NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

Really? I'd be a little worried...

"HOW THE FUCK IS AN NBA GAME 59-59 WITH 4 and a half left?

Both these teams suck offensively. The Lakers are going to eat their lunch."

Game 1 to the Pistons...by twelve points. ;)

This will be a good series. Hopefully you stop underrating the Pistons when it comes to facing the Lakers.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of Chauncey Billups having his break-out games against the Lakers. It's almost as if ice water runs through his veins when he sinks big shots. Rasheed had a nice game despite not playing most of the first half. I think as a whole the Pistons did well, our bench produced quality minutes, and all of the starters were effective.

Also, I think that this current Piston team is a hell of alot better than the Sixers team that also took game 1. I've been saying it all along, but we have a hell of a shot at winning this series.

I hope the Pistons beat the Lakers, so everyone can hop off the fucking Lakers dicks. I've been telling my friends and my dad all along, Detroit ain't nothing to be fucked with since they got Rasheed.

Rasheed said it himself, they can't stop Shaq & Kobe but they can shut everyone else down and STILL win.

It seems to me that game one showed that the Pistons took LA by surprise. The usual laker offense strategy had a hard time busting out of the Piston's defense. Hell even if they tried a different route, the Pistons still made a lot of stops.

But I thought Lakers had this game since Detroit had a lot of turn overs in teh first half of the game. They really wrapped up the game in the last 2 qtrs. Detroit got this one, but hey The Lakers lost a couple of Game ones in the finals, but STILL won the series. In others words, they lost tonight, but they still are the odds on favorite to win the series. So unless the Pistons are consistent with their defense, The Lakers will win this year.

Wow I was stunned watching Game 1. Before I didn't believe that Detroit had a chance in this series, but unless those were the Bizarro Lakers we were watching then the Pistons do have a good shot at winning the championship. Even with Rip not shooting his best the Pistons were still able to pull out a comfortable victory. Larry Brown has went with the best plan of anyone I've seen against the Lakers, which is Kobe and Shaq can get theirs but these other guys won't. Now if they can contain the rest of LA like that for the rest of the series, we could be seeing the title make another apperance in MoTown. Also the Pistons defense has to be applauded for tonight's effort, holding LA to 75 points on their home floor? That has to indicate something.

I know I am not so certain about anything. I am not sure if Detroit will make an upset and win the series. I am not sure if the Lakers will go 2001 up Detroit's ass and get the next 4 games. I am not SURE that Jackson will coach next year with LA or in any other team. But the only thing I am sure is, this year's finals series is way better than last years. Now if they will only show shots of Jack Nicholoson watching the game in the LA arena, shouting something interesting or do something interesting then this series would be all complete IMO.

*claps*

I expected this, I'm not going to run away from it.

Detroit played a nearly perfect game.

Los Angeles, save Shaq, took horrible shots, and they weren't forced by Detroit.

Los Angeles got caught sleeping on Detroit.

Phil Jackson DID NOT get outcoached.

Kobe, even with 25 points, played pretty shitty. Of course, he D'ed up the 'Most Conditioned, Best Jump Shooting Player in the Game Today' pretty fucking well.

Detroit played a great game against an average game by Los Angeles. They caught LA sleeping.

They'll get run out of Staples Center Game 2. By 15 or more.

The Lakers press conference was fantastic... everyone was all smiles, saying they were just feeling out their defense.

What's funny is that during Kobe's half time interview he's saying "we didn't know their defense". Um......what the hell was your coaching staff doing all week?

*claps*

I expected this, I'm not going to run away from it.

Detroit played a nearly perfect game.

Los Angeles, save Shaq, took horrible shots, and they weren't forced by Detroit.

Phil Jackson DID NOT get outcoached.

Kobe, even with 25 points, played pretty shitty. Of course, he D'ed up the 'Most Conditioned, Best Jump Shooting Player in the Game Today' pretty fucking well.

Detroit played a great game against an average game by Los Angeles. They caught LA sleeping.

They'll get run out of Staples Center Game 2. By 15 or more.

Phil didn't get outcoached here? Brown's defensive strategy worked to perfection. They let Kobe and Shaq do their stuff and kep the rest of the team to 20% shooting. Prince bothered Kobe all night.

I'm still waiting for the day when Laker fans start giving the other team even a wee bit of credit.

Detroit had plenty of bad shot selections as well......let's just not try to paint a rosy picture on this.

Phil Jackson doesn't coach, so how can he be outcoached? <_< I seriously don't understand why people act like he's a genius. He's never won an NBA title without having 2 of the top 5 players in the game on his squad. I can't think of another top tier coach who wouldn't have that kind of success.

Phil Jackson doesn't coach, so how can he be outcoached? <_< I seriously don't understand why people act like he's a genius. He's never won an NBA title without having 2 of the top 5 players in the game on his squad. I can't think of another top tier coach who wouldn't have that kind of success.

well ofcourse I know that. It's Tex Winter's offense. I have never called him a great coach. But for now I'm gonna assume he does do some talking about the opposition in practices......is that too much to ask from a "coach"? <_<

well ofcourse I know that. It's Tex Winter's offense. I have never called him a great coach. But for now I'm gonna assume he does do some talking about the opposition in practices......is that too much to ask from a "coach"? <_<

I wasn't saying anything about you, I just wonder why the media fellates Phil so much when he rarely does ANYTHING in a game to make you think he's actually coaching.

Guest Hit Man 3120

I wasn't saying anything about you, I just wonder why the media fellates Phil so much when he rarely does ANYTHING in a game to make you think he's actually coaching.

It is easy to win 9 titles when for 6 of them you have the greatest player ever, and the other 3 with the most dominating player in his generation

But I knew this would happen. Its about what the Lakers didnt do instead of what the Pistons did