NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck you bitches for making this look like a double post.

Detroit/LA... Bad Boys 2 vs. The Lake Show...

B. Wallace/Shaq ~ Advantage Shaq

R. Wallace/Malone ~ Toss Up... their both familiar with each other, and Malone has been playing great D lately. He want's that ring

Lakers Hodgepodge of 3s/Tayshaun? ~ Lakers, simply because between the experience of Fox, the defense of George, Rush with the ability to come of the bench and light it up, and Kobe playing the three at some points Tayshaun has a lot to worry about.

Kobe/Hamilton ~ Kobe. Rip is good, but he's no Kobe

Payton/Fish/Billups ~ Billups

Bench ~ Pistons...

My prediction... Lakers in 6

Guest Hit Man 3120

MOTHERFUCK MILWAUKEE

MOTHERFUCK NEW JERSEY

MOTHERFUCK INDIANA

MOTHERFUCK to everyone who doubted us. The Motor D is here to stay and bring on those fuckers from Cali, you damn right Kobe......BRING IT ON!!!!! Cuz...ITS ON BITCHES!!!!!

BEAT LA!!! BEAT LA!!! BEAT LA!!!

Detroit Pistons 2004 Eastern Conference Champions

Edited by Hit Man 3120

Wow, Detroit beats one championship caliber team and they're completely wilding out like they did something special. I can't wait to see them lose the Finals in Game 6 on LA's home court :P

Edited by naiwf

Guest Hit Man 3120

Well excuse the fuck outta me. I love this team and I don't give two shits who don't like it. My team is in the NBA Finals and I think Im allowed to gloat a little as you would if you were in the same spot. Where's the rest of EWB Motor D?

You dont see me gloating and my team is in the NBA Finals.

Act like you've been there before, because right now, you guys are looking like the T'Wolves, and their a better team then you and got beat in 6, and they had homecourt.

You won't be able to D up LA like you did Indy. All the players on the court for LA can score, Indy can't say that. Have fun trying to guard Shaq, because he'll take both Wallace's, leaving someone open.

It'll be interesting, but with home court, even if I wasn't a Laker fan I'd take them.

Um, Detroit struggled to beat a tiny Nets team and an Indiana squad with a one legged point guard and their best player hurt. 69 points isn't going to win any games against LA. Unless 'Sheed gets 20 & 10 every night and Ben Wallace limits Shaq to less than 30 per game, this series will be a squash.

Guest Hit Man 3120

You dont see me gloating and my team is in the NBA Finals.

Act like you've been there before, because right now, you guys are looking like the T'Wolves, and their a better team then you and got beat in 6, and they had homecourt.

You won't be able to D up LA like you did Indy. All the players on the court for LA can score, Indy can't say that. Have fun trying to guard Shaq, because he'll take both Wallace's, leaving someone open.

It'll be interesting, but with home court, even if I wasn't a Laker fan I'd take them.

Well its been 14 years so we get to savor this. Stop trying to rain on my parade

There's a difference between savoring and acting like an ass. When the Knicks made the finals in '99, it was a foregone conclusion they'd get smoked by the Spurs, and they did. In my mind, Detroit's complete ineptitude on offense will mean they can't win 4 games against LA. If LA goes 2-0 at home like they should, they will take one of the 3 straight in Detroit and close it out in 6.

Detroit's only hope is to take it to 7 games, and I can't see that happening with Kobe guarding Rip, Malone covering 'Sheed and ZERO Detroit offense from the other 3 positions.

Guest Hit Man 3120

There's a difference between savoring and acting like an ass. When the Knicks made the finals in '99, it was a foregone conclusion they'd get smoked by the Spurs, and they did. In my mind, Detroit's complete ineptitude on offense will mean they can't win 4 games against LA. If LA goes 2-0 at home like they should, they will take one of the 3 straight in Detroit and close it out in 6.

Detroit's only hope is to take it to 7 games, and I can't see that happening with Kobe guarding Rip, Malone covering 'Sheed and ZERO Detroit offense from the other 3 positions.

Good, call it a squash. This team is going to surprise you all

We'll see, sycodmn. You just seem a little overconfident in the Lakers. Why don't you wait until Sunday, and judge from there before you make any more assumptions.

Edit: Goes for naiwf, too.

Maybe I'm confident because the Lakers went through two of the top teams in the NBA to get here.

Maybe I'm confident that we have quite possibly the greatest starting 5 ever assembled

Maybe I'm confident that the Finals are nothing new to use, we're used to being here.

Maybe I'm confident that we have two players who want that ring possibly more then anyone else in the league, and 10 other guys who want to get it for them.

Maybe I'm confident that the Pistons are barely average offensively, and put up numbers that are similar to what I used to see in a half.

Maybe I'm confident that after all the doubters, all the haters, everyone saying that we'd implode and fuck up, we're still here, where we belong.

Maybe I'm confident that maybe, just maybe, the Pistons are happy to be here. The Lakers don't care about making the Finals, it means nothing. Second place is just the first loser. We have a tradition of winning. This is our real season.

Maybe I'm condifent because we have shown, time and time again, that when we need to, we step up. That our roleplayers step up, that our bench steps up, that our defense steps up.

Maybe I'm confident because we have home court advantage, and the Lakers are undefeated at home this post season.

Maybe I'm confident because the Pistons struggled to beat a team that LA would have run out of the gym in New Jersey.

Tell me why I shouldn't be confident? Big Ben is great, I love the way he plays, the passion for defense, he's one of my favorite players, but like it or not, he's no Shaq. Rip is great, I've watched him since he was at UCONN, but he's no Kobe Bryant. 'Sheed, I'm one of his biggest supporters, even when he was at Portland, I said that when the Pistons picked him up it was a great move, but he's no Karl Malone.

Tell me why I shouldn't think we will win. Tell me... please.

Guest peter

I'm confident that out of any team in the league, I feel that the Pistons have the best chance at beating the lakers. It's going to be one hell of a series, if and only if, Rasheed Wallace steps it up offensively and that the Pistons need to be even more agressive on defense(if thats possible)

Malone is so O-L-D.  Sheed will eat him up

but Kobe vs. Rip is going to be great

I take it you watched neither the Spurs series or the T'Wolves series because Malone played two players (Duncan and Garnett) who are miles better then 'Sheed about as well as anyone could have.

You need to stop talking out of your ass and join the real world. While I think the Lakers are going to win in 6, I can credit the Pistons for their accomplishments and how well they've played D, albeit it against some rather... questionable offensive teams.

Sorry I disagree with your opinion. The fact is, you all act as if it's actually going to happen, saying it will happen. You don't know anything, and will only know until after the event takes palce. The event at hand will be taking place Sunday at 8:30. So see me the next day, and we can discuss there.

Edited by The Scarface