NHL Playoffs Thread [03/04]

Did the official stop Calgary from scoring? Did he make those ridiculous saves at the end of the game?

Way to find blame everywhere but in Calgary's offensive "efforts" in the first two periods. Yes, they SHOULD have won the Cup in Game 6, but they didn't get it done tonight. One call didn't make them lose, it's not like Tampa Bay scored on the BS power play. It just reeks of sore losertude. Which I know from experience since Yankee fans do it every time they lose a series around here.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the official stop Calgary from scoring? Did he make those ridiculous saves at the end of the game?

Nope, but he sure as hell killed any momentum and focus the team had. And while the case can be made that Calgary shouldn't have let it derail them, how many people can honestly expect a call to be made in the last minute of the last game in the year?

Guest Hit Man 3120

No, you really didn't. He was immediatly back on, he wasn't hurt. It was a high stick and a bit of a charge but it's the last fucking minute of the god damned season. Emotions are going to run high, relax on the whistle a bit you Nazi zebra.

Undoubtful.

No, you really didn't. He was immediatly back on, he wasn't hurt. It was a high stick and a bit of a charge but it's the last fucking minute of the god damned season. Emotions are going to run high, relax on the whistle a bit you Nazi zebra.
Yes you did. You have to be in control of your stick at all times and the fact that it drew blood was the cinch. He's lucky it wasnt a double

Undoubtful.
Excuse me?

Go Mr.D and Tom Wilson, 1 down.....

Way to find blame everywhere but in Calgary's offensive "efforts" in the first two periods. Yes, they SHOULD have won the Cup in Game 6, but they didn't get it done tonight. One call didn't make them lose, it's not like Tampa Bay scored on the BS power play. It just reeks of sore losertude. Which I know from experience since Yankee fans do it every time they lose a series around here.

I'm not even a Calgary fan, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out they rightfully won that series. Typically, eliminating your opponent consitutes victory. Their offence sucked in the first two periods, but it shouldn't have even mattered beecause the series should have been over two days ago.

Give them some credit, but wait, I forgot.  Theres a conspiracy against Canada and blah blah blah

Tampa was the better team

Would you stop being a trolling cock? He didn't say anything about a conspiracy. He didn't even say anything about Canada. Tampa may have been a better team, but they benefited from a contraversial momentum killing penalty in the final two minutes (something unheard of in any other playoff game, so why is this any different?).

Look guys, naiwf is right. Calgary no showed the first two periods. They made it close but in the end they just couldn't beat Khabibulin. They also lost in overtime on home ice which was a heartbreaker. As questionable as some of the calls were in the end Tampa had a better game in game 7 and they won.

Yes you did. You have to be in control of your stick at all times and the fact that it drew blood was the cinch. He's lucky it wasnt a double

There are lots of calls in the game that weren't called because they wanted to let them play. They called the hit because the league are star fuckers.

Excuse me?

I was saying you were right. You're not too bright are you?

Edited by SeanDMan

The game would have been better if Calgary could have been playing like they did in the third period for the whole game... their defence was pretty weak for the first couple period, and it sunk them. I was really pulling for Calgary :( If only they could have gotten more chances in the first couple periods...

I'm not even a Calgary fan, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out they rightfully won that series. Typically, eliminating your opponent consitutes victory. Their offence sucked in the first two periods, but it shouldn't have even mattered beecause the series should have been over two days ago.

I never said I liked the NHL. If they had a set up like the NFL that replay would have been questioned from the booth and Canada would still be celebrating. Don't blame the Lightning for taking advantage of a gift. Blame the inept officials who didn't bother to check the goal two nights ago.

The worst part is St. Louis was good enough to play the shift right after the penalty, if I was Fraser and I saw that I would recall the penalty. It was a freakin clean hit! Fraser fucked up what could have been a great ending to a great game.

Look guys, naiwf is right. Calgary no showed the first two periods. They made it close but in the end they just couldn't beat Khabibulin. They also lost in overtime on home ice which was a heartbreaker. As questionable as some of the calls were in the end Tampa had a better game in game 7 and they won.

The game would have been better if Calgary could have been playing like they did in the third period for the whole game... their defence was pretty weak for the first couple period, and it sunk them.  I was really pulling for Calgary  :(  If only they could have gotten more chances in the first couple periods...

Truth be told, yes, Tampa played the better game. However, I still think the calls were un-necessary. Let the game end on an energetic note, with both teams at full strength, giving all they can to play.

I never said I liked the NHL. If they had a set up like the NFL that replay would have been questioned from the booth and Canada would still be celebrating. Don't blame the Lightning for taking advantage of a gift. Blame the inept officials who didn't bother to check the goal two nights ago.

I don't hold a thing against Tampa, but the fact remains they lost fair and sqaure. I do blame the inept officials who fucked up, and this incident is indictive of some of the problems the NHL has and needs to fix.

The worst part is St. Louis was good enough to play the shift right after the penalty, if I was Fraser and I saw that I would recall the penalty. It was a freakin clean hit! Fraser fucked up what could have been a great ending to a great game.

If Fraser called that he should've called about every bit of physical contact in the game. Of course he only called physical contact when it involved Calgary hitting Tampa.

Guest Hit Man 3120

Every series has bad calls and what not. The true grit wouldve been shown if they wouldve make that call a non-issue and win the game. Tampa wanted it more, they won 2 games in a row facing elimination, one on home ice after losing on home ice in OT two nights prior.

I'm not going to say it was a clean hit, because it wasn't, but the point is that you don't call penalties in the last two minutes, especially in the final game of the Stanley Cup. If you do, then all games should be called like this, not just one game in the middle of June. Kerry Fraser has proven consistently that he's about as consistent as a constipated senior citizen. I don't think there's a conspiracy Hit Man, I just think Fraser's an idiot.