To PSP or not to PSP

Your Mom

What happen to the Atari handheld?

I felt the same way a few weeks ago but couldn't bring myself to spend the $400(Canadian). Instead I bought a 1GB IPOD shuffle for $190 and am that much happier because of it. What can you take from this you ask? I say don't buy it, I just don't think it's worth the money. Plus, it would distract you from your WCW diary which would really suck.

If you have the money, then go for it. I got one of the worst games from the launch (Gretzky NHL) and it is still an extremly fun game, and yesterday I picked up WipeOut Pure and MLB, and MLB is easily the best handheld baseball game ever. and Some may agree that WipeOut pure is in the top 5 for best handheld games ever.

I wouldn't bother with it, at least not while it's really expensive. Unless you see yourself playing it lots...

I talked about it with one of my roomates, and this is the conclusion we came to. When we want to play video games, we're inside. We can play PS2 & Xbox inside. When we're outside someplace, we don't really want to play video games. So, when would we want to play PSP? After the first while, playing watered down PS2 games would get boring.

I'd get a PSP if I travelled a lot, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

I'd give it some time before buying it. There's always the chance that the DS could take off in sales, and then the PSP would be forced to drop the price to stay competitive.

Wait about a month after a Zelda game releases for the DS. That should drop the PSP price, as well as have a couple of big releases to try to outshadow Zelda.

buying anny console while it still is new is a wast of monney, so don´t, wait a cupple of month till better titles and bundles come around to save monney and maximise fun.

I learned that the hard way with my ps2, pretty much bought it as soon as it was released. And then it shit the bed on me.

buying anny console while it still is new is a wast of monney, so don´t, wait a cupple of month till better titles and bundles come around to save monney and maximise fun.

I learned that the hard way with my ps2, pretty much bought it as soon as it was released. And then it shit the bed on me.

Wait untill your next Birthday or Christmas and have someone buy it for you.

Thats what i'm doing

Wait untill your next Birthday or Christmas and have someone buy it for you.

Thats what i'm doing

Hmm... My birthday is way close actually. This one speaks some sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Just like others, I also reccommend to wait. I would say wait for a price drop, because IMO the PSP is just not worth it right now.

I definitely want one, it'll make the 3 hour train journeys I do eveyr month that much more bearable. I'd definitely recommend waiting though, as the price should drop fairly quickly. Unless of course you can find a good deal on ebay or something.

EDIT: Ebay raises an interesting question. If I were to get an American one, would I have any trouble ith games or anything in the England?

Edited by dragon27

Guest Grapehead

I definitely want one, it'll make the 3 hour train journeys I do eveyr month that much more bearable. I'd definitely recommend waiting though, as the price should drop fairly quickly. Unless of course you can find a good deal on ebay or something.

EDIT: Ebay raises an interesting question. If I were to get an American one, would I have any trouble ith games or anything in the England?