Microsoft Develops Halo Film

tristy

I put it here since it's going to be a movie.

Microsoft Develops Halo Film

Microsoft hired screenwriter Alex Garland (28 Days Later) to script a feature-film version of its best-selling video-game franchise Halo, to be presented as a complete package, Variety reported.

This strategy is the handiwork of ex-Columbia Pictures president Peter Schlessel, who quit the studio to become a producer just over a two years ago. He is expected to serve as a producer in some capacity on the Halo film, the trade paper reported.

The Halo franchise is one of the most popular in video-game history, having sold more than 12.8 million units and grossed approximately $600 million since its 2001 debut. Last year, Halo 2 sold 6.4 million copies and was the second-best-selling video game of the year.

The plot of Halo centers on a warrior soldier known only as "Master Chief" who battles a group of alien religious zealots who believe one of their most sacred artifacts is located on Earth.

Microsoft is insane to develop this on their own. They had a bevy of film studios vying to develop the movie, and because of their own arrogance, this will almost certainly be a flop.

Well, I guess Microsoft is really going to cash in on the Halo trend.

Next up, trying to keep up with Microsoft: Sony develops GTA movie! Again, wouldn't doubt it if it was announced ;)

"Oh no, they're making a computer game into a movie, it must suck because...I don't know, but it's going to suck1!"

You people suck.

Also, I'd guess it would be CGI, it'd just be easier that way. Live-action wouldn't be impossible, just much harder. Plus, Microsoft are making it, and I doubt they'd want to hire-in guys to make a LA movie when they have more than enough of a team to make a CGI one.

Red vs Blue style? I seriously doubt it :shifty: A few guys acting out scenes in Halo and then providing voices for the characters doesn't exactly scream "Microsoft's idea of a great movie" at me :P

RvB does rock, though, for what it is.

Edited by TheReilDeal

..no.

RvB is funny in it's five minute episodes, but a movie would suck, because they'd have to either:

A. Base the whole movie around the same Halo map. That would get extremely tedious after a while.

or B. Change the map from time to time and go to different places. That would lose most of the greatness of RvB :(

I dunno...RVB is pretty sweet. They could just hop through the portals and land on some other map.

"Hey, what's that black shit all over you?"

"DAMN IT!"

I need to watch 37 through whatever episode is out now. Last one I saw was where they entered Caboose's mind, I think.