Band Members

Guest Wrestling_Man

Guest Wrestling_Man

OK, I was thinking about this today, who is the most important member to there group? Not what position they are in, but as far as a band goes, who is the most important. Like for example, in my opinion, Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden is the most important album because if you listen to the albums with him in the band, from Wrathchild through Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, those are said to be there best albums. And, if you listen to the albums with him not in it, like Iron Maiden, which is actually a good album, and then when he left, from No Prayers For the Dying through Virtual XI, they are OK but not there best stuff. So I think Adrian Smith is the most important member of Iron Maiden.

Who do you think are the most important members of other bands?

For most bands, it is the lead singer, unless they are equal part players.

I'd say that John Frsuciante pushes Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers though (although Kiedis has taken the RHCP through 20 years of being, along with Flea).

For Meshuggah, probably a combination of the lead singer Jens Kidman and the drummer Tomas Haake. Kidman's efforts in plastering the walls with his own lungs are formidable, and Haake's drumming is just sublime. Without either man, Meshuggah wouldn't be as great as it is today.

Daron Malakian from System of a Down, he has placed a lot more effort into the work than the others - while not trying to be rude to Serj, Chavo or John.

Cristian from Ill Nino, lead singer and has a unique sound to his voice which makes the band so good. Although Dave Chavarri (the drummer) also puts in a heck of a lot of work.

OK, I was thinking about this today, who is the most important member to there group?  Not what position they are in, but as far as a band goes, who is the most important.  Like for example, in my opinion, Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden is the most important album because if you listen to the albums with him in the band, from Wrathchild through Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, those are said to be there best albums.  And, if you listen to the albums with him not in it, like Iron Maiden, which is actually a good album, and then when he left, from No Prayers For the Dying through Virtual XI, they are OK but not there best stuff.  So I think Adrian Smith is the most important member of Iron Maiden.

Guest Wrestling_Man

OK, I was thinking about this today, who is the most important member to there group?  Not what position they are in, but as far as a band goes, who is the most important.  Like for example, in my opinion, Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden is the most important album because if you listen to the albums with him in the band, from Wrathchild through Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, those are said to be there best albums.  And, if you listen to the albums with him not in it, like Iron Maiden, which is actually a good album, and then when he left, from No Prayers For the Dying through Virtual XI, they are OK but not there best stuff.  So I think Adrian Smith is the most important member of Iron Maiden.

The most important member of Iron Maiden is Steve Harris. He writes most of the music, and he's responsible for their signature sound.

Yeah I think it's the singer as if James Hetfield had left Metallica I could not see them going on

Queen without Freddie Mercury would be just another band I think.

Don't get me wrong; I love Queen, but without the god that is Freddie, they'd still be a good band, but nothing more. Brian May is an damn fine guitarist, but the others aren't amazing if you ask me.

So...yup, that's that.

Shawn's the one with the mask, right?

Um, everyone of them has masks. Shawn is probably the guy who doesn't have to do too much work, just bang his 'drum' at random times...but he IS important.

For me, I think the lead singer is the most important one in the group, unless all he does is shout random shit. Then it could be anyone else, from the guitar players to the drummers. It changes from band to band.

Shawn is more than important. Shawn is Slipknot. He doesn't hang his drum at random times either. No way is Corey the main guy from Slipknot, before him they had Anders. Anders left, in came Corey. Slipknot have had a lot of chopping and changing.