NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

Kings are gonna be champs........ 

now we all know that the T'Wolves will win the west no-doubt.... 

Flip flop much? Is this Jay Mariotti of Around The Horn fame? <_< Just proclaim yourself a Laker hater, and try to maintain some credibility. I just don't want to see your next post decarling the Pacers, Pistons or Nets as the champs once the Lakers end the T'Wolves' season.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did C-Webb get the final shot?That's just idiotic.

T'Wolves don't stand a shot against the Lakers, but, Pistons/Indy in the East, if the Pistons make the Finals, I guess we'll really see if Defense wins Championships, but I highly doubt it.

I think the Lakers are just about the only team that will still be able to play in the paint whilst playing the Pistons. Even if they can't and Shaq is held under 20 PPG. I would imagine it will take a hell of an effort to shut out the Glove, Fisher, and Bryant. Plus Malone if he starts popping out for mid range jumpers, if that draws out either of the Wallaces it will leave a lane open for Kobe. Not to mention the damage Malone will do.

Edited by Quom

I now know how Yankee fans feel. Watched the end of the game, and I thought C-Webb's shot was going to go down. I wanted to play the Queens, because SackTo vs LA is always fun.

But, not 5 seconds after the shot went down, the scoreboards in Minny already said 'Beat LA'.

Minny has no chance. Their just happy to be there, I mean, look at the celebration they already had. Done in 5 or 6.

Well...I liked both, Kings and Wolves but I predicted the Kings winning the title, so I am wrong in that.

The TWolves have the momentum right now. Yes , I am a Laker hater, but I am realistic, it will be tough for the Wolves to win. KG is not god, he is the MVP, he has carried the team so far and Sprewell makes a nice second scorer. But to beat LA they need Wally and Cassel to have great games, if Cassel plays like last night, if Wally plays like last night, then they are done. KG and Spree can go so far, they need rest too. The Wolves also need the bench to do something. If Madsen and Gary Trent make as many turnovers and missed so many layups like last night, they are done. They also need Hoiberg to become a 3pt threat from the bench, he was a pretty good shooter with the Pacers and the Bulls, but he has been RIP with the wolves in the playoffs.

I would love for the Wolves to win, but it is very slim chance. However, GO WOLVES!!!

and....GO PISTONS!!!...but I think the Pacers will make the finals, even when the Pistons are a more complete team.

Guest Reaperstang

Hopefully the Pistons can get in tune and make it t o the finals and possibly win the championship! If they won I would be goingn to the victory parade! That would be exciting!

Guest Hit Man 3120

Hey, did Jason Kidd actually make the trip?

The Bad Boys are back!!!!

Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Championship is Saturday from Conseco Fieldhouse

Pistons in 6

Man oh man, I am so glad we eliminated New Jersey. Of the four major American sports, I detest the Nets more than any other opposing team (which says alot with the Packers being the previous #1). I'm going to say Pistons in 7 against the Pacers, I just have a feeling that this is our year to challenge the West. I think it'll go 7 games, simply because the Pacers are better than New Jersey, and we went 7 with NJ.

Pacers in 6. Detroit will finally meet a team as strong as they are, and Indy has the home court which will make all the difference. It matters not though since either team will get destroyed in the Finals by the Lakers.

Gee, Jason Kidd was a huge factor in that game, wasn't he...first game 7 in his career, he can't even put up 1 damn point.

Lakers win in 6, Indy wins in 7, or Pistons in 7, I can't decide which will win, at the moment, after Game 1, I'll know for sure, or should know.

Because the Lakers have had a rest, I see them taking a game on the road.Kings did it in Game 1, I see Lakers doing the same.

Lakers will win the NBA Finals in 6, Finals MVP goes to Kobe, and a ring finally is put on the Glove.Unless, something goes terribly wrong, which I doubt.

