Mitch Hedberg died

BlackFlagg

Someone told me they were talking about it on Stern, didn't think it was true but Comedy Central has this picture on there web site and this in his io...

"Tragically, Mitch Hedberg passed away this week. Mitch was a beloved member of the Comedy Central family, and we join fans in our sadness. He will be missed. "

No idea what happened yet, but this sucks :(

post-52-1112293163.jpg

post-52-1112293163.jpg

Supposedly wasa drug overdose..heroine or something like that..

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/hipclicks/blog.htm

Thursday, March 31:

Remembering a funnyman: This morning Howard Stern announced that comedian Mitch Hedberg, a frequent guest on The Howard Stern Show and a favorite on college campuses, has died at age 37. A spokesman for Hedberg's agent just confirmed to me that it's true.

Hedberg last appeared on Stern's show just two weeks ago. According to this profile, which ran last week in the Richmond Times-Dispatch, Hedberg made 10 appearances on The Late Show with David Letterman and had been compared to Steven Wright because of his quick jokes and offbeat sense of humor. His wife, Lynn Shawcroft, often joined him on the road as his opening act.

A sample Hedberg one-liner: "If you could understand Morse Code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy." Posted 12:18 p.m.

Horrible news. Mitch was my favorite standup comedian. He had a unique delivery method and an inventive mind for dry humor that is on par with that of Steven Wright. I saw him live a few months back at the State theater and it was hilarious.

Sadly though, I am not really shocked that this happened. When I saw him he got plastered on stage, and did a portion of the act laying on the stage behind the backdrop because he was so drunk.

My personal favorite as far as his jokes go was the round about AIDs test.

Edited by The Grifter

One of the funniest comedians of the modern era. Mitch truly was one of the most brilliant comics out there. His delivery was so unique, and just hilarious. And his one-liners while obvious, were also very very clever. He has a way of thinking of obvious things no one else ever thought of.

Rest In Peace, Mitch.

Earth is missing a comedic legend.

It is times like these that just slap me across the face and make me contemplate reality and perspective. The man was funny. Not overly thought-provoking, not revolutionary, just...funny. And I loved his work all the more for it, because he proved that you didn't have to reinvent the wheel to be considered good.

I am honestly saddened to hear this, as he was still very young. Even still, I'm glad that there is something out there to remember him by.

I have been a fan ever since I first saw his comedy central presents. I thought one of his funniest jokes was one he told on the Bob and Tom show. "My agent told me to stop drinking before my show. He said, 'Mitch, stop using alcohol as a crutch.' I said, 'that's impossible, a crutch helps you walk. Alcohol is more of a step you didn't see.'"

This is depressing news. I first heard about Mitch about a year ago and saw him on Conan a few times before I bit the bullet and found his albums. Quickly became my favourite comedian bar none. I listen to Mitch All Together at least once a week, still. Very very sad news.

My favourite would definately be the Peter Frampton "stay the hell away from me Frampton, I got nothin' to say to you!" joke. Always gets me.

RIP.

Guest Mike Dude

:( Your not the only one Times said he'd be the next Seinfeld....very sad news.

edit: the pope will be replaced, Mitch never will be.

Edited by Mike Dude

Guest Brady_3for3

A funny guy, real good stand up. If was a drug overdose, that makes it a double shame because such a talented human being was taken away because of that garbage.