The 2005 Festivals Thread

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Oasis album is out in a few months which could bizarrely mean I'll have bought their last two albums in Tenerife. This means their next album will be out in 2024 when I return again.

I'm waiting for my wages to be paid before I get me Leeds ticket, shitting myself in case it sells out, I'm not going a third summer without festivals.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Oasis album, titled 'Don't Believe The Truth' is coming out on 30th May, so says Play.com

Yup, Oasis site confirms it. Theres a single out on the 16th of May called Lyla.

Edited by King Ellis

Holy fuckshits, Human League? I thought those guys broke up a long time ago. Awesome.

I soooo wish I was English. ><

American rock festival LOLLAPALOOZA looks to be making its return this year.

The famous touring festival was due to take place last year with Morrissey, Pixies and Flaming Lips all on the bill, however the event was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

However former Jane's Addiction frontman Perry Farrell who organisers the event has confirmed that Lollapalloza will return this year minus it touring dimension, Rolling Stone reports.

The festival will now take place at Grant Park in Chicago on July 23 and 24, with acts to be announced in late April.

American rock festival LOLLAPALOOZA looks to be making its return this year.

The famous touring festival was due to take place last year with Morrissey, Pixies and Flaming Lips all on the bill, however the event was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

However former Jane's Addiction frontman Perry Farrell who organisers the event has confirmed that Lollapalloza will return this year minus it touring dimension, Rolling Stone reports.

The festival will now take place at Grant Park in Chicago on July 23 and 24, with acts to be announced in late April.

NME.com

Urban grime champion Dizzee Rascal and punk rockers Interpol will join the King Tut's Tent line up on Saturday and Sunday respectively. Dance impresarios Death in Vegas will play the Slam Tent live on Saturday, and high profile rock upstarts Fightstar will take Stage 2 by storm on the same day.

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

More bands announced for Leeds & Reading Festibval:

Funeral For A Friend

Dropkick Murphys

Simple Plan

Roots Manurva

LCD Soundsystem

The Transplants

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

Some possibly very good news.

Reading Festival organisers Mean Fiddler are trying to get an increase in capacity of 10,000 for this year's festival.

An application has been made to Reading Council to increase the number of attendees from 55,000 to 65,000, to try to satisfy demand for tickets, which are all very nearly sold out - just a few day tickets are still available.

So that the extra numbers don't impact on the town in a major way, it's envisaged that the extra tickets would be sold as part of a travel package of either rail and ticket or National Express and ticket. The application to increase the capacity isn't expected to be heard until sometime in June, and the extra tickets will only be made available if the application is approved.

However, some councillors are already expressing their objections, believing that the site is already at capacity, while MF's Melvin Benn believes the site could cope with the extra numbers.

It's proposed that the site would be enlarged by making the car park used last year (due to waterlogging of the Rivermead site) the regular car park, freeing up space for the extra numbers.

A host of names have been confirmed for the GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL.

Today, NME.COM can reveal who is confirmed for the Pyramid, Other and John Peel stages at the festival, which takes place over the weekend of June 24-26.

Confirmed acts are:

PYRAMID STAGE

* White Stripes

* Coldplay

* Kylie

* The Killers

* New Order

* Doves

* Elvis Costello

* Brian Wilson

* Van Morrison

* The Zutons

* The Coral

* Ash

* Kaiser Chiefs

* Goldie Lookin' Chain

* Jools Holland

* The Thrills

* John Butler Trio

* The Undertones

* The Subways

* Taj Mahal

* Hayseed Dixies

* Garbage

OTHER STAGE

* Razorlight

* Kasabian

* Ian Brown

* Fatboy Slim

* Royksopp

* Bloc Party

* Interpol

* Rufus Wainwright

* The Bravery

* The Futureheads

* Echo And The Bunnymen

* Athlete

* The Dears

* The Cooper Temple Clause

* Hot Hot Heat

* Soulwax

* Cake

* Thirteen Senses

* Brendon Benson

* Martha Wainwright

* Tom Vek

* Black Bud

* Dead 60's

* KT Tunstall

* Modey Lemon

* Engineers

JOHN PEEL STAGE

* The Tears

* The Go! Team

* Bright Eyes

* The Earlies

* Willy Mason

* MIA

* Secret Machines

* M83

* Yourcodenameis:milo

* Maximo Park

* Nine Black Alps

* Jem

* James Blunt

* Dresden Dolls

* The Subways

* Be Your Own Pet

* Rilo Kiley

* The Rakes

* Art Brut

* Hard Fi

* The Longcut

* Morning Runner

* Infadels

* Outset

* El President

T in the Park, which takes place on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th July, at Balado, nr Kinross, has announced more acts performing on four different stages.

Live in the Slam Tent on Sunday will be Mylo, and also added for that day are Two Lone Swordsmen. Added for the Saturday is DJ Sneak.

Joining Prodigy, Kasabian, Bloc Party and Kaiser Chiefs on Stage Two on the Sunday are The Departure, while Sunday also sees Willy Mason added to the line-up of the King Tut's Tent.

And the first act is announced for the X-Tent - Josh Rouse - who'll be playing on the Saturday.