Your Favourite Soccer/Football Player

The Slickman

Who is your favourite player ? for any reason at all

As a Spurs fan born in 1989 Gazza was the man undoubtably the biggest talent in football . He had it all passing , tackling , shooting , dribbling and a great ability to make you laugh . Gazza was an entertainer off the pitch or on the ball .

Since i started going to the games in the past few seasons one man even after all the players left and a new crop came in he has stayed and is better than ever . Robbie Keane , the guy has a cult following at Spurs , Not every fan in the crowd loves the player as much as others but Keano and Gazza are what Tottenham Hotspur FC are about play the game and then add some Flair and Style to it .

Noteable Mentions

Matt Le Tissier

David Ginola

Stevie Gerrard

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all time: diego armando maradona.. he was my favourite player when i first started watching football, when he retired (well... actually a couple years before it), my preferences turned to romania's Hagi, Denmark's Michael Laudrup, and bulgaria's Stoichkov. Then, ortega from argentina, djalminha from brazil.

The truth is none of these lasted longer in my preferences. I guess i was allways looking for a substitute for maradona and never found one.

Nowadays it's probably either aimar or van der vaart, but i'm still looking for a player i can TRULY call my favourite.

Most of the people who post in the football threads are british so i'll leave here my favourite players in the Premiership since 88 - G. Zola, and Bergkamp.

Guest Red Devil

Diego Forlan. Before he came to United i saw him play a few matches and he was brilliant. He didn't really play anywhere near how he should've at United but now he is firing again at Villareal becoming the 2nd top scorer in La Liga after 4 goals in 2 games, just behind Ronaldo. I've always loved his "never say die" attitude and his ability to keep on going no matter what.

Muzzy Izzet. Played a vital role and turned into a star at Leicester. I will always remember his last contribution to the club when he scored the equalizer against Leeds with a twenty yard wonder shot...pity we still lost but I will always be glad that I was there for his last game.

Very biased seeing as I am a Leicester fan though...

Muzzy Izzet. Played a vital role and turned into a star at Leicester. I will always remember his last contribution to the club when he scored the equalizer against Leeds with a twenty yard wonder shot...pity we still lost but I will always be glad that I was there for his last game.

Very biased seeing as I am a Leicester fan though...