The Official Blackburn Rovers Thread

9 to 5

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you drink with a Sunderland player, we will talk. And I have with a current one. >_>

Grayson would be a decent shout, done well with a club with little resources, local and under pressure from foreign invsetors.

Ten Cate has apparantly applied for the job, as well as Advocaat...........which certainly makes my week end better than it started, seeing as them two names could easily have been Mclaren and Shearer. If Mclaren ever became Rovers manager I'd start supporting Burnley.

• Admin

Gotta love the McClaren story. Basically he says "I want the Blackburn job", then it goes on to say "but no-one from Blackburn has been in touch".

Yes Steve, there's a reason for that.

I've started seeing Berg's name mentioned as well now. Must be a couple of journos who read EWB and ran out of ideas.

If Allardyce took over as the manager of Blackburn I'd give a lot of thought to actually stop supporting the team, I can't stand the cunt. Paul Ince would be my pick out of the names that are being floated about, mainly because I can't see Advocaat leaving Zenit.

I have the feeling that this could be a very bad summer for Rovers. Sparky leaving could spark an exodus, at this point I'd be very surprised if Santa Cruz and Bentley are in the Rovers squad at the start of next season.

McClaren and his wife have booked for two nights at Northcote manor, which is about 5-10 miles outside of Blackburn, and Williams has cut short a break in London to travel back to Blackburn.....guess the interview process is officially starting.

I'll never understand why McLaren didn't just accept the FC Twenty club offer when he could have, it could give him a chance to redeem himself outside of England and give him some credibility, he obviously wants an English job which is retarded because 90% of England dispise the cunt.

Join an Italian team, a Spanish team or even a French team for all I care, just not anyone in England esp Blackburn who's team would just collapse with so many players wanting to be put on the transfer list.

Henk Ten Cate would be brilliant, probably moreso than Avran Grant because Grant hasn't really shown as much tactical skill as Chelsea manager as opposed to Ten Cate who's very respected.

If Allardyce took over as the manager of Blackburn I'd give a lot of thought to actually stop supporting the team, I can't stand the cunt. Paul Ince would be my pick out of the names that are being floated about, mainly because I can't see Advocaat leaving Zenit.

I have the feeling that this could be a very bad summer for Rovers. Sparky leaving could spark an exodus, at this point I'd be very surprised if Santa Cruz and Bentley are in the Rovers squad at the start of next season.

Bentley really wanted off if Hughes stayed or not really.

• Admin

Exactly. It's why I laugh at reports of a mass-squad exodus just because Hughes has gone. Things like Man City will now bid for Bentley because Hughes is there. They can bid all they want, but if Bentley had that sort of loyalty to Hughes, he would have signed the contract that's been on offer to him since Christmas. That boy wants to be playing in the Champions League next season.

On the flip-side, there are a couple of players who had falling outs with Hughes who this could wonders for (McCarthy & Roberts spring to mind, and Ooijer).

The only two I could see leaving are Bentley & Santa Cruz, and more because of their performances last year. On the plus side, selling the pair of them could easily generate £30m, and my bigger concern would be replacing Bentley on the right, as I think McCarthy, Derbyshire & Roberts would still be OK.

I'm all for Shearer, but as it has been stated there is a risk involved in that Shearer has never been a manager. I was thinking about Roy Keane the other night, he didn't have much experience when he went to Sunderland did he.

Also the paper in Blackburn has the back page of, Shearer - Lets talk. So I think like RW said the papers have run out of ideas at the moment.

Exactly. It's why I laugh at reports of a mass-squad exodus just because Hughes has gone. Things like Man City will now bid for Bentley because Hughes is there. They can bid all they want, but if Bentley had that sort of loyalty to Hughes, he would have signed the contract that's been on offer to him since Christmas. That boy wants to be playing in the Champions League next season.

On the flip-side, there are a couple of players who had falling outs with Hughes who this could wonders for (McCarthy & Roberts spring to mind, and Ooijer).

The only two I could see leaving are Bentley & Santa Cruz, and more because of their performances last year. On the plus side, selling the pair of them could easily generate £30m, and my bigger concern would be replacing Bentley on the right, as I think McCarthy, Derbyshire & Roberts would still be OK.

Bentley and Santa Cruz were always likely candidates to leave over the summer, but I think with Hughes exit it will become a lot harder to keep ahold of players like Samba and Pedersen. I can imagine a lot of the team looking for pastures new now that Sparky's reign is over.

As for replacing Bentley if we do sell him, just get Advocaat to bring Arshavin over him ;)