Champions League Today :-)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or 4-0.

Onto the Chelsea/Barca diving thing.

I can't fucking stand the fact that Mourinho has the NERVE to accuse them of diving when all you need to do is go get a tape of Porto last season doing it all the fucking time.

He contradicts himself all the time, he called Tottenham cheats for parking a bus in front of their goal, Chelsea do it all the fucking time.

I hate Mourinho.

That is probably why I hate Chelsea SO much this season, if Ranieri was there maybe I wouldn't hate them as much, but Mourinho is the reason I dislike them so much.

He is the most arrogant, annoying, contradicting person I have ever seen.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Guest Ringmaster

Caught the Juve/Real game. Luxemburgo Erikson'd the game by defending for most of the time, and Juve got the deserved win. Interesting to see Ronaldo sent off though.

Edited by Ringmaster

I can't fucking stand the fact that Mourinho has the NERVE to accuse them of diving when all you need to do is go get a tape of Porto last season doing it all the fucking time.

He contradicts himself all the time, he called Tottenham cheats for parking a bus in front of their goal, Chelsea do it all the fucking time.

I hate Mourinho.

That is probably why I hate Chelsea SO much this season, if Ranieri was there maybe I wouldn't hate them as much, but Mourinho is the reason I dislike them so much.

He is the most arrogant, annoying, contradicting person I have ever seen.

Coming from an Arsenal fan....

Now, I'm a Fulham fan, and dislike Chelsea by proxy, but I think there is a major difference between a team sticking the bus on front of the goal, and a team defending well. A team sticking the bus in front of the goal probably wouldn't have even come close to scoring 4 goals, would they?

Also, the diving...it's not a Mourinho thing, its a continental thing. Fair enough, maybe he shouldn't have advocated it at Porto, but now he's at a team that aren't as bad, and had a player sent off due to a Barca player overreacting to a challenge, it makes sense to me to point it out, if just for mind games purposes.

And as many have said...it's not arrogant, if you can back the claims up. When he is the best manager in Europe (by proxy of winning the Champions League....which before anyone says anything, doesn't mean they are the best manager in Europe, but its kinda "current form"), and with his team at the top of the Premiership, and in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League, he has a right to say what he says, because he has and can back it up.

Cant be assed to answer the Barcelona stuff, to happy right now :)

Probably my most memorable viewed match tonight. One of the greatest games I've seen. Most wont agree because they aint fans of Madrid or Juve, but because I support Juventus I loved it. I don't think I've ever been on the edge of my seat like I was today. That game was entertaining from the first whistle to the final whistle, just amazing. Who says Italian teams are boring? Think tonights game shows they aint. My opinion says that's one of the games of the CL so far, so evenly matched with some awesome defending.

Zlatan was brilliant. His skill and footing is seriously as good as what Ronaldinho's is I reckon. Maybe not as much skill but damn he is great on the ball. I think the commentators got it a LITTLE right when they said he needs to slightly improve on the finishing, which he does a little and when he does like they said, he will be a world class striker. He did so much today. Held the ball up brilliantly and when on the ball it was amazing to watch. Teared the defence apart in that game. Del had a horrid game which was a shame. When Trezerguet scored that overhead I was going crazy, banging everything in sight. Superb goal and once again, the work of Zlatan as you could see. I think we deserved it too, worked hard all night.

From there on it was nail biting. All Madrid really needed was one goal to seal things, because if they got that then we'd need two which wasn't super likely. Coped so well without Nedved or Blasi as well. Zalayeta had a good game and when he scored that goal in extra time, no lie to anyone I was outside woooing the street because I was so overjoyed. One of my favourite moments in football. We had worked so damn hard for that goal it was incredible. Remember something too. It was literally the exact same time like two years back in the quater finals when he did that to Barcelona. Extra time it was then and he got the winner, just amazing for him. I think he actually deserved it too because he put in a very good performance all night even if he should have hit the target more.

Buffon was great when he needed to be, which wasn't too often. The save from the Carlos freekick was very good, that had me scared shitless. Zambrotta was great like usual, all over the place. Cannavaro put in a world class performance tonight, he just looked so damn strong. Just overall the team looked so damn good. At the same time though, hat off to Madrid. I don't think they were at there full best but they were damn good throughout the game, so very evenly matched. The two red cards were pretty much spot on. Certainly the Ronaldo one, you just cant be doing that sort of stuff. I thought it was nearly going to penaltys so I was pretty worried, afterall to be fair we aint got the best of luck when it comes to that. Cant beleive we got the win though, so amazing. I really hope Nedved is going to be fit and ready for out next two legs in the next round and to be honest, I wouldn't mind drawing PSV if I had to choose a team. Although I'll be happy as long as we don't get Milan. I'd still love Liverpool because I think it'd be a damn great game, so we'll have to wait and see. Either way, brilliant performance tonight and I think we did deserve the win and at the same time, proved that we can attack as good as we defend :)

A note on the other games. Thumbs up to Liverpool, brilliant performance again. I'd still love Baros at Juventus, he's damn awesome and showed it tonight. Garcia seems to finally be proving he's a good player. Overall very happy they went through. Arsenal seemed very unlucky. Got to say Bayern did play well from what I see and to be quite fair over the two legs, they did deserve it. Arsene didn't seem too happy, a bit of a shame to see them go out because I really would have wanted to get them in the next round or something, or even better, get them knock Chelsea out in the next round which would be brilliant. As for PSV, cant say I care too much but looked like a good performance.

All I can say now is bring on the 'favourites', Chelsea (Even though Milan are joint favourites, but don't bring them on because I'm too scared we'll lose :P )

Guest UmpireAJS

Milan is probably the most likely team to win the cup-they already have super defense,and their forwards are doing well.

Great game between Barca and Chelsea by the way,thoroughly enjoyable throughout.

The commentator for the Liverpool game got it spot on when he said that it must be frustrating for 'pool fans to see them play like that, but then go to Southampton on Newcastle and play shit.

It was a good game though, although we probably should've won by more, or atleast kept a clean sheet.

Guest Ringmaster

Lyon's gonna the average side doing well this year, like Porto or Monaco last year. The team was undefeated for God knows how many games, and it seems as though Juninho has finally awakened and starting living up to his expectations. Factor in players like Essien or Govou, and the team should do somewhat well.

That said, I'd say Milan, Bayern or Chelsea will take it.