Gimme something to play

Guest George

Guest George

Aight, I'm bored, and I want to play something I have never played on bass.

Gimme songs that could be cool to play (Bass, duh)?

This is just a desperate thread, I'm just amazingly bored and I want to take my mind of... something.

Aren't Korn pretty good for bass riffs? (as fineintent is an idiot. :P..I'll qualify that...not necessarily great riffs, but they are a very bass heavy band in the earlier days, so I assumed you could find something)

Kyuss, Queens of The Stone Age I'm guessing are as well.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Guest George

songs....

Korn aren't my style, but I'll be willing to play it, however I need good songs with bass riffs.

Justin Chancellor I have played enough, and I need a 5-stringed bass to play Mudvayne, but I only have a 4-er.

James Brown is something I forgot and I have wanted to play for a while :thumbsup: Thanks for reminding me.

Edited by George

Guest George

The thing with Korn is, Fieldy uses a lot of effect, and he's like a drummer playing bass.

He will slap the bass (the... amateur way) quite hard, so that's why he sounds so much stronger than any other instrument in the band.

But as far as being a good bassist, there are dozens of bassists WAAAY ahead of him, wheter it is based on music skills or talent.

W00t, Incubus, I have to play Speak Free.

Edited by George

How about some Minutemen? I know you're a fan of them, and they have alot of cool bass lines.

If you can find anything by the band Big Boys then I'd also recommend any of their songs. Their music is funky punk from Texas, and alot say they were way ahead of their time.

Edit - Song names? Alright...

Minutemen - Theatre is the life of you, I felt like a gringo, The Big Foist, and This aint no picnic to start you off.

Big Boys - Nervous, Fun Fun Fun, Hollywood Swinging, We got your money

Edited by VerbalPuke

Guest George

You are kidding me right Apple Shampoo?

Seriously, go check out Primus or any of that stuff.

Carousel is a joke.

And Primus it depends, I can play some of the songs he plays on a 4-bass, I can play Tommy the cat (Up intul the solo, where I need a 6 strings bass) and Jerry was a racecar driver, but some are either too low, or too high to play.

Guest Locutus of Borg

Go play some Jamiroquai or moe. (if moe., try "Rebubula", "Spine of a Dog", or "Timmy Tucker"). Also, Phish's "You Enjoy Myself" has a pretty kickass bass line.

Guest George

Tim Commenford is a bassist I love to hear, even if he's simple. Of course I have played RATM first album completely. It's simple, yet amazing.

I remember Phish... they bored me.... but I'll give a try again to recheck.

And Jamiroquai looks interesting, as I will be playing that kind of music in about 2 weeks at a party... might as well practice something.

Death From Above 1979.

Kick up the bass and jam the fuck out. I suggest Romantic Rights or Blood On Your Hands, as they are the two singles and they are highly kick ass.

Edited by PunkRockPete