What releases are you looking forward to?

MalaCloudy Black

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to:

Jae Millz' Back To Tha Future

I've been listening to this guy a lot lately, He's a Jamaican-born guy who moved to New York at 10 and was discovered by Tupac's wife. The guy's got some mad freestyling skills and a lot of other good songs, mostly on mixtapes. This album was set to be released in 2003 (iirc) through Warner Bros. Records but Millz and Warner couldn't "connect" so to speak and the album was never released, and in the meantime Millz wrote two other albums.

Release Date: May 10th 2005

Ruff Ryders' Ruff Ryders Volume IV: Redemption

I just like the Ruff Ryders. :blush: Jada, DMX, all those guys are awesome. I don't think they've ever really disappointed.

Jadakiss' 3rd LP (As of yet untitled but possibly 'Kiss My Ass

At the time Jadakiss is one of my favorite rappers in the game and I doubt his 3rd LP will disappoint. Kiss of Death was definately a good record (I'd say 3.5/5 stars -- it did have its bad points) and, though I haven't heard it, his debut LP, Kiss Tha Game Goodbye is supposedly a solid 4.5 or so according to what I've read.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth (4/26/05 & 5/3/05)

Why?: I've heard 4 full songs from the album, and I have the teasers of all the songs on the album. It's shaping up to be one hell of an album. I've heard some new songs live, and those rock too. Add onto the fact that it's been roughly 6 years since the last NIN record and that's going to make any NIN fan want this album as soon as possible. I've pre-ordered my vinyl copy (4/26/05), and I'm getting the DualDisc version of it as well.

That's all I can think of right now. I only anticipated 2 albums this year, those being the new Mars Volta & the new Nine Inch Nails. One is already out.

NIN - With Teeth: I've heard a few songs off it, including The Hand That Feeds, and I'm really into it. The songs drove me to acquire some of their older stuff, and I like that too. So this is a must get for me.

System of a Down - Mesmerize & Hypnotize: I've heard B.Y.O.B and I love it. If either of these albums are anything like Toxicity, they'llbe great.

Sevendust's new album: It's apparently going to be released sometime this year, and I'm looking forward to it, as I liked their previous releases.

Edited by LK

Easy for me, Mezmerize and Hypnotize firstly. These two albums are just going to blow every SOAD fan away, or at least I hope so! I've heard two tracks from both and I just cannot wait for either to come out.

Thirdly i'd go with Ill Nino's new release around August time. Big Nino fan and it seems they are going back to more heavier routes this time round - which can only be a good thing!

Gorillaz - Demon Days (Release: May 24th)

The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan (Release: June 7th or something like that.)

I would be excited for the new Weezer album if I hadn't heard Beverly Hills.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Kraftwerk - Minimum Maximum

It's a live CD and a live DVD from there 2004 tour. I'm especially looking forward to the DVD, they go about a live show like no other band. I have there set from Coachella last year which I "acquired" and that is awesome, so whatever they decide to put on the CD/DVD will be immense. It has'nt got a release date but I have heard rumours that it will coincide with there 2005 tour this summer.

I was looking forward to the Jimmy Chamberlin Complex & Bloc Party's albums, but now that they are out I can't think of anything else.

Dream Theater

Gorillaz

Pennywise (Though the last release was fucking attrocious. Seriously so fucking bad; it was a shame after how good "Land of the Free" was before that)

SOAD (I can never say I was fan but I did like their songs. Though after hearing Cigaro I started to really get into their stuff. Can't wait for the 2 albums)

Against Me!

Oasis (Duh, it's Oasis).

System of a Down - Hypnotize/Mesmerize

Foo Fighters - In Your Honor

Sevendust - Unknown

Ill Nino - Unknown

Audioslave - Out Of Exile

Swollen Members - Black Magik

No Address - Time Doesn't Notice

And recent releases I still need to pick up:

Black Label Society - Mafia

Hot Hot Heat - Elevators

(hed) pe - Only In Amerika

Mudvayne - Lost And Found

And I'm currently on the fence on whether or not to buy the new Nine Inch Nails CD.