Song War

Steeb

Right, cool. Thanks to those who have given their details so far. I probably won't need all the different methods, but rest assured, anything I don't need will be passed on to reputable business for them to peddle their wares to you on.... :shifty:

I think most people's music can be judged by the judges we have so far, but I could do with a judge who knows a fair bit of Rap & RnB, as I know nothing, and Drags & Malenko say they don't know much either. Any help much app'd.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what kind of music you listen to :shifty:

If it's mainly Rap, then I'd prefer you to be a judge, heh.

You can put yourself down though as an enterant, however unless at least three more people sign up, you'll only be a reserve (Which I don't doubt will be needed)

The idea I had was to have each genre's judge score that song.

So for example, rvdwannabe might score Fatal Impact by Darkane a 6, and one of the rap guys might score a good rap song by my opponent a 8, so he'd win because his song was the better example of it's genre, not necessarily the best out of the two songs.

Not in nasty way, but I said do it by genre in one of my first posts here, so that we score it by how good it is in its genre, rather than directly song versus song....glad to know people listen to me....:P

MSN: kingliambyrne@hotmail.com

Genre's: All covered by the judges, so no worries there

Usual hours: Most evenings, if I'm not working.

I think most people's music can be judged by the judges we have so far, but I could do with a judge who knows a fair bit of Rap & RnB, as I know nothing, and Drags & Malenko say they don't know much either. Any help much app'd.

I can fill the rap vacancy if needed?

I think I have a problem here...okay, I download music, I'll admit it. After I have downloaded a few songs (maybe 18 or so) I'll burn them, then delete them. So now I have only 19 songs on my playlist...Should I drop out, or what?

Thanks Inferno :D That's all gaps filled now. There may be a few hiccups here and there, but otherwise it's sorted.

Umm, ladydav...umm...well, say you get through to the third round, then you're gonna be coming up with repeats again most likely. This may cause a problem. We'll keep you for now, but if there are too many repeats, then we'll have to see.

Guest George

All possible means of contact : MSN: jorge_fofo@hotmail.com

All possible genres that will come up: Punk, Metal, Grunge, Jazz, Classic, Blues, Alternative Rock, Ballad, Bass, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Hardcore, Indie, Industrial, Instrumental Rock, Latin Rock, Ska, Vocal and probably various others.

and What hours you're usually on: Depends on the day, but the most common time would be on the late mornings (around 11 - 4 MST)

I've got some bad news, I have to drop out of this competition. My computer basically fried itself out, and stopped working. Therefore I had to re-format it, thus losing ALL of my music. I could re-copy some of my cd's, but there is no way I'm going to be able to restore 9000+ songs in a short period of time. I'd be glad to be a judge if any more are needed, or at the very least be a spectator.

Guest George

I've got some bad news, I have to drop out of this competition. My computer basically fried itself out, and stopped working. Therefore I had to re-format it, thus losing ALL of my music. I could re-copy some of my cd's, but there is no way I'm going to be able to restore 9000+ songs in a short period of time. I'd be glad to be a judge if any more are needed, or at the very least be a spectator.

Actually, let me reconsider my withdrawl. Depending on when the competition begins, I might be able to replenish my music on the computer to an adaquete level to compete. I'm working diligently on putting as many of my cd's as I can in a short period of time. Don't cry yet George :P .

Of course, this is all contingent on how much of my collection I can get up and running again. If no date is set for the competition, then I might just be able to get back into this thing. At the same time I don't want to set the competition back either.