The Official Blackburn Rovers Thread

9 to 5

So, why not us have one? :shifty: There is at the least me, NBT (even if he is on leave right now), Rabid, someone's name I forget but he has a season ticket at Ewood and I am sure one or two more Rovers fans hiding around.

Now summit to kick the thread off with.

Arsenal tackle Blackburn in the first FA Cup semi-final of the weekend live on Sky Sports 1 on Saturday.

The Gunners are preparing for their seventh semi-final in the last eight seasons and they are aiming to win their tenth FA Cup.

For Blackburn it is their first semi-final since 1960 and they have not won the famous trophy for 81 years.

Arsenal go into the game in good form having won their last seven matches and they enjoy a good recent record against Blackburn having done the double over them in The Premiership in the last two seasons.

The Highbury outfit have suffered a major blow with the news that star striker Thierry Henry has been ruled out of the game after he missed training on Friday with a groin problem.

Sol Campbell also misses out despite successfully coming through 90 minutes for Arsenal's reserves against Watford on Tuesday as Arsene Wenger does not want to risk the England international.

Freddie Ljungberg is set to return to the squad having missed last weekend's win at Middlesbrough with a hip problem and Brazilian midfielder Edu has recovered from a hamstring injury.

Jose Antonio Reyes has recovered from a knock and he is pushing for a place in attack.

Mathieu Flamini, Gael Clichy and Manuel Almunia are all missing through injury.

Blackburn midfielder Robbie Savage looks set to start the game on the bench after recovering from injury.

The Welshman played 70 minutes for the reserves in midweek after six weeks out with a groin injury, but he is unlikely to be thrown back straight into the starting line-up.

Garry Flitcroft is expected to start despite needing eight stitches for a gash in his leg.

Rovers boss Mark Hughes is likely to field the same side that beat Southampton last weekend with the Ewood Park outfit suffering just one defeat in their last nine games.

The news that both Sol and Henry are out is oretty good news. Henry can tear any defense open when he wnats to and Arsenal's backline isn't half as good without Campbell in there and to marshall it. It's gonna be a big ask regardless for us to overcome Arsenal, but with a good defensive performance and a bit more attacking power than we showed in the league against Arsenal not so long ago, we could nick it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STOP FUCKING DOING THIS.....sheesh.

EDIT: Ok, rationally....imagine if every American started an "Official Insert Team Name here thread" for all thier important sports.....or the Cricket, Rugby and Tennis fans started doing this.

It gets too much. Arsenal, Man U, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea make sense to me.....the others don't really.

SECOND EDIT: Include the Coca Cola League thread, as it keeps them all in one place.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Rovers to win on penalties, after a 0-0 draw in normal & extra time!

Though I'll settle for a 1-0 win, with Dickov or Pedersen snatching a goal late on.

What, I can dream can't I?

If we do win, it will probably be like that. I reckon if Bolton had had 10 men in the last round they could of turned over Arsenal. If we employ a similar style and play it effectively then who knows?

Btw RW, Savage, play him from the start or not in your opinion?

If a mod thinks it's too much, fair enough close it. Just there seems to be a decent Rovers fanbase on here and if teams like Villa and Newcastle warrent their own threads why not us?

Edited by 9 to 5

• Admin

Bah, it's not like there's a flood of topics in here anyway. Leave it be!

Savage stays on the bench for me. The midfield have been excellent recently, especially Mokoena, Flitcroft & Reid - no point in dropping them. Only change I would make is to drop Thompson and play Emerton instead, but I know you'll disagree with me!

Normally I would, but I think Emerton would give Ashley Cole more problems with his pace than Thompson would. If Emerton learned how to clear the first man with a corss or corner he would be always picked. ;)

Savage, I am torn with. I agree that the midfield has been great, just this is the type of match that Savage suits down to the ground, fit or half-fit.

Guest MystikalityIX

EDIT: Ok, rationally....imagine if every American started an "Official Insert Team Name here thread" for all thier important sports.....or the Cricket, Rugby and Tennis fans started doing this.

It gets too much. Arsenal, Man U, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea make sense to me.....the others don't really.

SECOND EDIT: Include the Coca Cola League thread, as it keeps them all in one place.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I'll be there tomorrow, I've never been to a game and come home a loser, so I don't plan on changing that.

Either that, or I won't come home.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

A fair few, I'm a travel club member so I get first dibs on away tickets and my brother is a gold card holder, so basically if I have enough money on my credit card, I'll go.

I guess our official Fulham thread isn't happening then :shifty:.

........mebbe >_>

A fair few, I'm a travel club member so I get first dibs on away tickets and my brother is a gold card holder, so basically if I have enough money on my credit card, I'll go.

Was gonna say, as an Arsenal fan saying every game you have been to and never seeing them lose isn't THAT surprising. ;)

I went to Highbury the season you first won the double under Wenger. Last team to win there that season, 3-1, Gallacher's goal got me on MOTD. Poor Lee Dixon got so much abuse for being an ex-Dingle and he had no clue why. :D

Nearly time for kick off, trying to organize my half dead mum into action and my still pissed dad is bellowing out orders etc before the pub. Yeah, well cool for going with my parents to watch the football but I will hopefully enoy myself and most of my Rovers friends are down south.

Despite Friedel playing excellently they just ended up getting worn down by Arsenal. van Persie finished that match looking like a superstar. It's the first time I've been properly impressed by him. Roll on the other semi-final tomorrow. Should be an awesome game.

• Admin

Arsenal deserved the win no doubt, but they still find time to whine.

"Blackburn were too aggresive"? Oh no, how dare we actually try tackling you. Please run through our defense like a hot knife through butter.

"Todd deliberatley elbowed Van Persie". Really. And how did he manage to defy the laws of physics and biology to do it? And would they like to explain Dickov's busted mouth after Vierias elbowsmash?

Like I say, Arsenal's technical class won the day, but for actual class? Forget it.