Love songs?

Steven

The number one love song of all time as far as I'm concerned is Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed. Can bring tears to my eyes.

Other gooduns:

Beatles - Something

Beatles - Baby, It's You

Beatles - Here, There And Everywhere

Wings - Hold Me Tight

Wings - My Love

Wings - No Words

John Lennon - Woman

David Gray - This Year's Love

The Platters - Earth Angel

Lazyboy - It's All About Love

The Jackson 5 - I'll Be There

Elton John - Your Song

Bryan Adams - Everything I Do

Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight

Probably not in the context you're thinking but John Lennon - Beautiful Boy is one of the most beautiful love songs you'll ever hear.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

You're probably right. I tend to think of it as he's been hurt before but he retains hope. The threatening "This year's love had better last" kinda sticks with your theory though, lol. Beautiful melody, though. Kinda makes the lyrics creep up on you without realising.

Another song would be James Taylor - Something In The Way She Moves. He has a ton of great love songs, actually.

Edited by Underage Politician

You're probably right. I tend to think of it as he's been hurt before but he retains hope. The threatening "This year's love had better last" kinda sticks with your theory though, lol. Beautiful melody, though. Kinda makes the lyrics creep up on you without realising.

Another song would be James Taylor - Something In The Way She Moves. He has a ton of great love songs, actually.

Weirdly enough, considering my CD collection is full of Metal (Black, Thrash, Power, Death etc etc) and Rock, and I have a large CD collection, David Gray's "White Ladder" easily goes into my top 5 or so. It's awesome.

I hold him in high regard as well. He's gotten no press here, but a record store had his album playing in the background once while I was having a look around. I asked them who it was, and his name stuck in the back of my head. I heard 'This Year's Love' in The Girl Next Door, then went out and bought the album. And the rest, they say, is history.

I'd say he's my style, though. I'm a big softy.

I hold him in high regard as well. He's gotten no press here, but a record store had his album playing in the background once while I was having a look around. I asked them who it was, and his name stuck in the back of my head. I heard 'This Year's Love' in The Girl Next Door, then went out and bought the album. And the rest, they say, is history.

I'd say he's my style, though. I'm a big softy.

I know a lot of people hate "middle of the road music", but I love a bit of adult contemporary. David Gray, Damien Rice, Norah Jones, Jeff Buckley, Elliott Smith.....all does it for me.

I know a lot of people hate "middle of the road music", but I love a bit of adult contemporary. David Gray, Damien Rice, Norah Jones, Jeff Buckley, Elliott Smith.....all does it for me.

All five are favourites of mine. Especially Damien Rice. O is amazing amazing amazing. You should check out Sarah Blasko if you get a chance. A little poppier than those mentioned but still very contemporary. I love good female vocalists.

Edited by Underage Politician

All five are favourites of mine. Especially Damien Rice. O is amazing amazing amazing. You should check out Sarah Blasko if you get a chance. A little poppier than those mentioned but still very contemporary. I love good female vocalists.

O was easily my fave album of 2004, just awesome.

I'll look into Sarah Blasko, although I'm not a big femal vocals fan, for some reason. Norah Jones is one of my exceptions :thumbsup:

Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers album L.A.M.F. is full of quite a few good love songs. From that album my favorites would "I wanna be loved", "Going Steady", "I love you", "Baby Talk" and "Do you love me?". It's definitely one of my all-time favorite albums, and the love songs are great without being too sappy.

Here's a few more various love songs...

Savage - The Nuns

Baby that's alright - The Kids

I'm your man - Richard Hell and the Voidoids

For You - Anti Nowhere League

Baby Let's Twist - The Dictators

I wanna be your boyfriend - The Ramones

The Hungry Wolf - X

Trudie Trudie - The Gears

Kiss me deadly - Generation-X

I'm a pretender - The Exploding Hearts

Gimme Some Head - G.G. Allin ( :pervert: )

I guess 'Sway' by Bic Runga is a love song, it's a personal favourite of mine, it's a relationship song anyway.

'Into Your Arms' and 'Drug Buddy' by the Lemonheads are really bittersweet love songs, about really dependant love. Nice though.

'Just like Heaven' by the Cure is a fucking awesome song as well, same goes for 'Friday, I'm in Love'.

How could I forget that touching, romantic ode by 50 Cent - 'Candy Shop'?