Three Days Grace

CISS

Nice guys, generic music.  Should put out an acoustic record though.

Strangely, I thought the same thing. One thing I do have to hand them, however, is that their singles have been progressively better. "I Hate Everything About You" just got drilled into the ground, whereas "Just Like You" and "Home" have stood up well after repeated plays.

Would definately pick up the album if I found it on the cheap side.

They're okay in my mind, nothing special. One of my friend's is obsessed with them and is set on calling them hard rock too. I mean, they're close, but they're not hard rock. They're cd's okay and I agree with Zero and Midget though, they are a bit generic and an acoustic cd might be pretty damn good. I'll take my Shinedown way before I would take 3DG, though.

And as far as BB is concerned, they're decent. They are bland though, but not everything bland is bad. Again, Shinedown, IMO, is much better.

Edited by Livid

Shinedown, another band that needs to put out an acoustic record. The "new generation" of rock: Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, Crossfade, etc. have all done acoustic concerts for our radio station and they all sound infinitely better than when performing what you hear on the album. That rock sound they use is just so overdone and bland and boring, but they're all very talented bands that perform better acoustic. Does it rock less? Yeah, but as hard rock bands, they're generic anyway so might as well do something different.

Yeah, I agree that Shinedown is really good at doing acoustic music.

"Simple Man" and "45" are two very good acoustic songs from the Leave A Whisper cd (bonus track one, as the normal one doesn't feature the acoustic version of "45").

My local radio station, WAAF, had them do a few acoustic songs. Those two, plus "Fly From The Inside" and "Burning Bright." I thought they did a good job with those. I could see each and everyone of their songs turning out just as good, if not better, with the acoustic sound to it.

But as for Breaking Benjamin, I have several songs of theirs in acoustic. I think they sound bad, personally, and I am a huge fan of them. "So Cold," "Home," "Polyamorus" and others just didn't sound quite as good as they would with the regular sound.

But I haven't heard Three Days Grace or Crossfade do acoustic, yet.

I don't really rate them, however I do like "Home" and I do have "I hate everything about you" in my playlist (A mate sent me both) however I normally bypass them. I find them a little boring, the same with Breaking Benjamin.

They suck both studio and live.

They're bridging the gap between whiny bitch rock like My Chemical Romance and modern bland rock like Breaking Benjamin.

I'd say they are whiny bitch rock that is just a little heavier.

EDIT...

wow, I just said the exact same thing as Zero... so ... whatever Zero said was correct.

Edited by PunkRockPete

Guest acacia

I just died a bit inside. All these bands mentioned and it all seems to be the bland music that is about to be kinda swept over by rock's next movement when it gets popular again and overtakes rap and R&B.

Instead of getting Three Days Grace, you might enjoy Opeth's "Damnation" it doesn't have any of the Death Metal growls or music, but they display their ability to master acoustical melodies. Its something alotta people would love. Also try In Flames, although most of you have probably heard of them they are melodic deathmetal and were one of the forefathers of the Gothenburg sound. Also try Avenged Sevenfold, they are the step up technically, lyrically, and just overall from many bands mentioned here.

And yeah I do like Breaking Benjamin and My Chemical Romance. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

Opeth's "Damnation", "Deliverance", and "My Arms, Your Hearse" are all god like albums. Although, the last album has the "death metal growls" in them, but it tells a beautiful story throughout the album.

I like To Bid You Farewell off of "Morningrise".

Three Days Grace and most of the bands mentioned in this thread all suffer from the same problem...they sound/look exactly the same. I can't tell the difference between any of those bands when I hear them on the radio.

And the singer from Shinedown, my friend has their CD, and the live version of 45....he has the worst live voice I've ever heard.