Official WWE Day of Reckoning 2 Topic

Dr. Rated-R

Alright, so I just had the time last night to get back into playing this, and I have to say that right now, it's my favorite wrestling game of all time... eh, maybe tied with No Mercy. I love how the wrestler's react to moves and how the moves connect, that's what I feel was missing in the WCW Nitro\WWF Attitude style games, well among other things. The game also has a great look and some great details.

Only after building my guy up to get better moves am I seeing this however, but I really enjoy this game. And it still cracks me up to no end to see Snitsky's backne every time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has got to be one of the WORST wrestling games I have ever played. I got it on Saturday because I was bored at it had went down to £30. The career mode is absolute bollocks. I mean, I can't even pick who I want to appear in the season mode, nor can I choose their brand, or their fucking alignment. The script as you might call it is also really crap. I'd rather read a batsman diary.

And anytime I'm in a match involving at least two other guys, they always go for me (even my tag team partners because the AI is shit). What is the point in that?

The ONLY good thing about this whole game is the CAW, which is PERFECT. They clearly spent way too much time on that, and not enough time on actually making a game, with y'know, good gameplay (see: No Mercy).

And what the fuck is up with this? Someone goes for suplex...one of them gets tapped by someone's elses moves. Both of them sell it as if they've been shot, and the suplex just evaporates or something. The computer also seems to have unnatural abilities. It gains spirit or whatever the special move stuff is WAY too easily. I had a match with Heidenreich and I whipped his ass so badly he got in like 2 moves in 2 minutes. Yet he someone had a special, before I had one. And I'm sitting like 'WHAT THE FUCK?!'. I also hit him with about 15 finishers. He kicked out everytime. He then proceeded to hit me with that weak Shoulderbreaker sometime later. After that, he punched me, I fell over, he pinned me and for some reason I couldn't kick out, despite me being the same level of health as him, and attempting about 70 pins just beforehand. Fucking annoying. Not to mention I never seen to be able to block stuff, despite having the sensitivity right up, especially the special moves (and yes, I am doing it right).

On top of the horrid career mode (which is far too repetitive) all the options for exhibition matches suck. Even the Royal Rumble's no fun, because everyone gangbangs you no matter who you are.

I have absolutely no idea why this is getting the praise it doesn't deserve.

In short: if you think you want this game, you don't. Wait for SD vs RAW. This is the biggest pile of steaming shit I think I have ever seen. Great graphics, music and the best CAW maker cannot save this from being shit.

Oh yeah, I'm getting my money back for it tomorrow. Such a disappointing, frustrating game. *goes back to playing No Mercy*

Edited by The Kraig

Guest Anti-Hero

This has got to be one of the WORST wrestling games I have ever played. I got it on Saturday because I was bored at it had went down to £30. The career mode is absolute bollocks. I mean, I can't even pick who I want to appear in the season mode, nor can I choose their brand, or their fucking alignment. The script as you might call it is also really crap. I'd rather read a batsman diary.

And anytime I'm in a match involving at least two other guys, they always go for me (even my tag team partners because the AI is shit). What is the point in that?

The ONLY good thing about this whole game is the CAW, which is PERFECT. They clearly spent way too much time on that, and not enough time on actually making a game, with y'know, good gameplay (see: No Mercy).

And what the fuck is up with this? Someone goes for suplex...one of them gets tapped by someone's elses moves. Both of them sell it as if they've been shot, and the suplex just evaporates or something. The computer also seems to have unnatural abilities. It gains spirit or whatever the special move stuff is WAY too easily. I had a match with Heidenreich and I whipped his ass so badly he got in like 2 moves in 2 minutes. Yet he someone had a special, before I had one. And I'm sitting like 'WHAT THE FUCK?!'. I also hit him with about 15 finishers. He kicked out everytime. He then proceeded to hit me with that weak Shoulderbreaker sometime later. After that, he punched me, I fell over, he pinned me and for some reason I couldn't kick out, despite me being the same level of health as him, and attempting about 70 pins just beforehand. Fucking annoying. Not to mention I never seen to be able to block stuff, despite having the sensitivity right up, especially the special moves (and yes, I am doing it right).

On top of the horrid career mode (which is far too repetitive) all the options for exhibition matches suck. Even the Royal Rumble's no fun, because everyone gangbangs you no matter who you are.

I have absolutely no idea why this is getting the praise it doesn't deserve.

In short: if you think you want this game, you don't. Wait for SD vs RAW. This is the biggest pile of steaming shit I think I have ever seen. Great graphics, music and the best CAW maker cannot save this from being shit.

Oh yeah, I'm getting my money back for it tomorrow. Such a disappointing, frustrating game. *goes back to playing No Mercy*

Edited by Anti-Hero