too soon

- We got a 54% approval rating, as usual the lack of credibility of the show put a dent in the quality of the overall product, plans are being made to improve the show

OOC: I’m not giving HeAT a TV rating because it’s just so unbelievable, I wouldn’t do RAW or Smackdown! either, but they are flagship so I felt the need to.

Very good update, Taka actually won against Haku so I'm happeee :) SUPAH FUNKEH~~!

Thats all I can really say on that, but yeh.

Oh, yeh, before I forget, in your question time can you list all the champions right now?