NHL Playoffs Thread [03/04]

I don't hold a thing against Tampa, but the fact remains they lost fair and sqaure. I do blame the inept officials who fucked up, and this incident is indictive of some of the problems the NHL has and needs to fix.

That's true, which is why I KNEW Tampa would win this game. When a team gets raped in a series clinching decisionthe way Calgary did on Saturday, they never come back from that.

I wanted to see Calgary win too so Iginla could be the face of the league when it comes back in two years. Tampa Bay will be like the Florida Marlins and sell off all the old timers until they can make another run in a few years. They won't sustain this, which is why I don't like most pro sports. Dynasties suck, but nothing's worse than a one and done champ.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to say it was a clean hit, because it wasn't, but the point is that you don't call penalties in the last two minutes, especially in the final game of the Stanley Cup. If you do, then all games should be called like this, not just one game in the middle of June. Kerry Fraser has proven consistently that he's about as consistent as a constipated senior citizen. I don't think there's a conspiracy Hit Man, I just think Fraser's an idiot.

I think it was a poerfectly clean hit, it was all shoulder and not from behind, the only thing that made it not clean was St. Louis being vertically challenged

What have been all of his screwjobs (I'm deciding how much I should hate this guy).

I can tell you #1. In the Conference finals in 92-93 Gretzky deliberatly high sticked a Toronto player right in front of Fraser and no penalty, LA went on to win the game and series

Edited by Corizzle

What have been all of his screwjobs (I'm deciding how much I should hate this guy).

Best not to ask a Leaf fan. We tend to rant for a good half hour about it.

Wayne Gretzky high sticked Doug Gilmour right in front of Fraser with Toronto up in the series and game. Fraser doesn't call it so Gretzky beats Toronto for the rest of game 6 and 7.

That's true, which is why I KNEW Tampa would win this game. When a team gets raped in a series clinching decisionthe way Calgary did on Saturday, they never come back from that.

I wanted to see Calgary win too so Iginla could be the face of the league when it comes back in two years. Tampa Bay will be like the Florida Marlins and sell off all the old timers until they can make another run in a few years. They won't sustain this, which is why I don't like most pro sports. Dynasties suck, but nothing's worse than a one and done champ.

I too hate one and done champs. Mark my words, when the NHL comes back and Tampa's half as good as they are now they will rapidly lose their fanbase.

Man the Lightning wives are some hot fucking Florida bitches

Theres so much hotness on that ice I'm suprised it isn't wet concrete

Best not to ask a Leaf fan. We tend to rant for a good half hour about it.

Wayne Gretzky high sticked Doug Gilmour right in front of Fraser with Toronto up in the series and game. Fraser doesn't call it so Gretzky beats Toronto for the rest of game 6 and 7.

I was 5 then, I didn't get into hockey until the next year thanks to that goofy Mighty Ducks movie and the huge media hype the Rangers were getting.

Guest Hit Man 3120

Tampa is no Florida Marlins. Most of their core, Kubina, Lecavalier, Richards, St.Louis, Fedetenko, Khabibulin is pretty young. Their nly real old guys are Andreychuck (who's all but retired) and Sydor

Tampa is no Florida Marlins.  Most of their core, Kubina, Lecavalier, Richards, St.Louis, Fedetenko, Khabibulin is pretty young. Their nly real old guys are Andreychuck (who's all but retired) and Sydor

The similarity is that next to no one actually cares about the Lightning during the regular season. Most of Tampa's regular crowd are snowbirds from Canada.

Tampa is no Florida Marlins.  Most of their core, Kubina, Lecavalier, Richards, St.Louis, Fedetenko, Khabibulin is pretty young. Their nly real old guys are Andreychuck (who's all but retired) and Sydor

And when those guys finally wanna get paid, say hello to Detroit, New York, Colorado etc. unless the NHL FINALLY gets a good salary structure going.

And when those guys finally wanna get paid, say hello to Detroit, New York, Colorado etc. unless the NHL FINALLY gets a good salary structure going.

Exactly. If the NHL can't get a good cap on their players, team like Detroit and Colorado are more than willing to snap up guys like Lecavalier, Richards, and St. Louis, who are more than willing to get paid more than Tampa Bay can offer them.

Congratulations Tampa Bay.

And lets all murder Kerry Frasier.

I'm with you on this one. How the hell can they put him in game 7 given his history with Canadians?

