NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only other that got annoyed with Chauncey Billups looking like in 3OT that he wanted to make the big play. He would either miss the shot or turn the ball over when trying to pass it. I wish he fouled out instead of Hamilton.

I was also getting sick of seeing Chauncey driving into the lane out of control, throwing the ball away. Or when we had a chance to win it in the second over-time I believe, the moron wastes clock behind the three point line, then he throws up a wild ass shot trying to draw a foul. We simply needed a basket, why were we not going down low in that situation? Too Chauncey's credit though, he was the only keeping us in the game, unfortunately he can't carry a team on his back like a superstar. I'm also begining to think that not re-signing Rasheed this off-season will not make a difference. He's another good player on our team, but that's all we have other than Ben Wallace. We have a group of guys averaging around 15-18 points a game. We need a superstar on this, and Rasheed just isn't what we need. I think we need to begin riding Mehmet Okur, who has the same skill as Rasheed, but needs to season it a bit more. I believe that we need to go out and get a big-time scorer this off-season, even if it means losing Rip or Chauncey. Ben Wallace is the only player I'd say is untouchable on this team.

By the way Jook, it was Detroit vs. Milwaukee you saw.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Guest Hit Man 3120

I was at the Palace last night and that game drove me crazy. At times the Pistons looked like world beaters and at times looked like pure crap. Chauncey showed no real leadership and the Pistons have this thing about missing wide open shots. Larry Brown coached with his head up his ass as when NJ ran out of 4's & 5's, he went smaller. After Rasheed Wallace fouled out in Double Overtime who does he put in at center? Mehmet Okur? Elden Campbell? Darko Milicic? Nope, he puts in Corliss Williamson. And when both Richard Jefferson and Brian "Lights Out" Scalibrine have 5 fouls, do they attack them? No. The game was a debacle. The Pistons gave this game away

But a side note, the Palace went NUTS when Billups tied the game at the end of regulation. Ive been to 20 or so games at the Palace and never heard the place so rockin

And that's exactly why Larry Brown will never be an NBA championship caliber coach.

The Nets were pretty stupid too as 'Sheed played forever with 5 fouls, but they lucked out with Scalabrine playing like a superstar. Neither team is good enough to win the title though they could compete well with the Pacers/Heat winner.

I agree on all counts, as much as I love Joe Dumars, I think he made a big mistake in firing Rick Carlisle. Larry Brown may be a "winning coach", but that means shit if he can't win the big one. I agree, why the hell were Cambell and Mehmet not playing during overtime? We should have been going down low, instead of having Lindsey Hunter missing wide open three's, and Billups driving out of control to the hole. I swear, Brown needs to get over the whole "Mehmet needs to mature..blah blah blah" bullshit.

By the way, I remember a game I was at last year against Cleveland, and we should have lost but Billups sent the game into OT with a three. The crowd was absolutely fucking wild, and then Corliss hit the game winning shot in OT and the crowd went even wilder. It's too bad these guys aren't consistent, you either get a great game or shitty game from Billups it seems.

Guest Sean O'Haire

My Pacers bounced back nicely to squash the Heat bad. Foster had 20 and 13, and O'Neal had a good game. Solid effort as a whole, can't wait to win in Miami

Guest Hit Man 3120

I agree on all counts, as much as I love Joe Dumars, I think he made a big mistake in firing Rick Carlisle. Larry Brown may be a "winning coach", but that means shit if he can't win the big one. I agree, why the hell were Cambell and Mehmet not playing during overtime? We should have been going down low, instead of having Lindsey Hunter missing wide open three's, and Billups driving out of control to the hole. I swear, Brown needs to get over the whole "Mehmet needs to mature..blah blah blah" bullshit.

By the way, I remember a game I was at last year against Cleveland, and we should have lost but Billups sent the game into OT with a three. The crowd was absolutely fucking wild, and then Corliss hit the game winning shot in OT and the crowd went even wilder. It's too bad these guys aren't consistent, you either get a great game or shitty game from Billups it seems.

I was never high on Rick getting fired. Then he goes to INdy and wins 61

But thank god we got more of the Motor D in the house

Who cares about the Pistons, the playoffs are over, just give Malone and Payton their rings already.

I wouldn't be at all surprized if Indiana-Miami goes to 7, they are a force at home, and that would be great, just for the Heat, who have never really been all that good, but I've always liked them.

Wolves will shut out Sac in Game 6, And NJ should win setting up Min/LA, NJ/Indy

LA Vs. Indy in the finals, Lakers win in 6, maybe even 5.

Guest bukkake bandit

Lots of excuses from Pistons fans.

Not on EWB, but around. I completely agree on the Rasheed thing. They should have kept Okur in there and let the Pistons develop some chemistry(see Nets), but instead Joe Dumars went for the quick fix. It failed.

I just hope Rasheed doesn't go to the Knicks if the Pistons don't re-sign him.

Lots of excuses from Pistons fans.

Not on EWB, but around. I completely agree on the Rasheed thing. They should have kept Okur in there and let the Pistons develop some chemistry(see Nets), but instead Joe Dumars went for the quick fix. It failed.

I just hope Rasheed doesn't go to the Knicks if the Pistons don't re-sign him.

The only excuses that can be made is 1. We don't have a true go-to guy on the offensive floor and 2. Larry Brown is a moron.

The officiating was bad, but it was bad on both ends of the court. The one call that really got me going though was a HORRIBLE foul called on Prince. Basically, Jefferson had his back turned to Prince, and took a flop. Prince did not touch Jefferson at all when Jefferson fell, and they called a foul on Prince which put Jefferson on the line and tied the game. The fact of the matter is that we should not have put ourselves in that position, besides that, we had plenty more chances to win and we BLEW IT.