Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We thew away a two goal lead at home to Chesterfield, Oi, Roman Over Here!

So? We lost 4-0 to Chester. Not too bad, considering where Chester are in the table right now... but I remember when they got knocked out of the league damnit! Fucking Ian Atkins :shifty:

A few years ago? It was the 92-93 season. That's at least over 10 years ago. We survived possible relegation from the football league in that time my friend ;)

I never meant it was a good result in any sense. It's just a little easier to swallow if I pretend Chester are a good team with a future beyond next season.

Not too bad considering the circumstances. It's no 7-1 to Swansea, let's be fair. Besides, you support Hartlepool. You lose.

I went to Leeds today to see us against Ipswich, and it was pretty shambolic, in that we had a hatful of chances and dominated in terms of possession, but we couldn't covert them. For example, in the second half especially we had countless opportunities but couldn't seem to get a good crack at goal, and then Ipswich raced up to the other end and scored the second. The first half penalty also rattled the bar, and it would probably have been a different story if that'd gone in.

Fairly disappointed about the result. It was a fairly competitive and good game though, but I'm cheesed off I didn't have a pen, or I would have got Sean Gregan and Frazer Richardson to sign my programme, :pinch:.

A good 3-1 win for Saddlers today away to Scunthorpe, Matty Fryatt scored an early penalty while Simon Osbourn scored the others.

Shame that Fryatt will be suspended for the next game for getting sent off.

• 4 weeks later...

Sheffield United

Can't believe the start we've made to the season! We're not even playing that well.

Go us! 14th is not too shabby. I want more. MORE I TELLS YE~! MOOORREEEE!!!!!!!!!!

...sorry. The "success" has gone to my head dry.gif

({) I know how it feels, I remember the dark days of a few seasons ago as an Orient fan where a goal was a mere myth. Get yourself a manager like Martin Ling and you'll be fine.