The 2005 Festivals Thread

Guest Booker T & The MG's

It's coming towards the time of year where festival lineups get announced and tickets begin to sell out. To help I've complied a list of the major festivals which are taking place this year, complete with dates, prices websites, locations and ticket info.

It's the hope that you can add your festival lineups that are not here, your news, rumours and lineups. Hopefully this thread will aid some people in getting news about festivals which they may end up attending.

Coachella

Date - April 30 till April 31

Location - Empire Polo Field, Indio CA.  USA.

Price - $80 day ticket, $150 weekend.  On sale now.

Ticket Info

Website - Coachella

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock Werchter 2005

Date - 30 June till 3 July

Location - Werchter, Antwerpen.  Belgium

Price -  4-Day Ticket: 120 Euro.  Day Ticket: Thursday 52 Euro, All Otherr Days 59 Euro.  Camping Ticket: 15 Euro.  On Sale Now.

Ticket Info - Ticket Purchase - (In Belgian)Ticket Info Only (In English)

Website - Rock Werchter

All of you Brits make me really, really, really, really jealous. Heck, I should buy a plane ticket and come and see some of these shows. I've got lots of money lying around.

V Festival

Date - 20 July till 21 July

Location - Hylands Park Chelmsford & Weston Park Staffordshire.  UK.

Price - Weekend with camping £110, weekend without camping £90, day tickets £52.50.  SOLD OUT

Ticket Info

Website - V Festival

Download 2005, Sunday Main Stage kicks major ass.

Edited by Krazy_K

Looks like I'm 99% to be heading off to Belgium for Werchter, it looks like an amazing lineup there are 2/3 bands per day I really want to see, and it's far cheaper than the UK festivals, even including getting there.

Download looks good this year too.

The lineup I am very disappointed about is Reading/Leeds, it looks very poor this year, from the view of comparing it to T In The Park. T had a lot of those bands last year (Pixies, Killers, Razorlight, Kings Of Leon) and a lot of those bands for this year, also especially getting The Pixies as an exclusive this year isn't all that special, considering the fact that they played nearly a dozen times last year in the UK, including 3 festivals.

I was impressed last year by the Reading/Leeds lineup, especially the 2nd stage and they had a lot of great headliners, this year it looks like they have been beaten to the punch by a lot of other festivals.

I might be going to REading this year provided I can afford it.

You forgot to mention that Bad Religion are rumoured to be playing. They have been mentioned on a few websites, and they are touring Europe in July/August and performing only at festivals.

We Love ... Homelands - happening from 1pm-6am on Saturday 28th May at Matterley Bowl, near Winchester, Hants - has announced that Beck will be making his only confirmed festival appearance at this year's event.