Transformers

TMM

It's my understanding, based on that Beast Wars Transformers that was out recently (just because I watched the original series as a young kid, and I didn't pay attention to that stuff), that at some point, they scan the area and than get transformed forms based on that. This can be cool if you get a jet or something, but not so much for guys like Soundwave, who get to Transform into a tape recorder (don't get me wrong, he was clearly one of the more bad-ass ones...Transforming tapes shot out of chest? Damn straight).

From what I've been led to believe, it's part of their genetic code to scan the area for the most dominant lifeform, and then to develop the ability to transform into that lifeform in order to blend in to the environment.

When they crash-landed on Earth, their sensors came to the conclusion that vehicles and machinery were the dominant lifeform, partly due to their abundance, and partly due to the Transformers' own robotic genetic make-up, thanks to them coming from a robotic planet.

Or something along those lines.

From what I've been led to believe, it's part of their genetic code to scan the area for the most dominant lifeform, and then to develop the ability to transform into that lifeform in order to blend in to the environment.

When they crash-landed on Earth, their sensors came to the conclusion that vehicles and machinery were the dominant lifeform, partly due to their abundance, and partly due to the Transformers' own robotic genetic make-up, thanks to them coming from a robotic planet.

Or something along those lines.

So wait...a tape-recorder is one one of the most dominant lifeforms on Earth? :shifty:

I'm pretty sure it goes cars, trucks, construction equipment, military vehicles, dinosaurs, a tape recorder, then all the "living" things. obviosuly, you slept through that grade 10 biology class.

Speaking of which, that show would have been mighty different if they had all ended up being a variety of plants or something, eh? I have to say, though, that a giant transforming robo-ameoba bouncing down the street is something I'd like to see at least once before I die.

Who cares about Hotrod, I hate him......he basically took out Galvatron and Unicron together :(

Here I go being a geek....

In the first episode of Transformers, there ship which had crash landed on the earth during the age of Dinosaurs, came back online.

From data right before they crashed, it realized they were on an alien planet, and that the Formers must fit in, or otherwise they will be quickly noticed.

The ship sent a small probe to scan things for them to change into to hide there appearance.

It scanned Cars, Trucks, Planes, etc. as well as a tape recorder (Soundwave) and a gun (Megatron)

Why does Megatron bother transforming anyway? He turns into a gun, when he already has a gun available to him prior to transforming...

:lol:

It's so true. Also...how can he fire himself when nobody's holding him? I've seen that happen in the cartoon.

Guest PlagueUK

Hot Rod first appeared in the film which was set in 2005, which apparently was 20 years in the future at the time and that's what they thought cars would look like in the future obviously. As you do lol

Why does Megatron bother transforming anyway? He turns into a gun, when he already has a gun available to him prior to transforming...

:lol:

It's so true. Also...how can he fire himself when nobody's holding him? I've seen that happen in the cartoon.