NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PacaVeli777

if you look at the reply he gets the ball & almost turns all the way around before the clock starts.........but hey it happens alot, this little clocck thing has costed alot of games.....

I don't remember anyone intelligent saying the Lakers were done at 2-0. As has been said time and time again, a series doesn't begin until one team wins on the road and/or an elimination game.

There's next to no way San Antonio can come back from that brutal a loss. It's similar to the way the Giants choked in game 6 of the World Series with Anaheim, and then got smoked the next time out. When your heart is ripped straight from your chest, your will is broken. It's o-vah.

It's not the fact that LA is up 3-2, but HOW they got up 3-2. 3 straight wins, the most recent one of which is perhaps the must brutal playoff loss ever. The only loss comparable was the Reggie Miller game where he scored 6 points in the final 14 seconds to lead Indiana to an OT win over my Knicks.

You don't come back from losses like this.

Guest bukkake bandit

The only loss comparable was the Reggie Miller game where he scored 6 points in the final 14 seconds to lead Indiana to an OT win over my Knicks.

I remember that. That bastard.

No one counted out the Lakers....

No one called a sweep, most said 6-7 games, but how the spurs lost Game5, and now going back to LA, where those fans will be so pumped up, it's gonna be so tough for them to come back.

Another thing, did you see Malone and Payton after the game, you can sense them feeling it, and getting more excited as they edge closer to their goal.

It's not the fact that LA is up 3-2, but HOW they got up 3-2. 3 straight wins, the most recent one of which is perhaps the must brutal playoff loss ever. The only loss comparable was the Reggie Miller game where he scored 6 points in the final 14 seconds to lead Indiana to an OT win over my Knicks.

You don't come back from losses like this.

That's not entirely true. Sure, the Spurs backs could very well be broken, but don't count out a good team. Remember last year, Orlando vs. Detroit in the first round. Orlando goes up 3-1 on Detroit, Detroit then wins three straight, when they should have been done. This includes a heart breaking loss at home, and then Orlando outclassing Detroit in Orlando. It's definitely a horrible loss for SA, but I still think they can win this series.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I'm a Spurs fan, everyone has probably realised that buy now, and even i am feeling so down, and as if my heart has been ripped out, and ran over by a bulldozer, because when that shot went in, i felt like a peice of shit, so I don't know how the players will be feeling. Personally, I think it's over, but from a patriotic Spurs fan standpoint, you always have to beleive your team can still win. If we do win it will be one of the greatest best of 7's ever.

That's not entirely true. Sure, the Spurs backs could very well be broken, but don't count out a good team. Remember last year, Orlando vs. Detroit in the first round. Orlando goes up 3-1 on Detroit, Detroit then wins three straight, when they should have been done. This includes a heart breaking loss at home, and then Orlando outclassing Detroit in Orlando. It's definitely a horrible loss for SA, but I still think they can win this series.

The only problem with that comparison is Detroit was a MUCH better team than Orlando. San Antonio & LA are pretty much equals. Game 5 will be the one that decided the series. I wouldn't be shocked to see LA win by double figures.

Guest The Man They Call Puke

Hell of a game between the nets-pistons, the end of regulation was awesome, with the jefferson block, and the miracle shot by billups... but losing both wallaces and rip in OT ended the hope to win for Detroit.

Adios Detroit, see ya next year 

Hate to agree, but I agree. Simply put, the Pistons don't have somebody that can hit a consistent jumper. Sure, Hamilton and Billups can score, but they are streaky. The whole damn team is streaky, we either win 14 straight, or lose 14 straight. This off-season we need to get a guy like Vinnie Johnson, somebody who can come off the bench and instantly hit his shots. The Microwave days were gold, with Isiah and Dumars...ah man.