Music Videos

Krazy_K

Music Videos can really help or hinder a song.

So, simple question, which band(s)/singer(s) make the best music videos?

For me, there is The Donnas, The Darkness and Nirvana.

You go.

Do we even need to ask? Only one answer and that is Michael Jackson.

He literally made music videos to what they are today and changed so much. Not to mention nearly every one of his music videos have been pure outstanding, from 'Thriller' to 'Scream'. Just cant compare anyone to him.

I'd probably have Madonna come in second. Most of her videos were so damn sexy, I love 'em all and she's so amazing with how she changes her character and so on so many times.

Coldplay's made like 4 different videos that I've loved (The Scientist, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, Trouble, Don't Panic). Our Lady Peace had Thief and 4am, so honorable mention to them. Kanye West made two good ones this year, so maybe he'll turn out to be something special in this right.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Bjork has done some truly mind blowing music videos. She's does something, that a lot of artists forget to do when making a video, she gets the video to project what she is singing about, or what she is feeling in the song. Some of her best videos include "Human Behaviour", "All Is Full Of Love" and "Bachelorette". For me when it comes to videos she has blown everyone else dead out of the water.

The Smashing Pumpkins did the same as what Bjork does, aside from there very early videos. "1979", "Tonight, Tonight" & "Stand Inside Your Love" are brilliant.

Anyone interested by music videos should check out "The Work Of Director" series featuring Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry & Chris Cunnigham. They are responsible for a lot of memorable and ground breaking music videos, like the already mentioned "Drop" by Pharcyde (by Spike Jonze), which was pioneering at the time.

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

1. Aphex Twin

2. Bjork

Check out "Come To Daddy" and "Windowlicker" by Aphex Twin...

What do they have in common? They're directed by the best video director in music, Chris Cunningham.

Also check out "Rabbit In Your Headlights" by UNKLE, DJ Shadow and Thom Yorke. Magestic video.

1. Aphex Twin

2. Bjork

What do they have in common? They're directed by the best video director in music, Chris Cunningham.

Also check out "Rabbit In Your Headlights" by UNKLE, DJ Shadow and Thom Yorke. Magestic video.

Yes! Rabbit In Your Headlights is probably the best video I've ever seen.

*Shudder.* Never again, man. Too weird for me.

Gorillaz have, so far, put out four music videos in terms of stuff from their album (soon to be albumS this May!), and all of them are wicked awesome. So they deserve mention here.

Nine Inch Nails (Big surprise, eh?)

Even when the song sucks ass (Starfuckers, Inc.), the video is usally good to watch. I just mute it. I hate that song. Yes, NIN does have bad songs and bad videos (Deep). Everyone does.

I love the videos for Closer, We're In This Together, The Day The World Went Away, Gave Up, Happiness In Slavery, and I think "Broken: The Movie" was genius, but for totally different reasons.

Yep.