NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

Guest Hit Man 3120

I dont care what you say, my team is in the finals

*NOTE: Kid Rock just said LA sucks and said shit on cable TV on Fox Sports Detroit*

This is going to be a helluva series

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Man They Call Puke

Anybody that thinks the Pistons have a shot in this series clearly doesnt know anything about the NBA. The only reason the lakers have lost in the playoffs is because they havent cared during those games. If the lakers show up and play every game, this series is over in 4. More than likely, it will go 6 though.

Wow... who pissed in your cereal?

Debating sports is half the fun. Right now its all conjecture and opinion, and I was being friendly, something you obviously cannot handle.

At least Hitman has been around for the whole thread, but I haven't seen you, so... when did you jump on the Pistons' bandwagon? Or are you just another Laker Hater?

EDIT: Puke, aren't you a Detroit fan?

Edited by sycodmn

Guest bukkake bandit

Um, Detroit struggled to beat a tiny Nets team and an Indiana squad with a one legged point guard and their best player hurt.

haha. Struggled is an understatement. The Nets handed them the series after the first two minutes of the first quarter in game six.

The Pistons will be killed. Even if they made Indiana their bitch way before Jermaine was injured. I'll be pulling for the Lakers, even if Kobe is the only one I like.

Oh yeah. Nice going, Artest. Idiot.

I'm a Laker Hater. My Brother and Father are big time Pistons fans, and being a Sacramento fan, you must know how I feel towards Los Angeles. So now I'm routing for the Pistons, it's definitely not a bandwagon, because I'm a loyal Kings fan. Thank you very much. And no, I didn't have cereal, I don't eat cereal. :)

MOTHERFUCK MILWAUKEE

MOTHERFUCK NEW JERSEY

MOTHERFUCK INDIANA

MOTHERFUCK to everyone who doubted us. The Motor D is here to stay and bring on those fuckers from Cali, you damn right Kobe......BRING IT ON!!!!! Cuz...ITS ON BITCHES!!!!!

BEAT LA!!! BEAT LA!!! BEAT LA!!!

Detroit Pistons 2004 Eastern Conference Champions

Quoted for emphasis. You asked where the rest of the EWB Motor City was, well here is...some of it? Yeah, I'm happier than a pig in shit that the Pistons are in the finals, it's a great accomplishment. Many might credit Rip, Ben, or Rasheed, but I give this one to Joe Dumars. Big Joe has built this team from the ground up, making shrewd trades, and even pulling the trigger when Larry Brown became available. So yeah, I'm really fucking pumped up right now, but I think the up-coming series doesn't look to bright for us. If we continue shooting this badly, the Lakers are going to swallow us whole. I think the Pistons are capable of pulling off the upset here, very capable, but the Lakers are just so dominant. If I am able to get out of working next Saturday, than you can bet your sweet ass I will be in the crowd for Game 4. The tickets are going to be exspensive, but going to the NBA finals live is a rare opportunity. I wouldn't miss it for the world (only for work).

EDIT: Puke, aren't you a Detroit fan?

That would be me, the other Puke.

Edited by VerbalPuke

And I'm sure you were a loyal Lakers fan since day one, right? Why exactly do you like the Lakers, anyway?

Born and raised in Los Angeles during Showtime. All of my teams are hometown teams. Lakers, Dodgers, LA Kings, and Raiders, who were here and then moved back.

Now, here's the real question. When did you become a Kings fan? Was it Mitch Richmond that did it for you, or did you wait till they started winning?

I personally like Tennessee Titans, Sacramento Kings, and the Boston Red Sox. I guess it might having something to do with them being big time underdogs, but I've liked them since '99, after my craze with Michael Jordan (Kings).

I like the Red Sox because I live in the New England Area.

I also like Tennessee Titans, because I always used to flip-flop back and forth with teams when I was little, and I admire Jeff Fisher's coaching talent. Also the games, they are more exciting than any others, I just can't describe it. Steve McNair definitely made me a fan though. But yeah, this was about a year or two before they went to the Super Bowl.

Edited by The Scarface

Guest Hit Man 3120

Okay Ive calmed down a bit but I while wait to try and break this down without my red, white, & blue contacts

But dont underestimate these guys. They said we couldnt beat New Jersey, did it. Said we couldn't beat Indy, did it. Im not they win but this wont be the Lakers squash ala Philadelphia in 2001 and New Jersey in 2002

Guest Hit Man 3120

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 Tuesday, June 1, 2004

ESPN.com news services

Ben Wallace is headed to the NBA finals this weekend. Later this summer, he'll head to Athens to play for Team USA, ESPN has learned.

