Greek Mythology 3-way battle...

Guest Mike Dude

Guest Mike Dude

Yay...one more dude...

(off topic: ugh...its some stupid theory that how all the chosen pope names come from a latin form of only 7 names that always repeated themselves in history, it scares catholics so I love it)

Guest Mike Dude

Nice! So should we get some rules for size and requirements (other then greek mythology if someone is nice enough to type 'em up) or go with freestyle?

Guest Mike Dude

niiice work man

anyways im really sorry but i cant do mine cause i leave to go to work in 30 mins (nightshift) and tomorow im done work at 1pm, then i go to school until 6pm, then im working until 7am,so yeah crazy hours but crazy paycheck,anyways I'll probably end up doing it friday morning after 7am after I get home....so uh long story short mine will be up friday if that is ok.

Heres my entry, in my opinion its nowhere near what it should of been, but then again at this moment nothing in my head is clear enough for me to put into action.

Its about Aphrodite the greek goddess who married a cripple smith and then repeatedly cheated on him with others and born their children. All information is from this web page http://messagenet.com/myths/bios/aphrodite.html.

No stocks was used in this gfx, pure photoshop,well except the fonts used which there are three.

aphrodite4px.th.jpg

The grungy type background is supposed to represent the immoral acts she commited and the verticle motion blur is what I see as being the pure energy within her.

Does anyone mind if I enter one of my own. I read this thread last night and thought it sounded like the most interesting there's ben in here for ages! Good work on this idea!

Is that a problem? I've pretty much finished it last night as I had some spare time.

Icarus: Pride comes before a fall.

According to Greek mythology Daedalus had been imprisoned by King Minos of Crete within the walls of his own invention, the Labyrinth. But the great craftsman's genius would not suffer captivity. He made two pairs of wings by adhering feathers to a wooden frame with wax. Giving one pair to his son, he cautioned him that flying too near the sun would cause the wax to melt. But Icarus became ecstatic with the ability to fly and forgot his father's warning. The feathers came loose and Icarus plunged to his death in the sea.

The image is to represent the youthful exuberance of Icarus (left). The image chosen is anime, with strong lines, picking out the vibrant youthful strength in the body. In comparison, Daedalus is pictured as a painting. Maturity, intellect, invention.

The eye is looking into the waves to symbolise Icarus' fall into the sea. His earlier energies and over-confidence leading to death.

The font is clean, modern, against the Greek mythologic theme, telling us of a warning that is relevant even today.

My graphics tend to be simple, clean, full of energy, modern and I've clearly used that on this.

icarus1.jpg

HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

Voting graphic wise here because it's not about who's tells the better story. I did like them all actually. Love the swirl in the eye on CSAMH''s one. Also seem to like the entry from Jam Smash. JTE's I liked too, mainly for how it just looked but I think some parts just seemed a bit rough. I like the graphic Mike Dude has actually, the colouring seems to fit nicely and the text looks pretty good, so he's just going to take my vote here.

Vote - Mike Dude