Official WWE Day of Reckoning 2 Topic

Dr. Rated-R

Guest Grapehead

Yeah, I picked this up today, spent most of my time in the creation menus, but moved onto the story mode not long ago. Played to the tag match with HHH/Flair right before Mania, then put it down(for reasons unrelated to the actual game). I love it thus far, and feel I am only going to grow to like it more and more, so I would totally take this over SvR easily. Even my friend Kyle who hates wrestling and wrestling games, likes this game. It's easily a 9/10, but I'd leave it at that since there are some things left to desire(importing CAWs, entrance attire[if it exists I don't know how to do it], or more distinctive grapple system[the one in the game might actually grow on me though]). I'd definately recommend it, especially if you want a change of pace to the SD series, not to mention how fucking sweet all the wrestlers look.

EDIT: It's quite apparent by the reaction to the IGN review, and my personal reaction to GameSpots review, that both sites HATE the GameCube and would die before rating DoR over SD, lol. GameSpot blames the lack of voice acting on the GC's incapability... hardly, when you compare the PS2 and GC, I'd say it's well within the GC's capability, but it always sucks that's why I think it wasn't there. On top of that, they only called this the best looking GC wrestling game to date, and said it could possibly rival the SD games... possibly? This games graphics DESTROY that of the SD series. I don't know if the guy was on crack, or maybe THQ/Yukes didn't front enough cash to get a decent review so they just bitched about ridiculous crap.

Edited by Grapehead

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gameplay is meh, I don't like the lack of submissions I can use yet...my guy sucks...I can't even change his attire. Anyone know how?

Erm, by going into the CAW creation menu?

I picked it up yesterday on a whim and I have to say that I am impressed, I did the exact same thing as Grapehead.. and I mean exact. I spent most of the time on my CAW, and I cannot make a decent face for the life of me so I had to throw a mask on my guy. Then I made it as far as the Flair\Trips tag match and on normal, it's way too fucking hard for me. Considering that my guy sucks and that Flair and Trips are way too good to wrestle I have to tag in Jericho, whose finisher is a submission... and for the life of him my guy can't get to Triple H in time. Grrrr.

I eventually got it on a very beaten down Flair. And by the way, the matches and angles feel like real matches and real angles, that's the best part of the game. I only wish I could run through story with a normal wrestler when I am done.

So you create your character first?!

Dammit, I suck.

Can you change it mid-game or will I be forced to start again?

Edit - I'm just editing my guy now, I hope the changes carry over to Superstar. I don't feel like doing it again.

Edited by Cole

I know I havent played this (damn UK release a month after the US), but if cage matches on DOR1 are anything to go by, you need Red hot momentum/adrenaline whatever. And I mean RED HOT.

If its a different system on DOR2 then, well, whatever.

I'm at backlash in the cage against Triple H, I play the match...30 minute time limit draw, I say meh must be a fluke try again. ANOTHER DRAW! What the fuck am I doing wrong? My problem isn't getting him down long enough to get out it's the stupid A taping before the Stamina goes down and you fall to the middle. I've gone up with full stamina and still can't get up there.

HELP!?

I thought it was how hard you have to hit the button for it to be effective, considering there's a little counter under it that goes up based on how hard you're pushing the button.

Oh, and I wailed on HBK forever and his bar wasn't going down, two finishers and nothing. He does two reversals, no moves to me and gets a special. I get him down, he hits Momentum Shift and Swet Chins me for three. The only move he hit.

I thought it was how hard you have to hit the button for it to be effective, considering there's a little counter under it that goes up based on how hard you're pushing the button.

Oh, and I wailed on HBK forever and his bar wasn't going down, two finishers and nothing. He does two reversals, no moves to me and gets a special. I get him down, he hits Momentum Shift and Swet Chins me for three. The only move he hit.

I finally beat the Cage today, yay.

Then I tried to beat Christian/Edge but lost, I had them both down enough to win but couldn't pin or go for submission without the other getting me. I tried knocking the other of the apron but by the time I hit the other guy back down (I had him down then he gets back up after I hit his partner) then the guy is back on the apron.

I somehow managed to win one tag, so...I guess it's all luck/timing.