X-Men 3 Director announced

Laice07

Director

I love the X-men franchise and I think Bryan Singer did an absolutely wonderful job with both X-men movies(especially X2: X-men United)...and was absolutely devastated when his team went along with him to dorect Superman Returns. So just like how I asked uf Mike Newell was a good director to direct the 4th harry potter fim, I ask the same question again....is X-men 3 in good hands?

Edited by Laice_

I thought I heard somewhere that Cyclope won't be in X-Men 3, because he got a part in Superman Returns. I also thought I heard that there was a good chance that the Pheonix wouldn't return, because the actress that plays the part wanted to get a part in Superman as well. Then there is that little fact that Halle Barrey won't be playing Storm, and I think the actor that plays Iceman also got a part in Superman...

What's this about everyone jumping ship to Superman, and how exactly does this effect their part in X-Men?

They'll be working on Superman instead of X3, thus delaying it's production? Seeing as it's being made by two different studios, if they go to Superman, they probably wouldn't be accepted back at Fox.

Oh, and the dude that plays Scott Summers is doing X3. I think Famke Janssen (Jean Grey) has (un)officially signed up, too.

So filming is being done at the same exact times?

What's this about everyone jumping ship to Superman, and how exactly does this effect their part in X-Men?

They'll be working on Superman instead of X3, thus delaying it's production? Seeing as it's being made by two different studios, if they go to Superman, they probably wouldn't be accepted back at Fox.

Oh, and the dude that plays Scott Summers is doing X3. I think Famke Janssen (Jean Grey) has (un)officially signed up, too.

If I had the authority, I'd lock Whedon inside a room and make him pump out enough scripts for Angel movies until 2020.

:shifty:

And make sure we keep Boreanaz chained in that same room so he doesn't get any ideas trying to make movies like Valentine or Wicked Prayer. Seriously, I'm halfway through Season 5 and I have no clue how anyone in their right mind would want to end that show. It's fucking brilliant. Honestly, and this is coming from the biggest Buffy mark on earth, Angel is just as good, and how often can a spin-off say that?

Regardless, I don't wanna get my hopes anywhere near up for anymore Buffyverse stuff, so goddammit, Whedon deserved X3.

I don't think that's why all that is going down. Director Bryan Singer left X-3 for Superman, and while I can't say exactly why, I'd speculate that it was because of his frosty relations with a couple of the cast members and because Superman is, you know, cooler. Marsden took the gig on Superman, and it sounds like the people behind X-3 pushed him away out of spite.

:blink:

Die.

Superman is the most retarded super-hero ever. Simple as. :D

Halle Berry isn't needed to be honest. Any number of other actresses can play Storm the way Berry's played her (ie: strolled through the part half asleep). The other cast members are pretty much invaluable.

Also, we need any one of Beast/Gambit/Angel to be in this film.

If I had the authority, I'd lock Whedon inside a room and make him pump out enough scripts for Angel movies until 2020.

:shifty:

And make sure we keep Boreanaz chained in that same room so he doesn't get any ideas trying to make movies like Valentine or Wicked Prayer. Seriously, I'm halfway through Season 5 and I have no clue how anyone in their right mind would want to end that show. It's fucking brilliant. Honestly, and this is coming from the biggest Buffy mark on earth, Angel is just as good, and how often can a spin-off say that?

Regardless, I don't wanna get my hopes anywhere near up for anymore Buffyverse stuff, so goddammit, Whedon deserved X3.

I doubt we'll ever see Boreanaz play the character ever again unless Whedon makes a Buffy or Angel theatrical movie. I'm pessimistic though just cause I don't want to get my hopes up. Whedon's gonna be busy with Serenity promotion and Wonder Woman in the next couple months/years, so who knows what the future holds.

I never watched a single episode of Buffy or Angel on TV, always on DVD. But, there's no doubt in my mind that those are the two greatest shows that ever graced the small screen.

I don't think that's why all that is going down. Director Bryan Singer left X-3 for Superman, and while I can't say exactly why, I'd speculate that it was because of his frosty relations with a couple of the cast members and because Superman is, you know, cooler. Marsden took the gig on Superman, and it sounds like the people behind X-3 pushed him away out of spite.

:blink:

Die.

Superman is the role-playing equivalent of a twink, someone who refuses to die or has very, very, very little weaknesses and can usually magically overcome the odds no matter how stacked.

In short, Superman blows. Eat a fucking kryptonite sandwich, supes.

I doubt we'll ever see Boreanaz play the character ever again unless Whedon makes a Buffy or Angel theatrical movie.  I'm pessimistic though just cause I don't want to get my hopes up.  Whedon's gonna be busy with Serenity promotion and Wonder Woman in the next couple months/years, so who knows what the future holds.

If Serenity does brilliantly, there could be more films in the pipeline...which means less chance of BuffyVerse Stuff....

And then I die a little inside.

I just finished watching Season 5 of Angel, and I just gotta throw this out here really quick: Fuck the WB.