NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

Guest Reaperstang

This isn't for just the NBA Finals. Sean you don't like me and you aren't admin. Either offer an opinion with that or don't post please.

Pacers definately will compete and a rivalry is brewing between them and the Pistons. Nets are still good and aren't much different from when t hey went to the finals.

Edited by JuggaloNinjaLee

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is that it doesn't need it's own thread.

Do you see a thread asking who the MVP will be? No it was asked in the playoffs thread.

Do you a thread asking if the Lakers will be split up? No it was asked in the playoffs thread.

Do you see a thread asking if the Pacers are a dynasty or a flash in the pan? No you... oh, wait, you do, because you're an idiot.

You're right, I don't like you, and it's because of stupid shit that you do. So stop, and I'll like you more.

Even if you don't care, do everyone besides me a favor and stop anyway.

Guest Reaperstang

Pistons are only possibly losing 2 people this offseason. Whoever they dont protect from Charlotte and POSSIBLY Rasheed. Okur I am 99% sure will resign.

Typical NY/LA fan.

What the fuck do you want me to do, sit around and listen to guys like Hitman be assholes about it?

For the record, if the Lakers won, I would have said 'Yah, we are the champions, Shaq was the shit, too bad the team will be broke up' and it would have been done. Don't try to assume when you don't fucking know me.

Now, when the Oakland Raiders win another SuperBowl, then you'll see some shit talking, I love my Raiders.

Oh, and I came in and said it when it was 71-55 because the way the Lakers were playing made me physically ill, just like the way the Raiders played against Tampa Bay in the SuperBowl made me physically ill. When Ben Wallace, who's a great player in the mode of Rodman, who is probably my favorite NBA player of all time, slammed home that putback, I gave up, because it was over.

Nice try at a cheap shot, but when you assume you make an ass out of you and me.

Guest batsman

Ok first of all congratulations to the Detroit Pistons. I'm a dallas fan but still took notice. I fell sorroy for Karl Malone. His waited all his cerear for this and they failed while he was injured. Let me say one thing though. I watched the first quater as i'm in australia and my brothers came home and they hate basketball but with what i saw in that quater they will not go back to back because they just ARE NOT that good. They played above there ability.

My opinion is that it doesn't need it's own thread.

Do you see a thread asking who the MVP will be? No it was asked in the playoffs thread.

Do you a thread asking if the Lakers will be split up? No it was asked in the playoffs thread.

Do you see a thread asking if the Pacers are a dynasty or a flash in the pan? No you... oh, wait, you do, because you're an idiot.

You're right, I don't like you, and it's because of stupid shit that you do. So stop, and I'll like you more.

Even if you don't care, do everyone besides me a favor and stop anyway.

Easily fixed.

Merged. :)

What the fuck do you want me to do, sit around and listen to guys like Hitman be assholes about it?

For the record, if the Lakers won, I would have said 'Yah, we are the champions, Shaq was the shit, too bad the team will be broke up' and it would have been done. Don't try to assume when you don't fucking know me.

Now, when the Oakland Raiders win another SuperBowl, then you'll see some shit talking, I love my Raiders.

Oh, and I came in and said it when it was 71-55 because the way the Lakers were playing made me physically ill, just like the way the Raiders played against Tampa Bay in the SuperBowl made me physically ill. When Ben Wallace, who's a great player in the mode of Rodman, who is probably my favorite NBA player of all time, slammed home that putback, I gave up, because it was over.

Nice try at a cheap shot, but when you assume you make an ass out of you and me.

Calm down. What's with you and Naiwf flipping over everything. The point is that throughout the playoffs you've been saying Lakers this, Lakers that. Throughout this series you've been rambling that the Pistons won't win. Sure hitman is an idiot, no one is arguing that but there are other people posting here......stick up for your team a bit.

So what constitutes a dynasty then, 4 in a row? 5? 6? Surely the dynasty ended two years ago, but it was a dynasty just the same.

If LA trades Kobe for T-Mac, they won't ever make it back to the Western Conference Finals. T-Mac is less of a team player than Kobe, and a worse shooter/defender/passer etc. Shaq for Hill and even 2 or 3 number 1's is grounds for a collusion investigation as it might very well be the worst trade ever.

I hate the Lakers.....but yeah, this was a Dynasty.

How do you figure that on the trade? Kobe and T-Mac have pretty much the same shooting percentage over their careers with T-Mac being better from beyond the arc I believe. Keep in mind that defenses were designed to stop T-Mac alone, in LA Kobe had Shaq. To say they won't make it to the Finals with Shaq and T-Mac is simply retarded. Nevermind the fact that the two of them are good friends. Hill would be part of the deal for Shaq to balance out the salaries. There are a lot of people who believe LA could rebuild around Kobe (since he's 8 years younger then Shaq) and Okafor.

Ok first of all congratulations to the Detroit Pistons. I'm a dallas fan but still took notice. I fell sorroy for Karl Malone. His waited all his cerear for this and they failed while he was injured. Let me say one thing though. I watched the first quater as i'm in australia and my brothers came home and they hate basketball but with what i saw in that quater they will not go back to back because they just ARE NOT that good. They played above there ability.