Wallace, the Detroit Pistons' star center, has accepted an invitation to play for the U.S. at the Summer Olympics and now awaits official confirmation.

"They asked me two weeks ago if I would say, 'Yes' to playing on the team, and I said, 'Yes,' " Wallace said prior to Tuesday's Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals, which the Pistons won to advance to the NBA finals. "I don't know if they have decided what to do because they haven't announced it yet."

An official announcement is expected at a later date, as U.S. coach Larry Brown, who is also Wallace's coach in Detroit, said the USA Basketball selection committee will have a conference call this week to find replacements for players who have withdrawn from the roster.

Pistons teammate Richard "Rip" Hamilton, a guard, also is expected to be named.

Wallace, a two-time Defensive Player of the Year, was named to the All-NBA second team for a second straight time this season.

"Big Ben" is known for his defense and rebounding, but entering Tuesday's game, he was averaging 10 points in the playoffs along with 14.4 rebounds and nearly three blocks per game. Wallace was on the 2002 U.S. team that finished sixth at the World Championships.

Wallace's acceptance comes on the heels of a number of high-profile rejections. Last Wednesday, Brown announced that Tracy McGrady would be the latest NBA star not to play for the team.

McGrady joined Ray Allen, Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett, Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter, Elton Brand and Kenyon Martin among players who have withdrawn from the team or have told the selection committee they would not accept invitations.

The U.S. roster now includes Mike Bibby and Stephon Marbury at point guard, although Bibby has been wavering in his commitment; Allen Iverson and LeBron James, as well as Hamilton, at shooting guard; Richard Jefferson and Shawn Marion at small forward, Amare Stoudemire and Tim Duncan at power forward; and Jermaine O'Neal and Wallace at center.

O'Neal, who had a knee injury in Game 4 against Detroit, has declined to comment on his spot on the team because he said he's only thinking about the NBA playoffs.

Brown has said he would like to add veteran shooting guard Reggie Miller to the squad.

"They sent me a list of people that they were going to discuss," Brown said, "and there were a lot of deserving guys: (Ron) Artest, Michael Redd, Richard (Hamilton), Eddie Jones, but I think they're waiting to find out what positions are needed to be filled, how many big guys we have, how many small forwards we have, how many guards."

"I think we've got some good players, some good alternatives, so we'll see."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report

The Lakers decide how long this series goes.If theyw ant to play, they'll play.If they don't, they won't.They did it all season, the went up a gear and went on a win streak.They did it against Spurs, but I see them cleaning up the Pistons, becuase I'm sure Malone and Payton don't want to wait much longer to get their ring.Sure, it would be good if this seriees was competitive, but this title is as good as won for LA.

Wallace at the Olympics?Shit, I don't want to see him block every one of my NZ Team, at the Olympics.Bah, better him than Duncan or Stoudemire, I guess.

I'm not underestimating the Pistons, and I know if Shaq, Kobe etc do, Malone & Payton will bring them back down to earth, although, I could see the Pistons not doing too badly, but they need Prince, Rip, Billups, 'Sheed all on their offensive best, and then some, to beat this Lakers side.But with Malone on 'Sheed, it's over...Malone on D has been amazing, for someone his age, marking two of the best Forwards in the game, and containing Duncan, and at least, putting up decent numbers himself to come close to cancelling out KG.

the Detroit-LA matchup in the finals will look interesting. Its the first finals apperance of Detroit since their last champpionship ring. I wonder if they will win again? But then again the Lakers won 3 out of 4 NBA Championship in the last 4 years...so I dunno.

Guest homerjfry

I was rooting for Detriot just cause I dig them to an extent, but unless Shaq, Kobe, karl, Rush, Fisher and Payton all get killed, then the Pistons are going to be KILLED. Shit Shaq and Kobe nearly average 45 points a game. All they need is for the rest of their team to score 20 and they will be outscoring the anemic Piston offense by 4 points. I take my Lakers in 5.

I think it will be closer than most expect. I don't see the Lakers being able to get 50 points in the paint (Shaq, lay-ups etc.). The series will be in Malone's and Payton's hands. I think Kobe and Shaq will be kept quieter than normal and it will be up to the supplamentary players to score the points for the Lakers. If Malone gets his mid-range game happening it will be over very quickly as the Wallaces will be forced to move away from the paint.

Pistons will need Rip to cancel out Kobe every game in scoring, then try to contain Shaq, if they have any chance at winning.Shaq will still dominate inside, but Detroit need Williamson, Okur, Hunter, everyone on their bench to contribute, but the fact is, Big Ben isn't a good enough Scorer, which is the difference.

Lakers In 5....6 at the most.