NFL Draft 2005

livid

I forget his name, but there's this 6'4" reciever at USC that makes (Tampa Bay Wide Reciever) Michael Clayton look like a joke.

It'd be pretty sweet if the Bucs drafted him, and got another threat in the receiving corps, seeing how the three receivers that were pretty much crucial in there Super Bowl run (Keyshawn, Joe Jurevicius, and Keenan McCardell) have all gone packing.

Good Lord, I'm embarrassed to be a Panthers fan on draft day...again. Let's see, we have the best D-line in football and our RB roster consists of Davis, Foster, Smart, Hoover and Goings....let's draft another DL and trade picks to end up getting another RB instead of replacing that Muhammad WR we let go, or a QB to back up Delhomme since Peete finally retired and Weinke's not far behind! Moron. I have nothing against the LB/S/CB pick in the first round, but would it KILL the Panthers to draft someone on offense? I know, Collins and Biakabutuka didn't turn out so great, but still, let bygones be bygones!

And I do believe somebody in Detroit's trying to win a big bet that Harrington can have a good season as starting QB because all Detroit does is bring in receivers. I'm almost surprised the Lions didn't try luring Rice into the lineup...

lol at Redskins. We suck :)

Passed up on Mike Williams to take Carlos Rodgers (which is slightly understandable considering we only have Harris and Springs really)

So while everyones like "Ramsey will definately improve and become a good QB" so we trade up and take Campbell. I see no logic there but meh.

Man was I shocked when my dad called me from work to tell me that the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers. What a slip for him, must have sucked for him waiting in the green room.

And what another successful 1st day for the Lions again. The Lions always seem to have a successful draft, now if everyone can stay healthy we might be looking at a surprising team next year. Especially if Rodgers (the wr, can't remember first name right now) can actually stay healthy the Lions will be huge. I expect Cody to do great things in the NFL.

The Lions have solid drafts every year because the team underperforms every year during the season, so the Lions get 4 top-10 picks in a row (Harrington, Rogers, Roy and Mike Williams). You can't make a blind man a sharpshooter by giving him bigger guns and you can't turn Joey Harrington into a good QB by handing him better receivers.

Initially I was shocked that we drafted Mike Williams, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. I have to admit that I am salivating at the thought of seeing Charles Rogers, the Williams brothers (yes I know they're not really related), Kevin Johnson, and Marcus Pollard running routes together. If for some reason the passing game isn't working, then there is still Kevin Jones to contend with, who in my opinion will be a top five RB this year. I think this pick effectively spells the end of Az Hakim's tenure in Detroit. This is the make or break year for Joey Harrington, there is no excuse when he has so many great weapons around him.

As for the rest of the draft I thought we did nice work of filling in other needs. I liked the Shaun Cody pick, even if we did have to give up a fourth rounder to move up for him. Still, historically the Lions haven't had much success in the fourth round so I'm not bothered. The third round selection of Stanley Wilson might be the only selection I wasn't all that pleased with. After seeing highlights of Dan Orvlosky (sp?) from yahoo's draft site, I decided I was happy with that selection over Adrian McPherson. I also liked our sixth round selection of Bill Swancutt, the man looks like he has a motor that never stops, and I think he could be a second day steal. Our other sixth rounder, Johnathan Goodard, I have no opinion on. I just hope he can provide good depth and maybe add some solid special teams play this season.

ugh. I personally hate everyone that the Patriots picked. They picked a Guard in the first round? Whats up with that? That pick could have been better used, especially for the secondary.