I can't see how the Pistons played above their ability, and if they did, then the Lakers played WAY below their ability. Care to explain that batsman? :)

Anyway, congrats to the Pistons, they clearly outplayed the Lakers in this series, and if they keep this group of players, I know it's a bit early, but I can see them getting back to the finals.

Edited by Magus978

Calm down. What's with you and Naiwf flipping over everything. The point is that throughout the playoffs you've been saying Lakers this, Lakers that.  Throughout this series you've been rambling that the Pistons won't win. Sure hitman is an idiot, no one is arguing that but there are other people posting here......stick up for your team a bit.

I hate the Lakers.....but yeah, this was a Dynasty.

How do you figure that on the trade? Kobe and T-Mac have pretty much the same shooting percentage over their careers with T-Mac being better from beyond the arc I believe. Keep in mind that defenses were designed to stop T-Mac alone, in LA Kobe had Shaq. To say they won't make it to the Finals with Shaq and T-Mac is simply retarded. Nevermind the fact that the two of them are good friends. Hill would be part of the deal for Shaq to balance out the salaries. There are a lot of people who believe LA could rebuild around Kobe (since he's 8 years younger then Shaq) and Okafor.

What am I supposed to say? We got outplayed, and this team won't be back next year. I see no reason to go 'well, there's always next year', because their won't BE a next year for this team, it was a one time deal.

I hate the idea of dealing either Shaq or Kobe. You have to try and keep Kobe, or let him go in free agency, I don't want T-Mac, he's worse then Kobe when it comes to not being a team player. I'd like to see Nick Van Exel back in LA though.

I don't want T-Mac, he's worse then Kobe when it comes to not being a team player

How in the blue hell can any of you justify that T-Mac is a worse team player then Kobe. T-Mac has to be a ballhog in Orlando, because they have no one capable of doing anything big other then T-Mac. And since when did you become a member of the Lakers front office? "I don't want T-Mac." No one cares what you want. I bet if T-Mac came to LA and lead them to a championship you'd be alll over him.

And yes these Lakers were a dynasty. These days in professional sports whenever you can manage to win back-to-back championships, let alone 3 in a row and make it to 4 NBA Finals in 5 Years that has to be something special.

I don't want T-Mac, he's worse then Kobe when it comes to not being a team player

How in the blue hell can any of you justify that T-Mac is a worse team player then Kobe. T-Mac has to be a ballhog in Orlando, because they have no one capable of doing anything big other then T-Mac. And since when did you become a member of the Lakers front office? "I don't want T-Mac." No one cares what you want. I bet if T-Mac came to LA and lead them to a championship you'd be alll over him.

And yes these Lakers were a dynasty. These days in professional sports whenever you can manage to win back-to-back championships, let alone 3 in a row and make it to 4 NBA Finals in 5 Years that has to be something special.

I think Darven Ham and Lindsay Hunter will be put on the chopping block for the expansion draft. With Hunter possibly retiring this season or next season they have a good back up PG in Mike James. If Okur wants some money he'll leave, if he wants any remote success he'll stay in Detroit.

Everybody that doubted the Pistons, and that isn't limited to people on this board, but every sports analyst, writer, and/or anchor shall now dine on this...

crows.jpg

Ok, all joking aside, let me first tip my hat to Joe Dumars. Without Joe, this team may never have been assembled. From the begining of Joe's term as GM, he has made shrewd move after shrewd move, and last night he enjoyed the fruits of his labor. This really was a huge moment for me, I've been a long-time Pistons fan, dating back to the Bad Boys (when I was still only a youngin). I remember watching Isiah's last game, the drafting of Grant Hill, so many wasted first rounds in the mid-90s, a couple of bad years, and then Joe's new look Pistons. I have to give credit to each and every Detroit Pistons player as all of them throughout the season have come up huge for us, at one point or another. So again, congratulations to my Detroit Pistons, the fans of Detroit thank you and love you, and hope to be here again next year.

As for next year, we have Carlos Delfino coming from Argentina. I'm excited to see him play, as he has drawn comparisons to Michael Finley and Manu Ginobli. I've also heard that Rasheed was still liking the interest New York has shown him. Of course I can't fathom any reason for Rasheed to leave D-Town for NY (money sure, but the Pistons can still offer him a nice contract). Even if Rasheed does leave town I wont be bummed, because I think we have a very special player in Mehmet Okur.

I am happier than a pig in shit in right now, and I'm going to enjoy this title.

What the fuck is your problem? Kobe has shown that he will pass at times, T-Mac won't. Hell, T-Mac LEFT a team because he wasn't the 'star', tell me how that shows he would be a team player.

No, I'm not a member of the front office, but Kobe is a special player, and BETTER then T-Mac. T-Mac cocksuckers need to get that through their heads. Kobe has been an instrumental part of a dynasty, and T-Mac hasn't done shit.

And no, I wouldn't be on his nuts because I don't like him as a player at all. I'd be happy if he HELPED get us to another championship, because he sure as hell can't LEAD us to one, but I'd rather not have him on the team at all.

