Song War

Steeb

The premise is simple. Battles between people to see who has the best music taste.

32 People enter (Less if we can't get them.

Brackets are drawn out.

1 on 1 battles.

A judge from the panel adjudicates the battle.

Both people press random on either their Winamp or iPod or Music Player Thing.

Write out what song comes out.

The judge - who should be impartial to personal taste - decides who wins on which song is better. Yes, opinion can be different, but there is bad music, and there is good music, let's face it. For instance, The Smiths would beat Milli Vanilli.

First to 5 points wins the battle.

Winner goes through to the next round.

Repeat process until a Tournament Winner is decided.

So, enterants and judges are needed. Just apply in here.

Of course, if this does fall flat on it's face, then at least I tried.

I can also see why this may be moved to Forum Games, but I think it belongs in here more. It's not a game per say, more of a 'competition', if you will. I don't think it'll get the exposure needed in Forum Games either.

So, like I say, I need TRUSTWORTHY entrants and IMPARTIAL judges. The more the merrier.

Any takers?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...yeah, I'll do it. I'll be down as an entrant, because I'm fairly elitist when it comes to music, so I'd make a fairly crappy judge, but whatever.

Cool. That's enough people to do one bracket. I need at least 8 realistically, although the more the merrier.

I'll be a member of the panel, and another one or two would be handy.

Is MSN or AIM better for people? I don't do Yahoo! so it could be handy to find a judge who does :D. PM's could be done too. Even e-mail, lol.

I'll toss my name in as an entrant as well, alot of stuff I listen to might not be known by many of the EWB members though. I just need to figure out how to use the "random" feature on my Windows Media Player.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I'm up for this.

I could totally see myself either doing really well with my good musical taste in stuff like Nine Inch Nails, Guns N' Roses and the like... but also doing very badly with my bad musical taste in Savage Garden, Against Me and other shitty stuff that I have a soft-spot for.

Anyways...MSN is probably best for most of us, as that seems to be the most widely used program among the EWBers.

I'm up for this.

I could totally see myself either doing really well with my good musical taste in stuff like Nine Inch Nails, Guns N' Roses and the like... but also doing very badly with my bad musical taste in Savage Garden, Against Me and other shitty stuff that I have a soft-spot for.

Anyways...MSN is probably best for most of us, as that seems to be the most widely used program among the EWBers.

Thats kinda depending. If they are looking at it as good music versus bad music, than you may struggle if you have something like Savage Garden in your collection. But if it goes genre vs genre (as in, you don't look at the music against each other, but against its relevant genre to see how "good" it is, before going against the other song....if that makes sense.....otherwise pop stuff would never win), Savage Garden are a good pop band, so they could do ok in that respects.

I just need to figure out how to use the "random" feature on my Windows Media Player.

Now Playing > Now Playing List (right hand side, above the list) > Play Shuffled :)

I found the "Now Playing" and the "Now Playing List" but I didn't see anything that said play shuffled. I appreciate the help all the same though, I'll see if I can get this figured out.