Brothers in Arms

therockbox

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Ap Sham.

Anytime I plan to buy a game, I check out the back. If I don't like what I see, I wont buy it. I don't know Roxk Box decided to post FRONT COVERS as Sham said it was the back that helped make his decision. Just seems like RB is looking for a reason to argue with Shammy, really.

The MSG packaging has never been something to be in awe of, but the game carries it. It's one of those games that you know what you're getting, pretty much. I prefer the one he showed, but, either way, it's not very good. Having not seen the Brothers in Arms one, I can't comment on that.

I'm just saying, his whole point was that the back of the box turned him away from it, onto a game he knows he'd enjoy. And the back of the box also counts as packaging, so maybe the BiA back of the box doesn't live up to the game? Or maybe it does, and it's not a very good game? Having not seen/played/read anything outside of this thread about the game, I'm unsure.

I don't think you should judge a game by it's cover, like I said. The MGS3 box(es) are horrible, but the games are good. The BiA cover (in my view) is pretty good, but the game is better.

That's the point I was making. I know MGS3 isn't a half-assed job, and I know it isn't shit. By the same token, if you don't like the BiA box then fine, but give the game a chance first.

But, he hadn't heard of the game before. Then he saw the box (the back) and wasn't too impressed, then he saw MSG. He's played the previous ones, and enjoyed them, maybe he looks at the back, and likes what he sees.

His decision is ultimately made.

Getting off of this subject, I recently saw the advert for BiA, and I thought it looked quite good. How does it compare to other war based FPS?

I don't think you're getting the point.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. How can you not have heard that? Fine, you think the BiA cover is shit - but that doesn't mean the game will be. I used MGS3 as an example, it could've been any game. I think the cover is horrible, but the game isn't. You said;

2) The packaging says a lot about the game, how much work has gone into it, and it sets the tone of the game.

I wasn't paying loads of money to give "something a chance" that didn't appeal to me in the least, if you look at an unestablished game series, and what they chose to show you on the front\back does not appeal to you, that is it. I wasn't paying 70+ dollars to buy something, just to "try" it, when it doesn't appeal to me.