What the fuck is your problem? Kobe has shown that he will pass at times, T-Mac won't. Hell, T-Mac LEFT a team because he wasn't the 'star', tell me how that shows he would be a team player.

This is just blind admiration for Kobe. How would you explain T-Mac averaging more assists on a worse team if T-Mac doesn't like to pass the ball?

Kobe has been an instrumental part of a dynasty, and T-Mac hasn't done shit.

If you think T-Mac with Shaq wouldn't result in an NBA championship you're retarded beyond belief. T-Mac has taken his own team to the playoffs........Lakers are sub .500 without Shaq. Go figure.

You're talking like Kobe's the reason you won the championships. You could put any of VC, AI, T-Mac with Shaq and they'd win.

Edited by sahyder1

Guest Hit Man 3120

I think Pistons fans as a whole have the right to gloat. Nobody gave us a real shot. We were supposed to be a pushover annd whatever. And some people still have the nerve to say it was because the Lakers didn't do something. Get a clue, the Pistons were the better team for the WHOLE series

Props to Joe Dumars. I was hellua pissed when he fired Rick Carlisle but it was the right move. He crafted this team PERFECTLY and the Sheed trade put em over the top

Props to Larry Brown who finally has a World Championship. I was not in favor of him coming here but it was the right move and got the best out of everyone. He got them to play the right way. And he's such a good guy. First thing he says on the podium, he thanks Rick Carlisle and wished that Chucky, Michael Curry, JB and Uncle Cliffy were there. A great guy. ]

Props to Danny Ainge, the President of Basketball Operations for the Boston Celtics. If it wasn't for him trying to ruin the Celtics, the Sheed trade couldnt of gone through. And he gave us Mike James and took on Chucky Atkins albatross of a contract

No, I'm not a member of the front office, but Kobe is a special player, and BETTER then T-Mac. T-Mac cocksuckers need to get that through their heads. Kobe has been an instrumental part of a dynasty, and T-Mac hasn't done shit.

And no, I wouldn't be on his nuts because I don't like him as a player at all. I'd be happy if he HELPED get us to another championship, because he sure as hell can't LEAD us to one, but I'd rather not have him on the team at all.

That's pretty much my stance on T-Mac. As much as the Knicks suck right now, I wouldn't want him on my team either. Kobe I could live with since he'd at least bring excitement to the Garden, similar to the way Marbury did, but on a much larger scale. People would care about the Knicks again. If they somehow managed to get T-Mac, he would just bring headaches. McGrady whines about his teammates in Orlando, but left a great situation in Toronto.

Earlier this year he said he wants to play for a winner, but not a team where he'd help them get to the top, but a team a he could TAKE to the top. The guy's a moron. Why else would you rather go to Phoenix than San Antonio or LA? He wants to be THE star, and he will end up just like Dominique Wilkins with 20,000+ points and ZERO NBA titles. Say what you will about Kobe, but he'll get his 20,000 too, and will do so with at least 3 rings to his credit.

As for Detroit, I'm happy for Joe Dumars (who was the only Bad Boy I liked back in the day), Billups, Rip and the Wallaces. They deserved the ring. I can't say the same about Larry Brown, the role players and Darko since they all walked into a great situation.

That's pretty much my stance on T-Mac. As much as the Knicks suck right now, I wouldn't want him on my team either. Kobe I could live with since he'd at least bring excitement to the Garden, similar to the way Marbury did, but on a much larger scale. People would care about the Knicks again. If they somehow managed to get T-Mac, he would just bring headaches. McGrady whines about his teammates in Orlando, but left a great situation in Toronto.

T-Mac woudn't bring excitement to the Garden? Kobe's had problems with his team and he's had far better talent around him. T-Mac went to the playoffs with Pat Garrity as his #2 option. Switch Kobe and T-Mac and the Lakers would still be dominant and the Magic would still have missed the playoffs this year. Did you even take a look at who T-Mac was playing with this year? No one not name Shaq could've won with that group. There were a lot of factors in him leaving Toronto.....and Butch Carter was a HUGE part of it. Don't comment on things you don't know.

I can't say the same about Larry Brown, the role players and Darko since they all walked into a great situation.

Yeah, Brown only led the team to a crazy defensive strategy that made the Lakers look like a joke. Ofcourse he had nothing to do with it......he just walked into a great situoation :rolleyes: Darko? Where did that even come from?

I think Pistons fans as a whole have the right to gloat.  Nobody gave us a real shot.  We were supposed to be a pushover annd whatever.  And some people still have the nerve to say it was because the Lakers didn't do something.  Get a clue, the Pistons were the better team for the WHOLE series

Not saying you don't have the right to gloat, but I have the right not to listen to that shit.

and sahyder, why do you insist on pushing T-Mac? He's NOT better then Kobe. Kobe is CLUTCH, T-Mac, not clutch. Kobe has THREE rings, ones in which he contributed greatly, T-Mac has one playoff series in which he couldn't even close down a team he had down 3-1. Don't try and pimp T-Mac as some amazing great player. Good? Yes. Kobe? HELL NO!

And naiwf, no talking shit about 'Nique... the Human Highlight Film ruled back in the days when NBA teams knew how to play offense.