Seriously.  That man, regardless of how correct the call was, best stay out of Calgary, and most of Canada for a bit.

Poor guy is gonna get booed of every Canadian city next year. The NHL better watch his schedule.

Who wants to go kill Kerry Fraser with me.

You'll have plenty of volunteers lining up with you.

You HAD to make the cross checking call

The stick did the trick on that one. If it was just a hit there wouldn't be a call on that one in my opinion.

Did the official stop Calgary from scoring? Did he make those ridiculous saves at the end of the game?

Way to find blame everywhere but in Calgary's offensive "efforts" in the first two periods. Yes, they SHOULD have won the Cup in Game 6, but they didn't get it done tonight. One call didn't make them lose, it's not like Tampa Bay scored on the BS power play. It just reeks of sore losertude. Which I know from experience since Yankee fans do it every time they lose a series around here.

I can't remember the last decent hockey related post from you. I don't have any complaints with Calgary's play tonight. The last 10 minutes they provided were some of the best hockey in recent memory. They had a heck of a year. Not many people ahd them going to the playoffs.....and not many people had them doing anything once they got there. It doesn't matter if they scored on the BS powerplay or not. Penalties change the flow of the game.

Screwjob.jpg

If you don't mind that's going in my sig too.

I don't hold a thing against Tampa, but the fact remains they lost fair and sqaure. I do blame the inept officials who fucked up, and this incident is indictive of some of the problems the NHL has and needs to fix.

I agree. Tampa had a great year......but the series should've been over after Game 6.

Should have done it in 1993 when Fraser Screwjob number #1 happened though.

I told my friend the same thing to my friend word for word.

Gretzky vs the Leafs in 1993. No call on Gretzky....LA goes to the finals to play Montreal.

I can't remember the last decent hockey related post from you.  I don't have any complaints with Calgary's play tonight. The last 10 minutes they provided were some of the best hockey in recent memory. They had a heck of a year. Not many people ahd them going to the playoffs.....and not many people had them doing anything once they got there. It doesn't matter if they scored on the BS powerplay or not. Penalties change the flow of the game.

Hey Sahyder, did you just see the last ten minutes, or did you watch the first two periods where Calgary managed... what, ten shots combined, and looked completely dejected?

By the way, in honor of Kerry Fraser and ragging on him I have given myself a new avatar

post-4-1086667314.jpg

Hey Sahyder, did you just see the last ten minutes, or did you watch the first two periods where Calgary managed... what, ten shots combined, and looked completely dejected?

No he was too busy keeping his hard on for refuting everything I say. He's obviously going to focus on 10 minutes of a 60 minute game and fault me for saying the team didn't do shit for the first 50. It's typical Sahyder logic when I'm involved. But it was the ref that limited Calgary to 17 shots in a game 7, not Tampa's defense. :rolleyes:

No he was too busy keeping his hard on for refuting everything I say. He's obviously going to focus on 10 minutes of a 60 minute game and fault me for saying the team didn't do shit for the first 50. It's typical Sahyder logic when I'm involved. But it was the ref that limited Calgary to 17 shots in a game 7, not Tampa's defense.  :rolleyes:

Um....everyone here knows you know no hockey so arguing with you is pointless.

As for seandman, ofcourse I watched the whole game. I just said that Calgary was in the game until the end. Let Naiwf interpret it in whatever way he wants to. Calgary's had that kind of stretch in the past too.....that wasn't the end of the season right there. They had a shot to win till the end. Naiwf is just gonna go out there and protect the referees for some reason. And ofcourse Naiwf fails to point out that Calgary outshot Tampa in the game.

Edited by sahyder1

It's funny that I knew Tampa Bay would win the series.

If you want to be a Canadian homer living in the U.S. that's fine and dandy, but that call didn't have Calgary playing lethargically for 83% of the game. The game was over once Khabibulin made that sliding save with about 5 minutes to go. Once Calgray didn't tie it there, they were not going to. Period. But if you find solace in blaming a by the book call, so be it. You won't be the first person to find fault in everyone but the players on the ice/field/court.

If you were stupid enough to think Calgary was going to win the Cup twice, that's on you. As I said before, NO team comes back from something like that.

EDIT: Does it matter if the winning team shot less if they scored more? The point is Calgary didn't do enough to WIN the game, they played well enough to stay in it.

Edited by naiwf