Championship Manager 5

Guest Nick7

Guest Nick7

okie, i totally agree that football manager 2005 is better but u gotta admit that CM5 is faster and has the latest updates although alot of bugs, but hte patch seems to fix it

I've never really had any issue with the speed of FM myself. And I can always download data updates that people have made if I felt the need to do so.

Besides, buying a managing game released so late in the season...seems a bit of a waste of time to me.

I have both, CM5 is a damn lot faster to play and runs a lot faster than FM but it is no-where near as good. The news screen with all the news isnt too specific and is the same over again. The game came full of bugs but a lot of them have been fixed already which is good. The best thing about CM5 is the match screen where it is 3D that looks really cool and the tactics area is also really good but overall it isnt as good as FM

Guest Nick7

I've never really had any issue with the speed of FM myself. And I can always download data updates that people have made if I felt the need to do so.

Besides, buying a managing game released so late in the season...seems a bit of a waste of time to me.

Edited by Nick7

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I agree, the only change that splitting up has caused (at least as far as the customers are concerned) is a name change, thats it.

Sega > Eidos anyway.

Mmm I'm still enjoying 03/04...

Everything I heard about CM5 puts me off it to be honest, though I haven't had the funds to get FM05 anyway...

It's a mere £15 on Play. Surely you have £15.

And here I thought both sucked big time. Honestly, FM and CM separate are both nothing compared to their joint efforts.

Eh?

So FM when it was called CM is nothing compared to FM now?

That makes no sense. What "joint effort"? It's the exact same company. Just being promoted and sold by someone else.

And here I thought both sucked big time. Honestly, FM and CM separate are both nothing compared to their joint efforts.

Eh?

So FM when it was called CM is nothing compared to FM now?

That makes no sense. What "joint effort"? It's the exact same company. Just being promoted and sold by someone else.

I meant that both FM and CM aren't as good as the older games in the series before the Eidos/SI split. My fav is still 96/97 or 97/98. Gascoigne and Laudrup at Rangers, good times.

FM > older CM's.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I can remember CM2, it ran in dos didn't it? at the time it was classic, but I can imagine firing it up now, nostalgia rocks until you experience these classics again and realise how limited they are.

I had First Division manager on the spectrum, at the time it rocked, but If I saw it now I'd probably cry, I was so young, I could never sign Lineker or Gascoigne because I couldn't spell their names :(