Carling Cup Final

Summers

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, Chelseas cup.

I feel sorry for Liverpool. The only thing that can save this is if they keep going well in the CL, which I hope they do. The only thing that can make me happy now is Barcelona and United stopping Chelsea from having any other cups. Barcelona are pretty much set to do that, lets hope United do it too.

Hats off to Dudek, amazing game for him. Gerrard let the team down but oh well, brilliant Liverpool performance.

Great game, glad I made the effort to go and watch it. Liverpool held Chelsea back well with the numbers game, but they were never going to hold on for ninty minutes. Chelsea deserved it but good on the Reds for making it a fingernail bitting last five minutes of extra time. Good cup game, best I've seen since Leicester drew with Middlesbrough and went on to win the replay.

WELL DONE CHELSEA!

Hoorah! A great result!

Jose Mourinho is the best manager in the Premiership. Screw Ferguson, scre Arsey Wenger and screw Benitez. Mourinho is a proper decent coach, man manager and he knows how to handle the press.

And I'm proper glad he told those dirty thieving scummy scousers to shut up when Chelsea got the equaliser...He put up with abuse from their uneducated mouths and fingers all game, Chelsea get the goal and Mourinho is 100% right to celebrate like that.

Now Chelsea go out and win the treble...

I still can't see how Chelsea losing two in a row (including the best result in the Euro cup of the big three - AWAY at Barca) is such "big news". They're still gonna win the league...

Well they're guaranteed the league and when they put Barca out then maybe Milan might give them a challenge....

But I love it...Chelsea are gonna go and do what Arsenal bottled last season.

Best team in England man. And a team that's actually based on a strong English backbone! Whooo!

Terry: Fitness won Chelsea the cup

Chelsea captain John Terry believes his side's physical resilience helped win them the Carling Cup.

The Blues came from behind to win 3-2 in extra-time as Liverpool visibly tired towards the end.

Liverpool took the lead in the first minute when Fernando Morientes crossed for John Arne Riise to smash a volley past Petr Cech.

Chelsea toiled and with 11 minutes to go were handed a lifeline when Liverpool's talismanic captain Steven Gerrard headed into his own net.

The Stamford Bridge side scored twice in the second period of extra-time through Didier Drogba and Mateja Kezman with Antonio Nunez's first Liverpool goal a late consolation.

Man of the match Terry said: 'We had a terrible start but we picked it up and in the last 10 or 15 minutes they looked a bit tired and we said to each other 'just keep getting at them' and it finally paid off.

'Physically we were a bit tired before (the game) but seeing their legs go gave us a lift and we picked ourselves up and I'm over the moon for Kezza (Kezman),' he told Sky Sports.

Match-winner Kezman was similarly delighted: 'It's our first trophy for a few years, I'm very happy and I enjoyed it.

'It is brilliant for us, this is our first trophy.' 

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Knows how to handle the press? I wouldn't say that, take for instance his comments earlier in the season where he pretty much branded Spurs cheats for going to a game with the intention of defending, as well as countless others (calling referees cheats, the Rijkaard accusations).

When he's not being an arrogant twat, he's complaining about being hard done by, in my eyes thats his major fault, for that reason I don't see how he has so many fans.

Shaking Souey's hand in a huff and a puff before the game was over against Newcastle really showed how babyish he can get at times.

Didn't manage to see the game though, since I was working.

I used to kind of like Chelsea. I fucking hate Mourinho though.

Feel sorry for Liverpool, as they held the lead for such a long time and it wasn't even Chelsea who pushed it to extra time it was a mistake of their own.

Well they're guaranteed the league and when they put Barca out then maybe Milan might give them a challenge....

Best team in England man. And a team that's actually based on a strong English backbone! Whooo!

I'm not even gonna comment on that... fucking hell.

I used to kind of like Chelsea. I fucking hate Mourinho though.

Feel sorry for Liverpool, as they held the lead for such a long time and it wasn't even Chelsea who pushed it to extra time it was a mistake of their own.

I'm not even gonna comment on that... fucking hell.

First off, they haven't won the league yet for fuck sake. It isn't even March yet.

Secondly, I thought you support Spurs, fucking jeez. Get off the bandwagon.

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster lost 10 points of overness from this post.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Mourinho is fucking class, he told the journalists where to go and the interview after the match made a lot of fans he spoke his mind and told everyone his opinions about Man u match with the people talking moe on Chelsea, fucking class he is