I think Detroit in 7. It will be a great series, but Detroit plays better defense than Indiana, which will make a big difference. And from the West, I think Lakers in 6. As much as I want the T-Wolves, no one can stop Shaq on their Team, and he will be dominate, and I expect Kobe Bryant to be dominate as well. Garnett has to have the Series of his career for the Wolves to have a chance.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

==================

Pistons vs Pacers

Should be a pretty good series. Both coaches have coached the opposing team. Everyone knows Carlisle would love to take out Detroit. The Pacers dissapointed everyone last round as they were expected to wrap that one up early. Expect all the games to go down to the last minute. This could be the last shot Reggie Miler has at the finals, he's proven time and time again that he can still hit the big shot, expect Carlisle to go to him more this round. Ron Artest should see playing time at the 2 guard too. They're gonnna match him up with Rip Hamilton. The Pacers need to find a way to contain Ben Wallace on the boards Pacers in 6

Western CONFERENCE

==================

Timberwolves vs Lakers

T-Wolves can't stop Shaq. Lakers can't stop KG. So let's just move on to everyone else. Sprewell needs to have a huge series against Kobefor the T-Wolves to be a factor in this one. Sprewell has proven he can shut down big guns.....he's gonna do it one more time. Cassell needs to harass Payton at every chance he gets. He's been big for them all year and the T-Wolves definitely need him here. Shaq should drop 30 each game in this series.......it's the others the T-Wolves need to contain. T-Wolves need to win the first 2 at home. T-Wolves in 7

Edited by sahyder1

Lakers vs T-Wolves

As much as I hate to say it, I can't see no-one stopping these bastard Lakers from winning the Western confrence, and it's going to be over in 5, that's my prediction, as I just can't see them overcoming the Hollywood dream team, although I also predict that KG has a good series, although his team are going to get torn a new asshole. Only team that were capable of beating LA were my Spurs, but not even we could do that, so what chance do this lot have of doing it, none. Kobe, Shaq, Karl, Gary, and Derrek all march on into the Big One.

Pacers vs Pistons

Now this could be a good game if the Pacers make a few mistakes in some matches, and it could well indeed go down to a 7th game, which i predict it will, with the Pacers eventually coming out on top. If everything goes fine, I see Pacers winning it 4-2 in the Pacers backyard, but if it does go to 7, I can't see them losing at home. If the Pacers play like they can, and get that away win that they need, it is set up to be over in 5, with the Home Advantages, but I just can't see that happening, and 6 is what it should be, but 7 is what it will be. Pacers go onto the final, but just lose out to the Lakers, in a game that will be closer than expected.

Western CONFERENCE

==================

Timberwolves vs Lakers

T-Wolves can't stop Shaq. Lakers can't stop KG. So let's just move on to everyone else. Sprewell needs to have a huge series against Kobefor the T-Wolves to be a factor in this one. Sprewell has proven he can shut down big guns.....he's gonna do it one more time. Cassell needs to harass Payton at every chance he gets. He's been big for them all year and the T-Wolves definitely need him here. Shaq should drop 30 each game in this series.......it's the others the T-Wolves need to contain. T-Wolves need to win the first 2 at home. T-Wolves in 7

You do realise that Cassell is carrying injuries into tonight(sure he played fantastascally in Game 7, but has he had enough rest to have another big game?)?I see the Lakers using Payton/Fisher to run him down, he may score 20, but I see Payton and Fisher causing all sorts of things ontop of a slower, weaker Cassell than normal.

Sprewell won't stop Kobe, either.Nobody can stop Kobe right now, he's going to be the key, but Wally throughs a cog into the mechanics, and shifts things up, honestly, I feel he's the X-Factor that the T-Wolves'll need to get a few games.

Malone will step his D up too, he took apart Duncan in the last series, and well, this T-Wolves team, their weakened all round, The Lakers have a week off, while the T-Wolves played a game just a few days ago, giving the Lakers a chance to rest up, and prepare for the T-Wolves, where as The Wolves woulda had one, maybe pushing two training runs.

My new pediction is Lakers in 5, 6 at the most.I really don't think this is going to game 7.

EDIT - Lakers win 97-88, Cassell only played 32 mins what a difference not having Troy Hudson makes, as with him there, this series could be completely different.Hack-A-Shaq definately isn't workin lately, with Shaq going 9-11 from the FT.And Malone defiantely contained Garnett, only letting him get 16-10 as Malone got 17-11

Lakers in 4, I believe, now.

Edited by Karizma

Guest Hit Man 3120

I also said Lakers in 5. They have no one who can stop Shaq. Garnett does not want to be a center and Olawankdi (biggest bust as a No.1 pick this side of Joe Smith) and Earvin Johnson cannot handle the Diesel. Sam I Am is hurt and Kobe will OWN Spree.