NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA choked this one away, and it looks like Detroit is going to break the Western Conference strangehold on Tuesday night. Congrats to the Pistons. Even though I HATE Larry Brown and bruiserball, they've been the best team for the last two rounds and have earned the championship.

Alright go pistons. Thank god the Lakers finally will be beat. Detroit will be rocking on Tuesday night.

Edit: I had a feeling the Pistons would win because I thought they could stop shaq. I figured kobe was going to be the hard one to stop but I felt they match-uped well with the Lakers.

Edited by Slimg

Guest Hit Man 3120

Laker fan.....are you scared now?

Is being down 3-1 enough?

Is still getting beat when you play your best game of the series enough?

Is being outplayed for every second except 5 and half minutes in Game 2 enough?

Is the fact you would've been swept if wasn't for a miracle on Tuesday night?

I cannot believe this, the Pistons are ONE WIN AWAY from a World Championship

See you guys are funny. Yes the Pistons are up 3 games to 1, and everyone is convinced that the Pistons are going to wrap this up. Now I'm sort of one of those who believes Detroit could wrap it up, but I still have this strange belief that LA might just be able to steal Game 5. Especially since no home team has ever swept the 3 games in the 2-3-2 format.

But then again the Pistons are a team for the ages, and appear to be ready to complete an unprecedented feet. This is good for basketball.

See you guys are funny. Yes the Pistons are up 3 games to 1, and everyone is convinced that the Pistons are going to wrap this up. Now I'm sort of one of those who believes Detroit could wrap it up, but I still have this strange belief that LA might just be able to steal Game 5. Especially since no home team has ever swept the 3 games in the 2-3-2 format.

But then again the Pistons are a team for the ages, and appear to be ready to complete an unprecedented feet. This is good for basketball.

The way LA is playing they would win game 5 and then get blown out in game 6 or 7 because they'd expect Detroit to take it easy in the Staples Center. They left their killer instinct back in the San Antonio series. Minnesota was never a threat and I think that derailed them. Had they met the T'Wolves first, then the Spurs and finally the Pistons, I think they probably would have played with more fire. On the other hand, Detroit's last easy series was way back in January against Milwaukee (I'm exagerrating) so they've been playing 'A' level ball for a while now. I still can't believe they almost lost to a shitty New Jersey team though, maybe that's why I couldn't see how good the Pistons could be.

Edited by naiwf

The series IS NOT over, not by any means.  If any team can win three in a row, it is the Lakers especially with Game 6 & 7 at Staples

Lakers of the past.....perhaps. Not this bunch. Other then Shaq, all the Lakers have been shut down throughout the series. BTW, what's Kobe's shooting % for the series?

Guest Hit Man 3120

Lakers of the past.....perhaps. Not this bunch. Other then Shaq, all the Lakers have been shut down throughout the series. BTW, what's Kobe's shooting % for the series?

39.1% 36 for 92

This is surreal for me, seeing the Pistons continue their winning ways. I am thrilled that they have taken the 3-1 lead. I have been following this team for a number of years since their back to back championship in 89-90, and 90-91. It is great to see the Pistons one game away from the NBA crown. I am prepared to celebrate like a mad man if things go as they should for the Pistons. I know many hate the Pistons style of basketball, but I love it. I love it for the simple fact that it wins games, even if it is dirty. It has also been nice to see the Pistons prove that they can score, despite what many of their detractors initially thought.

Minnesota was never a threat and I think that derailed them. Had they met the T'Wolves first, then the Spurs and finally the Pistons, I think they probably would have played with more fire.

If that isn't one of the single most crappiest excuses I've heard. How can you tell me a team of professionals cannot play with fire at the biggest stage of their profession?

If the Lakers can't get motivated to play for the NBA Championship, then they shouldn't even be here. But they are. They've been here before and they know what it takes to win. Although the Pistons win someone always has to say LA didn't bring it all, just face up to it and admit the Pistons are great. Hell I've done it, and I rooted against the Pistons in all of their previous series. It wasn't until after Game 1 that I realized how good a team this was.

I guess it will just take a championship for people to realize this team is great.