Best Live Albums

DMN in the House

A comment by Tristy (Tristof, whatever), triggered this topic idea. I want to know what your favorite live albums are. Simple.

Mine are far and away Live at a Dive by DI, which might even be the best punk album period, and S&M by Metallica with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. I'd also give some love to the Family Values Tour 1999 which I listen too on a regular basis.

So, what you got?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Springsteen And The E-Street Band: Live 1975-85

Steve Earle/Townes Van Zandt/Guy Clark - Together At the Bluebird Café

Willie Nelson/Johnny Cash - VH1 Storytellers

Kris Kristofferson - Broken Freedom Song (Live In San Franciso)

in no order

Dream Theater - Live at Budokan

Rammstein - Live Aus Berlin

Pennywise - Live at the Key Club

Metallica - Live Shit Binge and Purge

The Ramones - We're Outta Here

Rage Against The Machine - Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium

and my favorite live album, and one of my favorite albums of all time

Alice in Chains - MTV Unplugged

I inspired someone. Sweet. Anyways, my favorite live albums are..

Rammstein's Live Aus Berlin:

If you've seen the DVD of this show, it's pure energy. The theatrics are insane, and as always, the music is kick-ass. Rammstein (the song) live = kickass.

Sarah McLachlan's Afterglow Live:

Give Mrs. McLachlan a guitar and 2 hours, and she can blow me away more than any band that I love, even The Mars Volta. Her voice live is like an angel (cliche? yes), and I just love hearing her live. I own all of her live albums, and every single one is awesome, but this one stands out to me, since Afterglow is in my Top 10 Favorite Albums ever.

nine inch nails' And All That Could Have Been:

Perhaps it's been done before, perhaps not. I've never seen a live DVD/CD composed of an entire tour, and molded together to make the listener think it's just a normal show, when infact almost every song is from a different concert on The Fragility Tour. Awesome, awesome DVD/CD.

Tool's Salival:

Man, Maynard's voice is spot-on in this live album. The way Maynard and the boys de-construct and re-make Pushit is beautiful. I love this album.

Metallica's S&M:

The Orchestra was a very nice touch to this show, in my opinion. I usually wouldn't buy anything Metallica, since it's not my thing, but an Orchestra + Metallica sounded awesome, so I went with it. I was blown away. I didn't think it'd work, but boy did it ever. "No Leaf Clover" is a fucking wicked song. I wish they'd make a studio version of it.

Oh, if bootlegs count, then "The Mars Volta Live At The Opera House: 7/21" is among my favorite live albums ever.

I'd also give some love to the Family Values Tour 1999 which I listen too on a regular basis.

I've got '98, which isn't half bad. Who is on '99?

Off the top of my head:

KoRn (Anytime you can here A.D.I.D.A.S. live, its worth it)

Filter

Limp Bizkit (say what you will, but Break Stuff live is great)

Staind

Redman and Method Man

and the band that did the South Park theme... can't think of their name off the top of my head.

and the band that did the South Park theme... can't think of their name off the top of my head.

Primus?

And wasn't Rammstein on that tour as well?

Yeah, Primus. Jerry Was a Race Car Driver (not sure of the real names of their songs), and My Name is Mud, I believe.

Even some of the songs I don't really like, like Been Awhile by Staind are good. I'm not trying to make it out to be some godly CD, but its a worthwhile listen, IMO.